Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Mariah's 19 #1s

A Star Is Born will be more successful than any Madonna movie

5 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Comparing 1st single to a single from an already released album, in that regards, how did MTN do? bey1

Well MTN was BTW's fifth single, so we should compare it with LAP's 5th single which is Dear Jessie. bey1 How did DJ do? bey1

2 hours ago, Q U E E N said:

Gaga will soon complete the EGOT and have all four major American entertainment awards. Madonna stans will fume ny6

But how? I love Gaga but you need an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony. She only has a grammy. She's been nominated for both Oscar and Emmy. Maybe shell get an oscar for the movie but what about an Emmy? Also how is she gonna get a Tony any time soon? Again not hating just wondering

11 minutes ago, Miley said:

But how? I love Gaga but you need an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, and Tony. She only has a grammy. She's been nominated for both Oscar and Emmy. Maybe shell get an oscar for the movie but what about an Emmy? Also how is she gonna get a Tony any time soon? Again not hating just wondering

Q U E E N doesn‘t even like or stan Gags. SHE was hating on her in past threads and is now using her because she knows she can drag Madge fans.

I‘d be more humble if I were her though considering she‘s a Moo stan and we ALL know how her movie ventures went.

I think nothing tops the flop that was Glitter. carla1 

24 minutes ago, Rachel Green said:

Well MTN was BTW's fifth single, so we should compare it with LAP's 5th single which is Dear Jessie. bey1 How did DJ do? bey1

It was released only in the UK and a few other countries, where it did better. Also, Born This Way came 3-4 years into her career, that would be True Blue era for Madonna, comign from a critically acclaimed movie / film role in Depserately Seeking Susan

Anyway, 5th single would be La Isla Bonita, which is currently getting more daily views (triple to be exact) than the most viewed video on YouTube by Gaga, but okay!

And MTN was promoted to the mother fucking heavens, but a flop is a flop, a bad actress is a bad actress, and both Madonna and Gaga are exactly that.

10 minutes ago, Jjang said:

It was released only in the UK and a few other countries, where it did better. Also, Born This Way came 3-4 years into her career, that would be True Blue era for Madonna, comign from a critically acclaimed movie / film role in Depserately Seeking Susan

Anyway, 5th single would be La Isla Bonita, which is currently getting more daily views (triple to be exact) than the most viewed video on YouTube by Gaga, but okay!

And MTN was promoted to the mother fucking heavens, but a flop is a flop, a bad actress is a bad actress, and both Madonna and Gaga are exactly that.

burn1burn1burn1 YAS KING!

Show these Little Movie Critics where their fucking place is!

2 hours ago, Jjang said:

Well, Dick Tracy did over 300m, additional 100m + from rentals and was nominated for like 10 Oscars, won three, including best song for Sooner or Later (buy Im Breathless on iTunes), Evita is a classic and granted her extreme praise from critics, despite the movie being badly received. It was also nominated for tons of Oscars as well, won a couple, so yeah, baby steps dear, baby steps. 

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dicktracy.htm

it didn't though

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

162.7m in 2018 money is like 350m, that's without adding the additional 100m from rental figures.

And it cost 100m to produce and promote, and adjust that number for inflation and the movie doesn't seem successful lol 

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

And it cost 100m to produce and promote, and adjust that number for inflation and the movie doesn't seem successful lol 

Grossing nearly x4 your budget and being a massive success in rental figures is not a success? It was the 9th biggest film that year overall. Lol.

7 minutes ago, Jjang said:

162.7m in 2018 money is like 350m, that's without adding the additional 100m from rental figures.

you're literally just twisting narratives to suit your own, costs etc were also inflated compared to back then. 

just stick with one narrative

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

you're literally just twisting narratives to suit your own, costs etc were also inflated compared to back then. 

just stick with one narrative

My only narrative is that they both suck, I still can't say for sure about Gaga which is why I'll decide tomorrow when I watch it lol. 

You can't compare 1990 money with 2018 money, a Katy Perry tour would be doomed more successful than a MJ one with that logic. 

Adjusted figures :

Budget : 87m

Gross : 310m 

(2017 money, not 2018, which is significantly higher of course)

That's 3.6, which means the film made nearly x4 the amounts of its budget, adjusted or not lol. You can't tell me that's not a success. 

16 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Grossing nearly x4 your budget and being a massive success in rental figures is not a success? It was the 9th biggest film that year overall. Lol.

Honey, adjust 100 million from the 90s to today and you'll see it did NOT gross 4x its budget lol

2 hours ago, Infrared said:

Born This Way was more successful than Express Yourself so not surprised. She simply just does it better!

bey7

This tea clap3 She does everything better tbh.

But I feel like the only people who know of Evita are Madonna stans because I honestly never heard of it before fall1 

4 minutes ago, Moonlight said:

This tea clap3 She does everything better tbh.

But I feel like the only people who know of Evita are Madonna stans because I honestly never heard of it before fall1 

unofficial upload from only three years ago : 20m views

Clearly more than Shallow will ever get, you know, like, 20 + years from now. burn1

22 minutes ago, Jjang said:

I was refferring to the $46m figure. Regradless, even with that figure, it made $130m profit, and additional $150m + from rental figures. How is that not a success?

It actually cost over 100m to produce (without inflation) and promote, and it grossed 162m - now that's not success lj1

Also, for rental - that literally took years and years to earn that, so you can not count that lo orangu1 also, receipts for that figure?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.