Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Divine

Ariana Grande | thank u, next | Fifth Studio Album | February 8, 2019

1 hour ago, Law said:

THE TITLE ITSELF IS A DRAG BREAKUP ALBUM INCOMING burn1

46 minutes ago, Chris Morlock said:

the type that is directed at an ex ari5 

She said it won't have any drags in it

31 minutes ago, Kyoteki said:

The lead is “thank u, next”. Isn’t it?

ik the album is titled that but isn’t that the name of the lead also?

its the title of both

26 minutes ago, Kyoteki said:

Also who produced the album? And what have they done before?

Tammy Brown i think

1 hour ago, Kyoteki said:

Also who produced the album? And what have they done before?

Tommy Brown and company. He's produced on every Ariana album. Better Off, Goodnight n Go, Pete Davidson, Moonlight, Knew Better/Forever Boy, Be Alright, Let Me Love You are recent examples of his work with her. The entire Christmas & Chill EP was his work as well.

14 minutes ago, Divine said:

Tommy Brown and company. He's produced on every Ariana album. Better Off, Goodnight n Go, Pete Davidson, Moonlight, Knew Better/Forever Boy, Be Alright, Let Me Love You are recent examples of his work with her. The entire Christmas & Chill EP was his work as well.

UGH This bout to KNOCK!!!

The messy title, weirdly quick recording and release (while another two singles are still active, no less), and lack of features are how you know this is probably gonna be lowkey legendary.

Perched for her best record and all that tbh.

I wouldn't get worked up about this album. I doubt there will be major promo for it as Republic just spent loads on Sweetener and I think that this little project may get one single release at best. 

There is Grammy promo (for Sweetener) and the Tour - where is she even going to find the time to focus on thank you, next? It will just get lost. I even doubt they will pay all the publishing rights for any of it to be performed LIVE except the lead single...

Just a thought.

2 hours ago, ajp said:

I wouldn't get worked up about this album. I doubt there will be major promo for it as Republic just spent loads on Sweetener and I think that this little project may get one single release at best. 

There is Grammy promo (for Sweetener) and the Tour - where is she even going to find the time to focus on thank you, next? It will just get lost. I even doubt they will pay all the publishing rights for any of it to be performed LIVE except the lead single...

Just a thought.

You're not really wrong, especially if they market it as a mixtape and not a "real" studio album - but I think what a lot of fans are excited for is the quality, not a commercial push. Hugely positive reception to the team she's working with and the quick recording turnaround. It's a good sign that she's fully confident in the creative space she's been in lately and is taking advantage of it right away.

3 hours ago, ajp said:

Just a thought.

Tbh I don’t think the mission for this project is commercial success. They got that with Sweetener. I think she genuinely just wants to release this music and doesn’t care how well it does.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.