Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Divine

Ariana Grande | thank u, next | Fifth Studio Album | February 8, 2019

Finally, had a chance to listen to the album this morning... 

I like it - a lot. I think the she has found her sound through this album. I feel the production is less than Sweetener but it’s more tight. It’s a good direction for her. Her vocals suit R&B.

It’s almost like Sweetener was what the label wanted and TU,N is what she wanted to do. 

Fav track: Bloodline 

2 hours ago, ajp said:

Finally, had a chance to listen to the album this morning... 

I like it - a lot. I think the she has found her sound through this album. I feel the production is less than Sweetener but it’s more tight. It’s a good direction for her. Her vocals suit R&B.

It’s almost like Sweetener was what the label wanted and TU,N is what she wanted to do. 

Fav track: Bloodline 

Sentence after sentence you are being right and then you picked fabulous Bloodline as the favorite song and you most definitely confirmed being 100 % accurate. jj2 

But yes, album gets you intrigued during that first listen. It's, like you said, tighter, and every song is like piece of puzzle and each piece belongs in the image of the album as a whole. And it is certainly more addictive than Sweetener, because its lower moments can actually pull you away from giving it full spin ( not necessarily, but still ), which is not case with TU,N.

Spotify numbers for those wondering!

Spotify Day 2

7 rings: +9,765,038

break up: +8,310,566

thank u, next: +5,433,834

needy: +4,872,249

bloodline: +4,632,473

NASA: +4,630,220

bad idea: +4,377,164

fake smile: +3,945,881

ghostin: +3,861,605

imagine: +3,670,479

in my head: +3,246,167

makeup: +3,029,545

total: +59,775,130

Biggest second day for a female album (previous record was sweetener with 27M)

Album will likely hit 1B streams on the third day. 7 Rings likely to stay #1 on BB with TUN and Break Up With Your Girlfriend battling it out for #2.

Just now, Divine said:

Spotify numbers for those wondering!

Spotify Day 2

7 rings: +9,765,038

break up: +8,310,566

thank u, next: +5,433,834

needy: +4,872,249

bloodline: +4,632,473

NASA: +4,630,220

bad idea: +4,377,164

fake smile: +3,945,881

ghostin: +3,861,605

imagine: +3,670,479

in my head: +3,246,167

makeup: +3,029,545

total: +59,775,130

Biggest second day for a female album (previous record was sweetener with 27M)

Album will likely hit 1B streams on the third day. 7 Rings likely to stay #1 on BB with TUN and Break Up With Your Girlfriend battling it out for #2.

stream BREAK UP faggots!!!!!!!!! WE NEED that another debut #1

13 hours ago, Jake said:

it's really annoying how tu,n isn't the album closer. it literally fits so fucking perfect dead2 buwyg, ib is like a bonus track

I AGREE. it's the best song to close the album... what was the good sis thinking?

QeMs0Zg.gif

22 hours ago, Paranomin said:

Love every song, cannot wait for her tour. Curious on the set list

she wont do Ghostin' cos its too emotional for now. i imagine she might not perform Make Up but we dont know shrug1 

21 hours ago, Chris Morlock said:

she wont do Ghostin' cos its too emotional for now. i imagine she might not perform Make Up but we dont know shrug1 

I figured she wouldnt do ghostin

I really hope she surprises us and does it.

On 2/20/2019 at 12:16 AM, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Okay but why are Needy and NASA so short? giveup1 I needed another chorus after the bridge on NASA. These two songs have got me living.

tea1 

On 2/9/2019 at 11:17 PM, Jake said:

it's really annoying how tu,n isn't the album closer. it literally fits so fucking perfect dead2 buwyg, ib is like a bonus track

well it was added last minute since 1. Remember was removed and 2. she wanted to end the album on a fun track.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.