Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

Karma strikes little monsters...”A Star is Born” audience reviews plunges below “Venom”

11 minutes ago, Winnie. said:

10 movies vs 3 movies

No one claims Mariah is a good actress

Madonna stans try to claim Desperately seeking Susan and Evita somehow make Madonna acting comparable to Gaga’s. 

I think Gaga is the better actress but that doesn't also make me think she's this incredible one either, you know. This role was taylor made for her and Bradley was a terrific guidance and knew very well how to capture her strength. Whether her charm on critics / public as a convincing actress continues is still yet unknown. If you can't see the reasons for someone like me to be skeptical about her status as an actress then that just means you're taking critics' praise and forming a narrative of your own to paint me as some sort of a bitter fossil. ari9 All I'm saying (and I've been saying that since that start) is that don't go around holding her on this prestige pedistal when the reality of the matter could be that this project was a fluke. Celebrate that status when her next main role in a movie is praised as well. ari9

Madonna's roles in her more successful movies were praised though, that's the thing. The acclaim was never as unanimous as ASIB's but there were more than a dozen critics praising her performance in those movies. Receipts already provided. ari9

Just now, Yzma said:

Well she was good in Evita but that is because it was a musical with no dialogue. All she did was perform like she always does and we know she‘s good on stage. She just sucks when it comes to movies. In fact, she‘s terrible and no one is denying that but she did get good reviews for those two. Plus, it was a different time. Evita came after the Erotica backlash and literally helped rebuild Madonna‘s reputation and repair her image after Erotica. 

The difference is that neither of the two were directorial debuts of an acclaimed actor. ;) 

So she can’t act but Gaga can, snd Gaga’s first feature length film debut as a main actress is doing better acclaim wise than anything Madonna has ever done?

ok thanks 

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

I think Gaga is the better actress but that doesn't also make me think she's this incredible one either, you know. This role was taylor made for her and Bradley was a terrific guidance and knew very well how to capture her strength. Whether her charm on critics / public as a convincing actress continues is still yet unknown. If you can't see the reasons for someone like me to be skeptical about her status as an actress then that just means you're taking critics' praise and forming a narrative of your own to paint me as some sort of a bitter fossil. ari9 All I'm saying (and I've been saying that since that start) is that don't go around holding her on this prestige pedistal when the reality of the matter could be that this project was a fluke. Celebrate that status when her next main role in a movie is praised as well. ari9

Madonna's roles in her more successful movies were praised though, that's the thing. The acclaim was never as unanimous as ASIB's but there were more than a dozen critics praising her performance in those movies. Receipts already provided. ari9

The mental gymnastics you go through to discredit everything she does.jj4 Just say she gave a good performance and go.jj4

10 minutes ago, Winnie. said:

10 movies vs 3 movies

No one claims Mariah is a good actress

Madonna stans try to claim Desperately seeking Susan and Evita somehow make Madonna acting comparable to Gaga’s. 

No one claims Madonna is an amazing actress too. eve1 And yes, we can compare their acting skills. They got dragged for almost eveyrthing they did both, only their roles in musicals were acclaimed. eve1

4 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

LM's were creating fake reviews to sabotage Venom and they got exposed, isn't just in this forum, the fanbase is getting dragged everywhere. They started the comparison of the 2 movies with all those insecurities. aura1

Madonna fans spammed Metacritic and RT with negative reviews when FF2 came out. The "holier than thou" act ain't working with me, hun.

Just now, Winnie. said:

So she can’t act but Gaga can, snd Gaga’s first feature length film debut as a main actress is doing better acclaim wise than anything Madonna has ever done?

ok thanks 

We‘ve seen her in AHS and so far, it’s been hit and miss like Madge. 

The roles she‘s been playing were not really outside of her comfort zone. She‘s either playing the witch or the bullied girl turned into a diva. She‘s been playing those two roles throughout her entire career.

5 minutes ago, Régine Filange said:

LM's were creating fake reviews to sabotage Venom and they got exposed, isn't just in this forum, the fanbase is getting dragged everywhere. They started the comparison of the 2 movies with all those insecurities. aura1

MTE

Just now, Bionic Monster said:

Madonna fans spammed Metacritic and RT with negative reviews when FF2 came out. The "holier than thou" act ain't working with me, hun.

A conspiracy theory made up by LMs as usual. lol3 

10 minutes ago, Bionic Monster said:

Y'all are comparing the box office of a PG-13 comic book superhero movie with a built in fanbase to an R-rated romantic/drama musical? Really? The ignorance of some people on this forum knows no bounds.aura1

But it was the little monsters writing fake reviews to bring down “Venom,” so shouldn’t you be directing this to your own fan base? brit3 

1 minute ago, Agugaga said:

But it was the little monsters writing fake reviews to bring down “Venom,” so shouldn’t you be directing this to your own fan base? brit3 

2 minutes ago, Bionic Monster said:

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

So I should disregard critics praise and from my own opinion? But then you say Madonna got critical praise? 

An actress was received advice on her acting,    by her costar and peer? I would expect she would, don’t see what that has to do with anything. 

Gaga better actor, Gaga more acclaimed. And that’s all there really is to it.

You are bitter, that Gaga is receiving such universal on one of her first feature length films as a main actress, you are pressted that Gaga is seeing a resergence in her career. You are pressted thag Gaga has navigated both music and the big screen successfully, something Madonna has failed to do. Check her Razzie noms for receipts. 

1 minute ago, Bionic Monster said:

The mental gymnastics you go through to discredit everything she does.jj4 Just say she gave a good performance and go.jj4

I thought she gave an ok performance, I didn't feel for any of the characters. And that's my unbiased opinion. aura1 Bradley was the real revelation if anything. 

Just now, Bionic Monster said:

Lmao you sound like a Trumper. "Fake news!!!11!" "Witch hunt!"

@Bionic Monster in 2015:

“AHS was ACCLAIMED!!!!“ ”It was the highest rated season!!!!" "Emotion Revolution went VIRAL!!!" "The GP loves her again!" "LG5 will be a HIT!!!"

...Perfect Illusion FLOPPED

...Million Diseases FLOPPED

...Tour CANCELLED

...Fibromyalgiyaaassss

8 minutes ago, Yzma said:

I‘m also shitting on your parade and I‘m LOVING it. ari2 

Lmao you think so highly of yourselflmfao2 Gaga is in a truly acclaimed film and is generating Oscar buzz, everything your fave has been trying to do for 35 years and FAILEDlmfao2 And Gaga got it on her first damn trylmfao2I'm fine over hereari3

6 minutes ago, Bionic Monster said:

Sksks what kind childish mess one second shes bad next second shes good but wait to celebrate for her next role i swear a fossil will eat shit before they ever praise anyone else but Madonna lmfao2

3 minutes ago, Yzma said:

We‘ve seen her in AHS and so far, it’s been hit and miss like Madge. 

The roles she‘s been playing were not really outside of her comfort zone. She‘s either playing the witch or the bullied girl turned into a diva. She‘s been playing those two roles throughout her entire career.

Madonna failure and success in acting is much more fluctuated and drastic than Gaga’s has ever been, but an attempt was made. rip4 

Shes being type casted like most singers turned actors, and is still receiving critical acclaim regardless. Better than what Madonna received when she was typed casted for Evita. 

downvoting won’t change any of that.

1 minute ago, Yzma said:

@Bionic Monster in 2015:

“AHS was ACCLAIMED!!!!“ ”It was the highest rated season!!!!" "Emotion Revolution went VIRAL!!!" "The GP loves her again!" "LG5 will be a HIT!!!"

...Perfect Illusion FLOPPED

...Million Diseases FLOPPED

...Tour CANCELLED

...Fibromyalgiyaaassss

This has literally nothing to do with my post but go off igayumi1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.