Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

Karma strikes little monsters...”A Star is Born” audience reviews plunges below “Venom”

I watched ASIB last night and I cannot believe how overhyped this movie was. I’m literally in shock at what an average movie it turned out to be. It really goes to show how a calculated and contrived Oscar campaign can really fool audiences up until premiere night.

The movie was too long, depressing and predictable. And that’s me being kind. rav2 

And it seems Little Monsters have lost control of the fake review campaign, because audiences are now finally watching it and the reviews are beginning to plunge. In just 1 day it plunged from 94% to 84%, and keep in mind most of the people who saw it opening night were Gaga fans, so when real audiences watch it this weekend, expect the reviews to get even worse. rav1  

Nice try Little Monsters. You almost had me fooled. nat1 

1 minute ago, Gaga = the queen of pop said:

at least it's relevant enough to even be reviewed.. poor Liberation ny5 

Ummm? Liberation received rave reviews from the New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times, etc so not sure what the fuck your deluded mind is saying rav2 

14 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

I watched ASIB last night and I cannot believe how overhyped this movie was. I’m literally in shock at what an average movie it turned out to be. It really goes to show how a calculated and contrived Oscar campaign can really fool audiences up until premiere night.

The movie was too long, depressing and predictable. And that’s me being kind. rav2 

And it seems Little Monsters have lost control of the fake review campaign, because audiences are now finally watching it and the reviews are beginning to plunge. In just 1 day it plunged from 94% to 84%, and keep in mind most of the people who saw it opening night were Gaga fans, so when real audiences watch it this weekend, expect the reviews to get even worse. rav1  

Nice try Little Monsters. You almost had me fooled. nat1 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times, etc

Pitchfork

The pop survivor shows off her powerhouse voice, dabbles in try-hard slang, and takes tentative steps toward creative rebirth on her first album since 2012.

The Independent

Liberation is symphonic and dramatic – everything diehard Aguilera fans would want in an album. But like most Aguilera albums, there are some hits and some misses.

Slant Magazine

Liberation is largely freed from the bombast that has marred Christina Aguilera's past releases.

The Guardian

Liberation sounds like it suffered a crisis of confidence midway through, as if Aguilera was beset by doubts at her ability to pull off a whole album of modern R&B.

The Telegraph

Every track is polished and purposeful, but the sheer busy quality of her singing and overactive variety of the production ensures that Liberationnever settles into a coherent listening experience.

NME
NME

‘Liberation’ may lack the grand ambition and massive pop bangers of her glory days, but by the end, it’s hard to deny that she feels reasonably relevant and contemporary again.

Pretty Much Amazing

In the end ... Liberation never reaches the heights fans likely wanted from Xtina, it serves as a pleasant refresher for a voice that has earned its place in the annals of pop history.

FLOOD Magazine

Liberation, her latest album, resurrects Xtina’s considerable presence as a vocalist, though her attempts at navigating the modern pop landscape still verge on aimless.

2 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Pitchfork

The pop survivor shows off her powerhouse voice, dabbles in try-hard slang, and takes tentative steps toward creative rebirth on her first album since 2012.

The Independent

Liberation is symphonic and dramatic – everything diehard Aguilera fans would want in an album. But like most Aguilera albums, there are some hits and some misses.

Slant Magazine

Liberation is largely freed from the bombast that has marred Christina Aguilera's past releases.

The Guardian

Liberation sounds like it suffered a crisis of confidence midway through, as if Aguilera was beset by doubts at her ability to pull off a whole album of modern R&B.

The Telegraph

Every track is polished and purposeful, but the sheer busy quality of her singing and overactive variety of the production ensures that Liberationnever settles into a coherent listening experience.

NME
NME

‘Liberation’ may lack the grand ambition and massive pop bangers of her glory days, but by the end, it’s hard to deny that she feels reasonably relevant and contemporary again.

Pretty Much Amazing

In the end ... Liberation never reaches the heights fans likely wanted from Xtina, it serves as a pleasant refresher for a voice that has earned its place in the annals of pop history.

FLOOD Magazine

Liberation, her latest album, resurrects Xtina’s considerable presence as a vocalist, though her attempts at navigating the modern pop landscape still verge on aimless.

Why are we talking about Liberation?

Little Monsturds DEFLECTING as usual. How embarrassing!

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Yzma said:

Why are we talking about Liberation?

Little Monsturds DEFLECTING as usual. How embarrassing!

giphy.gif

Not you talking about deflection when it’s your first line of defence lmao 

1 minute ago, harry said:

oh so add rotten tomatoes to your list of things you don’t understand. V cool and expected. 

I have to laugh. 

What's there not to understand? The audience liked Venom more than A Star Is Born. Bradley persuaded and probably bribed critics to bash Venom and hype his shitty average-ass movie. 

Too bad he can't bribe the Academy.

giphy.gif

Just now, Urbanov said:

Not you talking about deflection when it’s your first line of defence lmao 

Deflecting again. What do you have to say about audiences enjoying Venom more than A Flop Is Born? Please stay on topic!

giphy.gif

Just now, Yzma said:

Deflecting again. What do you have to say about audiences enjoying Venom more than A Flop Is Born? Please stay on topic!

giphy.gif

I would have something to say if it was true eve1 stay in your alternative universe, puppy

Just now, Yzma said:

What's there not to understand? The audience liked Venom more than A Star Is Born. Bradley persuaded and probably bribed critics to bash Venom and hype his shitty average-ass movie. 

Too bad he can't bribe the Academy.

giphy.gif

No honey. Jesus, just no. So this is the first weekend you’ve paid attention to the live rotten tomatoes audience score as it’s propogating? Literally every big release fluctuates like crazy in the first weekend, usually settling after the first week, but after all the problems RT has had this past year with bots and whatnot most everyone following the industry doesn’t consider it relevant, but go off I guess. IMDb has some of the same issues. Metacritic doesn’t seem to be hit with the same user abuse for some reason. 

3 hours ago, harry said:

No honey. Jesus, just no. So this is the first weekend you’ve paid attention to the live rotten tomatoes audience score as it’s propogating? Literally every big release fluctuates like crazy in the first weekend, usually settling after the first week, but after all the problems RT has had this past year with bots and whatnot most everyone following the industry doesn’t consider it relevant, but go off I guess. IMDb has some of the same issues. Metacritic doesn’t seem to be hit with the same user abuse for some reason. 

So, when it comes to positive reception RT and MC are receipts for the movie being a success but when it suddenly starts to drop because audiences did not like it as much, it's fake and not accurate! lol3lol3lol3 Now that's truly an extraordinary excuse.

Just now, harry said:

Maybe it’s because I ran a film forum for years and am still active in the community but y’all like a bunch of martians with this stuff. mad12

And suddenly you ran a film forum. lol3 Case closed. I've truly heard it all. A @Q U E E N and her straight fans that love Mariah tea.

Just now, Yzma said:

So, when it comes to positive reception RT and MC are receipts for the movie being success but when it suddenly starts to drop because audiences did not like it as much, it's fake and not accurate! lol3lol3lol3 Now that's truly an extraordinary excuse.

No, but it’s even more simple than that so follow along hun and I’ll walk you through it. RT is only credible for it’s critics reviews. It’s user stuff has been getting hacked for years now. Studios have been caught doing this too, Gotti and Jigsaw being prime examples. Look it up.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.