Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Infrared

Katy : I'm Done with Pop for now

44 minutes ago, Q U E E N said:

this tbh

I don't see what music she could make now? She could just retire ig, she's made enough money and will never struggle financially which is amazing at her age, she's still young, but for pop she's too old

Madonna is twice her age and still making pop lol what

I'm glad. She has plenty of room for reinventions in her arsenal, despite the common sentiment that she lacks talent or understanding of certain dynamics. Maybe if she strategically structures them (which according to her, shouldn't matter anymore 'cause she's over the mainstream game) there's a shot at a new gained commercial & critical success / respect. She's one of the Pop stars I always wanted more from, maybe it's finally time.

7 minutes ago, TheKing said:

Madonna is twice her age and still making pop lol what

except Madonna was never a Hannah Montana/Bubble gum popstar like Katynicki5

Madonna was always very mature in her music which allowed her to grow artistically and musically, even during her debut Madonna was not as childish as Katy, Madonna was more Badass

mj1

3 minutes ago, Ricky Martin said:

Madonna was always very mature in her music which allowed her to grow artistically and musically, even during her debut Madonna was not as childish as Katy, Madonna was more Badass

mj1

Which means Katy has alot of directions she can go in

20 minutes ago, Ricky Martin said:

mj1

That has literally no correlation whatsoever to what was stated. nicki5 The user was literally just questioning why Katy would be too old for pop music when the likes of Madonna & even Kylie are making pop music well into their 50s.

Secondly, Katy and Madonna have very different brands. Madonna being more edgy and bad-ass literally does nothing to stop Katy from reinventing her sound and image. 

2 minutes ago, Kuba said:

That has literally no correlation whatsoever to what was stated. nicki5 The user was literally just questioning why Katy would be too old for pop music when the likes of Madonna & even Kylie are making pop music well into their 50s.

Secondly, Katy and Madonna have very different brands. Madonna being more edgy and bad-ass literally does nothing to stop Katy from reinventing her sound and image. 

Madonna is named the queen of pop, however her albums 1994-2005 are everything but pop nicki5 She went from rnb, to electronica, to country, to folk, to disco, to hiphop... nicki5

As for the OT.

I'm happy she feels that way. She's been on the top of the game for so many years, and it must be refreshing to finally not be expected to recreate Teenage Dream or Prism's success. You can tell that Witness was a struggle between experimentation and getting hit singles, so I hope that the new album finds a better balance.

She's high-key being confusing though. One day we hear that she has a plan in motion, she's in the studio and that long breaks are bad for pop stars, and then some days we hear that she's not rushing into a record and taking a break. ari9 I'm okay with the album being released in 2019/20, but I do hope that we get some songs between now and then! 

9 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Madonna is named the queen of pop, however her albums 1994-2005 are everything but pop nicki5 She went from rnb, to electronica, to country, to folk, to disco, to hiphop... nicki5

I wouldn't call them anything but pop. For sure, they dabble heavily in other genres, but a lot of the music is still genre X seen through a pop artist's eyes jj2 But she totally invests more into exploring the genre rather than just throwing on a themed costume and calling it a day.

nnn even if we disagree though, I think that the title queen of pop refers more to her influence in pop culture rather than just ha music gaga3

2 hours ago, Ricky Martin said:

she doesn't have the music, talent, ideas and attitude too do that

she has never been taken seriosuly by the world because of that

mj1nicki5

What are you talking about...? Most of our faves couldn't do a performance like this.

The problem still is, no matter if she brings out serious music people are not here for it. At least the general public. She tried it with Thinking Of You (which is loved by the ones who know the song, but wasn't as successful as her bubblegum pop), Unconditionally and well. With Chained To The Rhythm she did went into the right direction. Oh god this isn't the battlegrounds what am I even doing here. 

1 hour ago, AGNTEA said:

What are you talking about...? Most of our faves couldn't do a performance like this.

The problem still is, no matter if she brings out serious music people are not here for it. At least the general public. She tried it with Thinking Of You (which is loved by the ones who know the song, but wasn't as successful as her bubblegum pop), Unconditionally and well. With Chained To The Rhythm she did went into the right direction. Oh god this isn't the battlegrounds what am I even doing here. 

This is the direction she should take next, that's what I said, but she is soo gonna flop with this so the Madonna and Katy Comprassions make no sense, they are way too different so are their abilities

44 minutes ago, Ricky Martin said:

This is the direction she should take next, that's what I said, but she is soo gonna flop with this so the Madonna and Katy Comprassions make no sense, they are way too different so are their abilities

Thing is, she already has the material to re-create a mature image without lacking hits. Throughout her career there were always those more meaningful and interesting songs. It's very easy to put them all together, they make sense as an EP as well. As Deluxe tracks you'd have Dark Horse, I'm Still Breathing and Pendulum.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.