Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Portia

Christina speaks about Bionic Sabotage

SO much was on form with this album. Artwork, songs. I think the track listing and those delegated to the deluxe disc could have had some tweaking, with some bonus songs being moved to the main disc. (I pretend Bobblehead doesn't exist).

The fact that the album and the whole era was cut short was so disappointing. I can just imagine Woo Hoo and My Girls both having amazing videos. To this date, Birds of Prey, Stronger Than Ever and You Lost Me and some of the best songs she has recorded.

And don't even get me started on Glam and Sex for Breakfast - LOVE!

Sadly I think the whole project stalled before it even built any momentum. NMT wasn't the BEST opening single after a long break (although its still amazing) and the Gaga comparisons, with her own massive success at the time, just sealed Bionic's doom.

IMO she should have just released Woo Hoo second (with a video) as it may still have performed well. I hate that her record label keep pushing for a ballard as a second single, trying to follow in the Footsteps of Beautiful. That's what killed the momentum for B2B!

if i'm being real, she sabotaged herself hottie1   it's easier to blame someone else for your own failures (though im not implying she's doing that here, maybe she's just going with the flow, but i'm sure she's self-aware that she wanted to promote Burlesque more than Bionic and also she cared about her family more at that point in time). 

bionic may have flopped, but that doesn't mean she had to abandon the project. she could have made more amazing videos, she's not an upcoming struggling artist, she had the ability to turn things around with her own money, but she didn't and she has nobody to blame but herself... i guess she had that "i'm not a chart-chaser" mentality since bionic.  I Am, little dreamer, Elastic Love, Monday Morning, Birds of prey... so many gems to choose from and none sounded like Gaga's sound at that time.

it's the same with liberation... album promotion forgotten on day 0... seriously who does that?   it's easy to say, "we have the album to listen to". 

but simply going to see her live on this tour already made me appreciate Maria so much--a song i didn't care about before seeing her on tour. giving fans visuals help raise the album's likability... in my opinion. The Maria opening and visuals are so amazing, this song is stuck in my head more than Deserve.

I mean, Perez really did a number on it (and he was very influential back then), but then again I think higher powers also had an influence in branding her as the Gaga copycat, and the fact that she easily gave up on the project made it dead on arrival xtina11 

Yes, she was going through a divorce and family issues, and that also contributed, but I really do feel if she fought for Bionic, it could've done better. Many factors contributed to it being a flop that it is.

Still a flawless album tho oprah1 

1 hour ago, STJ said:

if i'm being real, she sabotaged herself hottie1   it's easier to blame someone else for your own failures (though im not implying she's doing that here, maybe she's just going with the flow, but i'm sure she's self-aware that she wanted to promote Burlesque more than Bionic and also she cared about her family more at that point in time). 

[...]

but simply going to see her live on this tour already made me appreciate Maria so much--a song i didn't care about before seeing her on tour. giving fans visuals help raise the album's likability... in my opinion. The Maria opening and visuals are so amazing, this song is stuck in my head more than Deserve.

Thanks a lot for your amazing post! It's the same way I feel rav3... cheer1

Bionic was REALLY ahead of it’s time but NMT mv killed the era IMO cause she got a lot of crap for Gaga comparisons. She should have moved on from that and push another single (and there are so many fantastic songs on the album that would do well on the charts). #JusticeForBionic

Looking back on it it's crazy how powerful Piggy use to be. He was in Britney's Circus tour intro, Rihanna's S&M video, Xtina performed at his birthday party, he hung out with madonna, was Bff's with Gaga/Katy/Taylor and Beyonce let him touch her hand. Why did the Universe allow this ew1

2010 was a weird year in terms of Christina hating. It seemed like general public hated her. She always had haters, but that year was crazy. I also think something was going on back then, maybe sabotage is a bit huge, but definitely there was something.

I wish she could speak more directly about how the album changed during the process, the left out Ladytron tracks like "Kimono Girl", how her initial vision of the album was rejected... 

Also, I loved Not Myself Tonight when it came out, but it really wasn't the best introduction single to the new era to be honest. And the video could have been better too. Woohoo or Glam should have been the first single instead.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.