Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

"A Star Is Born" era is boring...

When the queen of music sang Don't Cry For Me Argentina  from the royal balcony of Buenos Aires, thousands of people were moved and cried. This is clearly seen in the film, but you might think they were actors paid to cry or Madonna's fans. But no. Thousands of Buenos Aires' citizens came to hear Madonna sing for free. They had not been paid and had not been told to cry. Evita's songs like Don't Cry for Me Argentina and You Must Love Me are not only beautiful from a vocal point of view, but they deeply touch your feelings. The only ones who cry when they hear Shallow are onions.

25 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

She was working with electronic producers for the next album, so you might enjoy that

Inb4 she scraps it faster than you can say Ferrari gaga1

A-Yo is THAT bitch btwgaga1

6 hours ago, The One Beyond All said:

When the queen of music sang Don't Cry For Me Argentina  from the royal balcony of Buenos Aires, thousands of people were moved and cried. This is clearly seen in the film, but you might think they were actors paid to cry or Madonna's fans. But no. Thousands of Buenos Aires' citizens came to hear Madonna sing for free. They had not been paid and had not been told to cry. Evita's songs like Don't Cry for Me Argentina and You Must Love Me are not only beautiful from a vocal point of view, but they deeply touch your feelings. The only ones who cry when they hear Shallow are onions.

no one cries to shallow, they cry to the end of the movie dead4 

7 hours ago, harry said:

It was some of her most experimental music she had released up to that point and has released to date, and the visuals were stunning. ari9

This but I still screamed ari9 

I guess 'successful' is coded as 'boring' now that we're used to floppage? brit9

Anyway if you're bored already then nnnnnn it's going to be a marathon era right up until Oscar night.  Even if she doesn't get a nom for Best Actress (which she very likely will) one of the songs is almost guaranteed to win the Best Original Song Oscar and it will be a genuine win.  She'll probably have the EGOT in the bag by the time she's 40 tbh.

I think what she's doing is a real step forward in a way that Joanne... wasn't.  gaga1 She was always much more than a pop star.  I low-key hope she doesn't go back to that, because what she's doing now focusing on vocal-driven work and stuff distinct from the Haus enterprise is more interesting tbh.  She's also very charming now.  I'm legit happy for her.

8 hours ago, The One Beyond All said:

Sis, nobody remembers that movie Madonna  and it has a 6.3 on imdb. A Star Is Born is already waaay more acclaimed and successful.

On 10/17/2018 at 9:46 AM, Agugaga said:

I mean how much longer do we have to keep this going. Sure, I'm happy for the critical and commercial success of the film/soundtrack, but I'm definitely bored. In 2009, I liked Gaga because of her pop/dance music and her innovative and bold ways made me a huge fan. But this? If I wanted to stan a boring HOT AC act I would've been stanning Pink or Kelly Clarkson. "Shallow" is a nice song, but its depressing. And so are the other ballads. So yea, it's just weird to me that the only way Gaga was truly able to find commercial success again was to completely abandon what she once was and now she's become this elegant, boring rich celebrity. Kinda reminds me of Madonna's boring 90s eras. oprah14 

lol gorl what? where is the comparison apart from Evita?

The 90s were Madonna's creative apex. I mean Vogue, Erotica album, sex book, Ray of Light album, Human Nature choreography, Blonde Ambition tour, Frozen video, Bedtime Story video, the Girlie Show, etc and that's just getting into the work. Didn't even mention the iconic moments, interviews, and awards. I mean, I like Gaga but she wishes her "boring" looked like Madonna's 90s decade.

19 hours ago, Chantoya Jo Jackson said:

lol gorl what? where is the comparison apart from Evita?

The 90s were Madonna's creative apex. I mean Vogue, Erotica album, sex book, Ray of Light album, Human Nature choreography, Blonde Ambition tour, Frozen video, Bedtime Story video, the Girlie Show, etc and that's just getting into the work. Didn't even mention the iconic moments, interviews, and awards. I mean, I like Gaga but she wishes her "boring" looked like Madonna's 90s decade.

Y'all are misunderstanding my comment. I didn't mean all of the Madonna's 90s era were a bore, just around the time when she started dropping ballads and going for the safe radio sound. Songs like "I'll Remember," "Take a Bow," and her "Something to Forget" album. She became a boring AC artist before transitioning out of that phase with "Ray of Light." (That album isn't my cup of tea either rav2 ).

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.