Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WinnieIsFree

Why is Mariah self sabatoging?

Here me out girls!

First she saves the celeb feature and BOP, for the 3rd single. When she could have lead with it for hype, or saved it as the 2nd and performed it at the AMA’s. 

And now she keeps serving whisper vocals on 3 songs straight, stans and non stans alike are DONE. 

To make matters worse, she’s serving Ariana enunciation, how are people supposed to sing along to the song on the radio when they don’t know what you’re saying? I only understood because I’m a veteran lamb. 

She needs to give CHEST voice for her next single. “The Distance” smells like a comeback single. 

Also, TY$ is chart poison and I don’t know why artists keep featuring him, even though he sounds good. 

4 hours ago, Winnie. said:

And now she keeps serving whisper vocals on 3 songs straight, stans and non stans alike are DONE. 

Idk get this either. She can't even sing these parts live. jj2 This isn't 1997 anymore, gal. Lemme hear that bass

I feel like the one mistake was not letting GTFO keep its momentum instead of basically using it as a platform to announce With You. I LOVE both songs (and The Distance too) but GTFO was a masterstroke of an unexpected sound from her and people loved it. She could have pushed a clean version to radio easily and kept the title the same. Both of those first two singles deserved to smash though, in my book  They’re FLAWLESS.

As far as the vocals, I love the whisper register so I don’t mind, and it corresponds to the energy and vibe of what this album is shaping up to be. All three are bops but they’re also sonically so comfortable to listen to. I’ve been having a very stressful semester and they’ve really helped me mellow—so I admit I’m a lil biased but I love them all the same. The FIRST thing I pointed out on first listens of both GTFO and WY was how luxe and under control her voice was. 

Edit:  This is off topic but there are other things that really signal a clean break from post-Emancipation Mariah to me too that are more subtle and effective. No text on the album cover, for instance. Iconic. Gone are the bloated tracklists (don’t come for me I love MIAM and Memoirs) and back is the dynamite 10-track classic format. Succinct one-word title instead of the ones that sound almost defensively long. Idk, everything about it thus far just really resonates for me but to each lamb ha own. 

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.