Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Cardi B now female rapper with most weeks on #1

The latest week atop the Hot 100 for "Girls" grants Cardi B a record, as she passes Iggy Azalea for the most total weeks atop the tally among female rappers, eight vs. seven. Before her current four-week reign, Cardi B led for a week in July with "I Like It," with Bad Bunny and J Balvin, and for three weeks in October 2017 with her debut hit, "Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)." Azalea earned her seven weeks atop the Hot 100 all via her debut smash "Fancy," featuring Charli XCX, in 2014. (Thus, Azalea notched all her weeks at No. 1 as a lead act; Cardi B has spent five of her eight weeks at No. 1 as a lead.)

Bodak Yellow (3 weeks)

I Like It (1 week)

Girls Like You (4 weeks)

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8479913/lady-gaga-bradley-cooper-hot-top-10-hot-100

1 minute ago, Hylia said:

I’m just curious. Do you genuinely stan Cardi or is this one of those “enemy of my enemy is my friend” type of situations? orangu1 

Nnn, at the beginning it was that situation but Cardi actually grew on me nicki5 

2 minutes ago, Caution said:

But makes better music

I wouldn’t say nickis music is bad, but it’s not better. Anyway nicki has nothing to do with this topic. And you barbz dragging me for mentioning nicki in other threads. jj2 

7 minutes ago, Hylia said:

I’m just curious. Do you genuinely stan Cardi or is this one of those “enemy of my enemy is my friend” type of situations? orangu1 

It actually is lol3 

3 minutes ago, The One Beyond All said:

EW. Why put emphasis on the fact that she's is a female rapper rather than just celebrating this minor achievement? I said "minor" cuz it is a local achievemnet (only in the US) and after all albums >>>>>>>>>>>> singles. Peace.

Because it’s important to celebrate woman who have success in a male dominated music world? 

4 minutes ago, Simón. said:

I wasn’t the one bringing up Nicki. 

Kinda ironic @Caution that you upvote that post when you were the one derailing it. 

u don't get my point. Why you need to praise Cardi for having more #1s than other female rappers?  What's the point to make female rappers compete against each other, especially if you consider that basically without Nicki Minaj this achievement would be worthless cuz there are not many other competitors right now. Write a post when Cardi will break Drake's record instead or another successful male if you REALLY wanna praise the power of women. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.