Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Holiest Dreams

Big Machine trying to re-sign Taylor; still could move labels

I doubt she'll resign with them only for Scott to (most probably) sell the label to Universal. She'd be better off just signing with Universal on her own terms. Maybe then she could finally have better distribution for international fans. bey7

2 hours ago, Mitski said:

wait... the title had me confused I thought they were trying to fire her for a second, I was like that's coldlmfao1

2 hours ago, Hylia said:

So did I lmfao1 

2 hours ago, Liz Lemon said:

I thought the same thing lmao

Cackling dead2 

let me fix it ny1 

Label hocus pocus makes my head hurt but basically BM wants to re-sign Tay but she wants the rights to her back catalog/masters and if they do that BM will lose company value so they're considering selling the company to UMG who will then own her masters and can offer Tay what she wants which is her masters and a new deal!

well did i get it?  

6 minutes ago, Sylk said:

Label hocus pocus makes my head hurt but basically BM wants to re-sign Tay but she wants the rights to her back catalog/masters and if they do that BM will lose company value so they're considering selling the company to UMG who will then own her masters and can offer Tay what she wants which is her masters and a new deal!

well did i get it?  

Yes jj2 

Spoiler

I think jj2 

Honestly, as beneficial as Big Machine have been to her, she could likely do it on her own indie terms, or under another record label. And, if BMLG is being sold to Universal Music, it'd make sense for her to just sign directly to Universal or one of its subsidiary labels, which include some of these labels:

• A&M Records
  • Capitol Music Group
  • Caroline Records
  • Def Jam Recordings
  • Geffen Records
  • Interscope Records
  • Island Records
  • Republic Records
  • The Verve Music Group
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply