MTV rebooting TRL to be Digital only

https://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/326976/viacom-taps-lego-executive-for-digital-studios-pos.html

At MTV Studios, Silberbauer will be tasked with managing development, production and creative for the company’s original digital programming. That will include oversight of the “Cribs” and “TRL” brands, which are being rebooted for its digital and social platforms.

8 minutes ago, Kyoteki said:

It could work..... actually a smart idea because TV is dying 

MTV youtube views hardly get that much interaction I doubt it, MTV spend 400 thousand dollars on renovating that TRL studio in 2017

this is more of them trying to get the most money out of that purchase rather than killing the brand outright. BUT trust me the brand is dead.

Kyoteki 8,707
5 minutes ago, CarsonD said:

MTV youtube views hardly get that much interaction I doubt it, MTV spend 400 thousand dollars on renovating that TRL studio in 2017

this is more of them trying to get the most money out of that purchase rather than killing the brand outright. BUT trust me the brand is dead.

Truuue. They prolly shoulda went digitally day 1 and collabed with a popular streaming service or something. It prolly would have done a BIT better. 

Urbanov 47,301
2 hours ago, Kyoteki said:

Truuue. They prolly shoulda went digitally day 1 and collabed with a popular streaming service or something. It prolly would have done a BIT better. 

And interact with people who are internet celebrities - this could work

22 hours ago, Dangerous Jim said:

TRL reboot was an insult to its legacy 

im here for the Cribs reboot tho

100% its sad it has to go out on this note but its all MTVS fault