Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Infrared

Woman dies after voting Republican

“She was very proud,” Griffith said. “She wanted to drain the swamp. She voted straight-ticket Republican. She was very happy. She kept saying she finally got to vote.”

Screaming at the Karma lmfao2lmfao2 

Smfh you are all fucking disgusting. I personally would never vote similarly to her but just because of that I would never wish her fucking DEATH. 

I applaud her for getting to the polls and for clearly fulfilling a great dream of hers. The emotion in her face is priceless. Fuck all of you for shitting on her for having a different opinion than most of us. 

23 minutes ago, SWINΞ said:

Smfh you are all fucking disgusting. I personally would never vote similarly to her but just because of that I would never wish her fucking DEATH. 

I applaud her for getting to the polls and for clearly fulfilling a great dream of hers. The emotion in her face is priceless. Fuck all of you for shitting on her for having a different opinion than most of us. 

I can't quite get on board with applauding her, but I do agree with many of the replies thus far being pretty repugnant. There's plenty of older people who are somewhat gullible and still take conservative candidates at face value and believe they're good moral Christians or some such because they say they are.

Nobody needs to be sobbing over an elderly stranger dying or anything, nor do they need to be laughing, but FOTP generally doesn't seem to grasp that reaction to death. It's like people are either in rhapsody because they didn't like the person or if they're sad/outraged it's because they're tied to an issue they care about (I know a couple of people on here have said they were basically used to gun violence in the States and weren't really moved any individual case of it anymore, for example, and they largely got dragged for it). I don't get it.

Fun fact, in Texas, where this woman voted, only 3 counties out of state of more than 200 have any LGBT protections, period, and there are no laws protecting employees on the basis of their gender or sexual orientation. Again, in part thanks to voters like this old bat,  so...  cry me a fucking river. 

Can we not pretend that this woman, or the political persuasion (especially after yesterday) that she seemed to slobber over herself to support,, don't wish the same thing upon us? The problem with dinner table discourse is that it's only passable in dinner table times. I watched on live television today as the sitting President of the United States had a microphone ripped out of a reporters hand, referred to him as the enemy of the people, and had his access revoked -- all because he asked critical questions. These are not normal times. 

Do I claim that we're justified celebrating her death? No -- but I don't feel bad about it, because she perpetuates the political power of an ideology that views all minorities as less than human, and because there is an entire segment of the population that wouldn't pay us the same respect if the situation was reversed.  

9 minutes ago, Mamacita said:

Cry me a fucking river. 

Can we not pretend that this woman, or the political persuasion (especially after yesterday) that she seemed to slobber over herself to support,, don't wish the same thing upon us? The problem with dinner table discourse is that it's only passable in dinner table times. I watched on live television today as the sitting President of the United States had a microphone ripped out of a reporters hand, referred to him as the enemy of the people, and had his access revoked -- all because he asked critical questions. These are not normal times. 

Do I claim that we're justified celebrating her death? No -- but I don't feel bad about it, because there is an entire segment of the population that wouldn't pay us the same respect if the situation was reversed.  

So you’re saying you stoop to their level simply because they would if the tides were turned? That’s outrageous. How can anybody expect anybody to be a better human being if nobody takes the first step toward being more kind. 

In the words of Ghandi, eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Someone’s gotta be the bigger person and I’m extremely disappointed that it’s not someone I share political views with (presuming you’re progressive). 

I am btw in no way trying to sound ‘holier than thou’ I am just ashamed to see the divisiveness in our community and the rest of the US. 

21 minutes ago, SWINΞ said:

So you’re saying you stoop to their level simply because they would if the tides were turned? That’s outrageous. How can anybody expect anybody to be a better human being if nobody takes the first step toward being more kind. 

In the eyes of Ghandi, eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Someone’s gotta be the bigger person and I’m extremely disappointed that it’s not someone I share political views with (presuming you’re progressive). 

I am btw in no way trying to sound ‘holier than thou’ I am just ashamed to see the divisiveness in our community and the rest of the US. 

You don't live in Texas do you? 

I do -- I got called a faggot and I was told that I was going to burn in hell at the grocery store the other day. Thankfully the nice people at Aldis kicked them out, but still...

Singing kumbaya and elevating your fellow man is one thing -- but conservatism down here, it changes you, in the midwest, in the south, if you're gay, if you're black, if you're latino, if you're asian, it's something else. You quickly realize that if you're not prepared to be as belligerent as they are, down here, they'll eat you up.  I'm not going to sit here and claim that every true, red-blooded conservative down here is a brute, but a lot of them are -- and they'll tell you to your face what they think . If they think you're going to hell, they'll tell you -- and they'll say it's what you deserve. Do I wish it was different yes? Do I wish I had the resolve to take the higher road? Yeah. 

But I don't. 

I'm not saying it's right, or that it's virutatious, or justified -- but I can't find it within myself to be apologetic.

18 minutes ago, Mamacita said:

You don't live in Texas do you? 

I do -- I got called a faggot and I was told that I was going to burn in hell at the grocery store the other day. Thankfully the nice people at Aldis kicked them out, but still...

Singing kumbaya and elevating your fellow man is one thing -- but conservatism down here, it changes you, in the midwest, in the south, if you're gay, if you're black, if you're latino, if you're asian, it's something else. You quickly realize that if you're not prepared to be as belligerent as they are, down here, they'll eat you up.  I'm not going to sit here and claim that every true, red-blooded conservative down here is a brute, but a lot of them are -- and they'll tell you to your face what they think . If they think you're going to hell, they'll tell you -- and they'll say it's what you deserve. Do I wish it was different yes? Do I wish I had the resolve to take the higher road? Yeah. 

But I don't. 

I'm not saying it's right, or that it's virutatious, or justified -- but I can't find it within myself to be apologetic.

Lmfao I’m from rural Indiana.... I’ve been called worse. I’m not singing fucking kumbaya sis I’m just saying if you expect others to treat you with respect treat them with respect. You can be angry, being angry is good. But being disrespectful has no value. I too have lived my entire life in one of the most conservative states/regions in the country so I can sympathize with your experiences. 

I’m sorry you don’t have the capacity to be apologetic. That’s on you though an nobody else. It’s sad to me and honestly just as shitty as that person calling you a fag. Nobody will be better if nobody can find it in themselves to be better. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.