Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Dennis Reynolds

Diego Luna to lead Star Wars streaming series

Diego Luna will star in a new “Star Wars” series for Disney’s upcoming streaming service. The show will be a prequel to “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”
Luna will reprise his role as rebel spy Cassian Andor, the cocky daredevil who helped Felicity Jones’ Jyn Erso steal the Death Star plans in the hit 2016 movie. Given that film’s high mortality rate, a sequel would have been a difficult proposition.

“Going back to the ‘Star Wars’ universe is very special for me,” Luna said in a statement. “I have so many memories of the great work we did together and the relationships I made throughout the journey. We have a fantastic adventure ahead of us, and this new exciting format will give us the chance to explore this character more deeply.”

The “Rogue One” prequel will unfold in the early years of the Rebellion and is described as a “rousing spy thriller.” A release date for the series has not yet been announced, but production will begin in 2019. Disney expects to launch its new direct-to-consumer service late next year. The company believes that customers are moving more deeply into the world of subscription streaming and it needs to be there to vacuum up their dollars. Even though companies such as Amazon and Netflix have a head start, Disney hopes that its suite of brands, which include not just Lucasfilm, but also Pixar and Marvel, will give it an advantage.

Luna will start shooting the “Rogue One” spinoff after he completes work on the next season of Netflix’s “Narcos.”

https://variety.com/2018/biz/news/star-wars-diego-luna-1203023798/

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.