Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Holiest Dreams

1 Year of Reputation

Ugh, a classic, this is a classic! cry4

"reputation" is what really helped me get into Taylor and to be honest, I still come back to it more often than I come back to her other albums. I'd post a vvvv complex list of opinions for each song, but nobody would read that so i'll just resume to saying that "End Game" & "Call It What You Want" are underrated af (!!!), "Getaway Car" & "New Year's Day" got me bawling like a bitch and "This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things" won't ever be glamour! period!

Her best era her best tour one of her most iconic albums giveup1
I loved it hearing it first coming out (some tracks were growers) but this whole era blew me away, it made me a bigger Taylor stan than I was before and I'm glad for that! oprah4

One of my favorite tracks on the album now though is New Years Day just because of how raw it is giveup1

10 minutes ago, Baekhyun. said:

I can't believe.. I can't believe..

it's been one year already awk1 

@Sylk And we haven't talked in since forever !! I hope you're doing good. hug1 

omg hiiii this is so crazy I was just thinking about you the other day! I'm doing good. Hope you're doing good too oprah4 

When the album came out, I had it on repeat for big chunk of time during November. I know that I definitely appreciated that she was once again  trying something new. She didn't switch genres, but this sound wasn't explored by her that much. Delicate, Getaway Car and Call It What You Want were my personal favorites. I Did Something Bad is where I felt she did it again - she reinvented herself again. The song was new experience for her. It feels like Blank Space's evil twin. Then Don't Blame Me is where she is obsessed and inebriated due to being madly in love and is pretty much captivating. So It Goes and Dress showing her more sexual side in a classy way is what instantly grabbed my attention with former being slightly better and more enjoyable for me, because of gloomy and darker undertones. While So It Goes is deeply rooted in lust, Dress is more focused on sincere romantic relationship. Both present sensual Taylor but with different kind of love. King Of My Heart felt like filler at first, but all those electro-clash sounds and bridge made me appreciate it. Dancing With Our Hands Tied is what I needed to hear. I am lost at words. I love everything about it. Look What You Made Me Do's campy counterpart This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things is cute, but I mostly feel indifferent towards it. New Year's Day is pure emotion and full of hope. Definitely the Taylor anyone can feel. 

Now I can say that I Did Something Bad, Don't Blame Me, Delicate, So It Goes, Getaway Car, Dancing With Our Hands Tied, Dress, Call It What You Want and New Year's Day are her best material on the album. 

5 hours ago, Sylk said:

omg hiiii this is so crazy I was just thinking about you the other day! I'm doing good. Hope you're doing good too oprah4 

Wow.. we're on each other's wavelengths. scream1 

SO glad to hear you're doing good! I'm still recovering from this cold..

well, something very exciting is gonna happen but I shouldn't tell you here, it'd be too off topic. tehe1 

6 minutes ago, Baekhyun. said:

Wow.. we're on each other's wavelengths. scream1 

SO glad to hear you're doing good! I'm still recovering from this cold..

well, something very exciting is gonna happen but I shouldn't tell you here, it'd be too off topic. tehe1 

Yes, sure pm me sometime! Also get well soon <3

On 11/10/2018 at 4:59 PM, Taylor said:

So, those of you who use the album, do you still have the same favorites or has your taste evolved? I’m curious to see compared to everyone’s faves a year ago oprah12 

my faves pretty much stayed the same bey8 

1. IDSB
  2. ...RFI?
  3. DBM

bey8 

The least said about the album the better if i'm being honest.

By FAR her worst record.

Half the time it's garbage (look what you made me do, i did something bad, end game, so it goes, ready for it and this is why we can't have nice things) and half the time it's really good (Delicate, Getaway car, New Year's Day, Dancing With Our Hands Tied, Don't Blame Me, Dress and King Of My Heart)

While the album is solid from a songwriting standpoint and i do feel like Taylor is being satirical on the 1st half of the album but the appalling production choices ruin any chance of the songs being good.

Gosh, who the hell told Taylor that following the trend of generic trap pop and doing rap would be a gold idea?

How did Jack Antonoff go from producing many masterpieces from 1989 and Melodrama (Out Of The Woods, Liability and Perfect Places) to something Look What You Made Me Do and This Is Why Can't Have Nice Things?

Same applies for Max Martin where he produced so many good songs from 1989 (blank space, style) to something so basic, messy and generic trap pop like ready for it and i did something bad?

I love Taylor Swift to pieces but reputation is a big NO from me.

It's so sad that her producers chose to do something so commercial leaning instead of something that had many sparks of creativity like 1989?

Gosh, couldn't her producers find more creative ways to do "dark pop?

80s darkwave synthpop, pop rock with elements of grunge. I could go on.

Sorry lads, an unpopular opinion but i don't like the album. If you do like it then fair enough, music is subjective after all. But on the other hand, it didn't resonate with me.

6 hours ago, johnny1248 said:

The least said about the album the better if i'm being honest.

By FAR her worst record.

Half the time it's garbage (look what you made me do, i did something bad, end game, so it goes, ready for it and this is why we can't have nice things) and half the time it's really good (Delicate, Getaway car, New Year's Day, Dancing With Our Hands Tied, Don't Blame Me, Dress and King Of My Heart)

While the album is solid from a songwriting standpoint and i do feel like Taylor is being satirical on the 1st half of the album but the appalling production choices ruin any chance of the songs being good.

Gosh, who the hell told Taylor that following the trend of generic trap pop and doing rap would be a gold idea?

How did Jack Antonoff go from producing many masterpieces from 1989 and Melodrama (Out Of The Woods, Liability and Perfect Places) to something Look What You Made Me Do and This Is Why Can't Have Nice Things?

Same applies for Max Martin where he produced so many good songs from 1989 (blank space, style) to something so basic, messy and generic trap pop like ready for it and i did something bad?

I love Taylor Swift to pieces but reputation is a big NO from me.

It's so sad that her producers chose to do something so commercial leaning instead of something that had many sparks of creativity like 1989?

Gosh, couldn't her producers find more creative ways to do "dark pop?

80s darkwave synthpop, pop rock with elements of grunge. I could go on.

Sorry lads, an unpopular opinion but i don't like the album. If you do like it then fair enough, music is subjective after all. But on the other hand, it didn't resonate with me.

Don't Blame Me, Delicate, Dancing With Our Hands Tied, This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things, Look What You Made Me Do, ...Ready For It?, I Did Something Bad and Getaway Car are very experimental. I have to agree that songs like End Game and So It Goes... sound pretty generic but it was just something different from Taylor and a lot of fans liked the new directionjj2 I also agree with you that it could be better. I would rather have an album with 18 tracks like Red without fillers. However, I would say Reputation fits well as a whole, in contradiction to Fearless and Red

When this album came out, I was really surprised. It was such a different thing from Taylor and from today on it's extremely underrated by the localsanna1 I already stanned Look What You Made Me Do, even though it had to grow on me. The revenge vocals, brilliant lyrics and awesome music video really did it for me. ...Ready For It? sounds a bit contradictorary (dark couplets, light chorus) but it was nice. Didn't need a music video in my opinion based on the viewsari4 Gorgeous was a fun song but I wouldn't disagree with people calling it a filler on the album. However, the meaning of the song made it clear it had to be on the albumhottie1 Call It What You Want is a beautiful, soft song but it didn't have to be a promotional single because it destroyed the erajj3 End Game was meh to me but it could be a decent hit (especially in the US) if people knew it existedjj1brit6 I Did Something Bad immediately smashed to me but now it's too late to release itcheryl1 Don't Blame Me was extremely overrated to me the first months but in May tour came and I suddenly loved itcarla1 Delicate was also meh but the music video helped it become an amazing longevity smashgaga11 Now I stan it as wellmad1 So It Goes... is a real filler to meari9 Getaway Car was and is a good song but it sounds a bit sad.. King Of My Heart is a nice song and it could be one of the last singles if the era had more singles. Dancing With Our Hands Tied is really something elseari3 Dress is meh to me, New Years Day is okay sonically

When I heard Reputation:

...Ready For It?: B-

End Game: C-

I Did Something Bad: B+

Don't Blame Me: D+

Delicate: C-

Look What You Made Me Do: A++++

So It Goes...: C-

Gorgeous: B-

Getaway Car: B

Dancing With Our Hands Tied: B+

Dress: C-