Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ajp

Kylie Minogue | Step Back In Time, The Definitive Collection | June 28, 2019

46 minutes ago, ajp said:

It’s counting my 2012 purchase of Timebomb as a pre-purchase for the Collection. kylie4

v3d9vn.jpg

They sourced the tracks from other digital releases it looks like fall8

5 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

They sourced the tracks from other digital releases it looks like fall8

4 minutes ago, Light Years said:

Frugal queen dead7

That means, no remastering fall8

7 minutes ago, Light Years said:

Frugal queen dead7

The only reason not to release the digital album tomorrow is so she can maximize ha chart positions dead7

2 minutes ago, ajp said:

That means, no remastering fall8

No words fall8

2 minutes ago, Light Years said:

For the better sia1

But it's funny my suspicions lead me to the lie. From the friend of a so called friend - I heard about your double life sia1

6 hours ago, Domy said:

someone in her team really hates LGTI.. i mean all 4 ROL singles but no WIO or finer feelings? a choice, especially when Where the stale roses grow is taking up precious space ari9 shyte tracklist ari9

Its her herself - Its the same reason theres no KMO as she does not like the albums

Tho I am pretty sure she likes Finer Feelings - The LGTI representation will always be GMJALMT because it was the biggest hit of the era - Its too bad

IP gets one song also because she sees it as a flop despite her not hating that one

2 hours ago, Aidan. said:

Its her herself - Its the same reason theres no KMO as she does not like the albums

Tho I am pretty sure she likes Finer Feelings - The LGTI representation will always be GMJALMT because it was the biggest hit of the era - Its too bad

IP gets one song also because she sees it as a flop despite her not hating that one

i doubt it’s about her preference, it’s about which songs were performed on tour and probably which gained the most success after their initial run, which is why YDNY is here

Kylie owns all the rights to anything pre-Parlophone and after. So, for those eras she’s picking songs that were successful which is why she bought them, right? 

As for the Parlophone stuff, she would have to negotiate the rights for every single song with them. Only the stuff she wants is what she negotiated - 19 tracks and nothing more. Why give Parlophone money for KMO tracks that they probably wanted on the album and flopped. It’s called “pay-back”.

1 hour ago, Domy said:

i doubt it’s about her preference, it’s about which songs were performed on tour and probably which gained the most success after their initial run, which is why YDNY is here

I think theres a certain unwritten algorithm

This release has a few songs she has not done in ages or rarely does but she knows the super fans like - And in fact a couple that were actually quite the flop (Example - What Kind Of Fool)

Then it has all the biggest classics and more

In my opinion - The LGTI era could have also been excluded in its entirety because despite GMJALMT being a hit at the time and selling well she has never revisited it (In fact she only did it in a live setting while the single was promoted in 1992 and not even on the LGTI tour - And it was done impromptu at one of the Anti Tour dates)

If you ask me I think Finer Feelings is the only kind of remembered single from that era on a general scale - As she has revisited it a couple times (I mean it was even re-recorded for TARS - I think it could have been here over GMJALMT if they wanted to represent the LGTI era - But that era overall is rather unremarkable and could have been excluded instead of giving us GMJALMT yet again)

I think this release has really aimed to include the biggest hits and what were hits at the time along with fan faves

22 minutes ago, ajp said:

Kylie owns all the rights to anything pre-Parlophone and after. So, for those eras she’s picking songs that were successful which is why she bought them, right? 

As for the Parlophone stuff, she would have to negotiate the rights for every single song with them. Only the stuff she wants is what she negotiated - 19 tracks and nothing more. Why give Parlophone money for KMO tracks that they probably wanted on the album and flopped. It’s called “pay-back”.

I dont think she owns IP yet actually - Theres been a whole debate about that and the rights to it and it seems to be in limbo (No pun intended)

1 hour ago, Aidan. said:

I dont think she owns IP yet actually - Theres been a whole debate about that and the rights to it and it seems to be in limbo (No pun intended)

I think this GH means the deal was done...but I will do some snooping and get back. brit13

18 minutes ago, ajp said:

I think this GH means the deal was done...but I will do some snooping and get back. brit13

If she does own it now she needs to give the gays what they need and issue the vinyl

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.