Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ajp

Kylie Minogue | Step Back In Time, The Definitive Collection | June 28, 2019

here are my thoughts on it all

as i said to aidan on twitter, this is the messiest release campaign i've ever seen from her. the most basic release, basic packaging design, they could have done so much more with this like revamping all the songs or at the VERY LEAST remastering everything

and yet they STILL manage to fuck it up badly, with mismatched metadata and cloud-matching the songs (given PYIMP being the live version on streaming) dead2 

it's such a shame since the cover art is gorgeous. i wouldn't have been this mad if this wasn't continually hyped up by her team as if it wasn't a cash grab, in reality this could have been so much more. i have the mint green vinyl on the way as a bday present, which i'm still excited for, having some of those songs on vinyl for the first time. i'm not mad at kylie, just her extremely lazy team.

24 minutes ago, Golden said:

as i said to aidan on twitter, this is the messiest release campaign i've ever seen from her. the most basic release, basic packaging design, they could have done so much more with this like revamping all the songs or at the VERY LEAST remastering everything!

and they STILL manage to fuck it up badly, with mismatched metadata and cloud-matching the songs (given PYIMP being the live version on streaming) dead2 it's such a shame since the cover art is gorgeous. this could have been so much more. i'm not mad at kylie, just her extremely lazy team.

The messiness with the tracks is absolutely unacceptable dead2 If the tracks are messed up in any way on the CD or vinyl I might scream dead2

2 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

The messiness with the tracks is absolutely unacceptable dead2 If the tracks are messed up in any way on the CD or vinyl I might scream dead2

Same here. I'll be emailing people and demanding fixed copies for everybody if, god forbid, they're messed up. I didn't pay $64.99 for lazy pressing, and I'm sure nobody else did either.

5 minutes ago, Golden said:

Same here. I'll be emailing people and demanding fixed copies for everybody if, god forbid, they're messed up. I didn't pay $64.99 for lazy pressing, and I'm sure nobody else did either.

Whoever did the arranging for the digital editions deserves a *Kylie voice* smacked bottom

Also some of the vinyl song selections are honestly weird - It should be her biggest and most played live hits whereas a couple selections seem random tbh

The running order is also strange and not to mention theres space for one more song each side

This would be what I would have done

LP1 Side A

1. Can't Get You Out Of My Head

2. Spinning Around

3. Love At First Sight

4. Dancing

5. In Your Eyes

6. Slow

LP1 Side B

7. All The Lovers

8. I Believe In You

9. In My Arms