Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

ASIB flops outside of US

We were making fun of this article on a box office forum I frequent, especially since one of the admins contributed to it lol.

Probably one of the worst takes and hugest reaches this year.

The film has already made TEN TIMES ITS BUDGET, and nearly half of that is outside the US.

thank u, next lmfao1

It actually did fantastic numbers internationally considering it’s such an American centric film. It does feel like a non event WW but only if you compare it to Venom / Bohemian Rhapsody which actually shocked me with how well they are doing. Esp. Venom, like omg who would have thought it would pass Wonder Womanbrit3

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

It actually did fantastic numbers internationally considering it’s such an American centric film. It does feel like a non event WW but only if you compare it to Venom / Bohemian Rhapsody which actually shocked me with how well they are doing. Esp. Venom, like omg who would have thought it would pass Wonder Womanbrit3

I don't think Venom is going to get within 100m of WW's 821m but it has done spectacularly well regardless.

EDIT: I just realized you probably mean Venom's international numbers only. China really helped it's intl numbers explode. I'm so happy for my man. :) 

For comparisons sake, Crazy Rich Asians, another very American-centric (don't be fooled, this wasn't made for anyone but American audiences) romance flick released this year, made 174m in the US and 62m everywhere else. Most Hollywood produced romance or romantic comedies do NOTHING overseas unless it's starring a proven global lead who can open a film on their name alone. The fact that this is going to make 200m+ from international territories and also become the highest grossing non-action, non-kid film of the year makes it a resounding mega success for all involved, any way you choose to slice it. Not to mention its rated R. 

39 minutes ago, Merryem said:

the fact that @Infrared SNAPPED like this lmfao2 the OGHs can not catch a fucking break. never forget that ASIB reached #1 in the UK both SONG MOVIE AND ALBUM, when fossil heart couldn’t even beat sam smith’s 3rd week sales in its debut week lmfao2 

Didn't Fossil Heart outsell Dead Aunt in Europe? chi1 Let's see how Gaga's 16th album will perform, lol. Why are you flaunting UK receipts against Madonna when TIC each all possible female record there for more than 2 decades until Adele came along? chi1

26 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Didn't Fossil Heart outsell Dead Aunt in Europe? chi1 Let's see how Gaga's 16th album will perform, lol. Why are you flaunting UK receipts against Madonna when TIC each all possible female record there for more than 2 decades until Adele came along? chi1

“LeT’S SeE hOw GaGa’S 16tH aLbUM pErFOrMS”

We WILL see, but this isn’t about the future this is about her acclaim and success NOW. 

And right NOW, “A Star is Born” is Flourishing well, sweetie!

22 minutes ago, Jjang said:

i dont care about madonna receipts that happened before i was born sorry. all i know is the FACTS: rebel heart #2, a star is born #1

6 minutes ago, Kyoteki said:

“LeT’S SeE hOw GaGa’S 16tH aLbUM pErFOrMS”

We WILL see, but this isn’t about the future this is about her acclaim and success NOW. 

And right NOW A Star is Born is Flourishing well. 

6 minutes ago, Merryem said:

i dont care about madonna receipts that happened before i was born sorry. all i know is the FACTS: rebel heart #2, a star is born #1

Well here's a fact for you then : Gaga is still 200 million albums behind Madonna. kylie11

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.