Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

P.O.P

So...are we gonna pretend that Caution is good?

Just now, Nosleep said:

It also doesn't mean she was forced to sing ballads. Which is what you said. 

She was forced. She didn't want the image they had for her. She didn't want to be a ballad queen. She has said this many times. So go tell her liar to her face if you don't like it.

Just now, light741 said:

She was forced. She didn't want the image they had for her. She didn't want to be a ballad queen. She has said this many times. So go tell her liar to her face if you don't like it.

But she wasn't a ballad queen. Her albums and singles always included a mix of AC ballads and pop/rnb influenced songs. Also I thought she was the main creative force behind her work? And she continued to write and release ballads after she left Sony. Who forced her to cover Against all odds in 1999? So regardless of whether or not she said that it doesn't make a lot of sense. 

1 minute ago, Nosleep said:

But she wasn't a ballad queen. Her albums and singles always included a mix of AC ballads and pop/rnb influenced songs. Also I thought she was the main creative force behind her work? And she continued to write and release ballads after she left Sony. Who forced her to cover Against all odds in 1999? So regardless of whether or not she said that it doesn't make a lot of sense. 

Well she felt she was too AC. She did less ballads compared to early 90s. She didn't have as much control over her material in the early 90s, compared to later in her career.I thought you knew. Are you even a fan? You are not aware of so many things.

Caution starts off on a strong note but loses steam after Giving me Life. 

One More Gen, 8th Grade, Stay long love you and Portrait are just kind of there. The second part of the album really needed a couple of stronger songs.

I don't use A No No, hate it and I don't think any remix will make much of an impression. 

GTFO deserved more. 

11 minutes ago, light741 said:

Well she felt she was too AC. She did less ballads compared to early 90s. She didn't have as much control over her material in the early 90s, compared to later in her career.I thought you knew. Are you even a fan? You are not aware of so many things.

Well you see one thing that makes no sense is that Mariah has said she preferred the demo version of Vanishing. Yet on the album she is listed as sole producer of the song. So if that is true wouldn't see have been calling the shots there on how it sounded ? The only people involved in that record were her and Ben, so who exactly forced her to make it more polished ? 

Just now, Nosleep said:

Well you see one thing that makes no sense is that Mariah has said she preferred the demo version of Vanishing. Yet on the album she is listed as sole producer of the song. So if that is true wouldn't see have been calling the shots there on how it sounded ? The only people involved in that record were her and Ben, so who exactly forced her to make it more polished ? 

Tommy.

Anyway, you are completely off topic now. I won't argue any further.

11 hours ago, light741 said:

It is not the same song. I like it a lot. It's not like other ballad queens where you feel they have sang the same ballad their whole career.

You began the off topic discussion with this statement. I had been talking about Portrait. 

1 hour ago, Nosleep said:

I really don't believe she was forced to do anything. Mariah had VOL, Vanishing, Alone in Love, Someday on her demo. Please dont act as if she came to Sony with a tape full of hip hop demos and was forced to sing ballads at gunpoint. 

That's true.

3 hours ago, light741 said:

She owns xmas with her xmas music. 

The GP doesn't even know she released a new album. She has done 0 promo outside the us.

Sales don't mean quality. Music Box is her biggest seller. Yet most critics and fans hate it. So again, to each their own.

She was forced to be a nice girl next door singing ballads in the early 90s. She did create great ballads. But she never wanted to be ballad queen full time like her label wanted back in the arly 90s.

Now this is a complete and utter lie. 

2 minutes ago, light741 said:

Outside the us is very much true.

It isn't. Do you really think if she had sung With You on a talk show in Germany that it would have made any difference to her sales ? It has nothing to do with promo, the interest is just not there. The album was advertised all over the internet, and that is universal promo. It is not confined to the US. 

It isn't. Do you really think if she had sung With You on a talk show in Germany that it would have made any difference to her sales ? It has nothing to do with promo, the interest is just not there. The album was advertised all over the internet, and that is universal promo. It is not confined to the US. 

We will never know. Promo would have helped a bit. Promo never killed anybody and she should do it.

6 minutes ago, light741 said:

We will never know. Promo would have helped a bit. Promo never killed anybody and she should do it.

She sung With you on the AMA's and GMA. Did it make any difference to it's chart performance in the US? No. Despite all the promo in the US the only people who bought the album were the core fanbase. The numbers show that no one from the GP bothered to buy it or stream it. Without the three preorders, ticket bundle and merchandise bundles the numbers would have been a lot worse. I mean she was giving the album away with a hoodie ! The promo did nothing for her. 

She sung With you on the AMA's and GMA. Did it make any difference to it's chart performance in the US? No. Despite all the promo in the US the only people who bought the album were the core fanbase. The numbers show that no one from the GP bothered to buy it or stream it. Without the three preorders, ticket bundle and merchandise bundles the numbers would have been a lot worse. I mean she was giving the album away with a hoodie ! The promo did nothing for her. 

And? She still should do promo outside the us. That is also part of a proper era.

She knew there was no point. She will make far more off the Christmas shows. 

And? She is a household name worldwide, and should promote her new material so at least the fans can have a proper era with some performances and interviews overseas. She can afford it.

14 minutes ago, light741 said:

And? She is a household name worldwide, and should promote her new material so at least the fans can have a proper era with some performances and interviews overseas. She can afford it.

The album sold about 2000 copies in the UK. Why would she bother flying over. A performance on Lorraine would not have made the slightest bit of difference !

She is struggling to sell tickets for the Caution shows in the US, they are already being discounted. 

Why are ya'll pretending it isn't good? um2 

23 hours ago, Nosleep said:

Caution has some great songs, but overall its been overrated by some fans. People calling it her best album ever are kinda overrating it. 

It's her most concise since Emancipation. At least in my opinion. And I'm 80% a 90s Mariah person. 

3 minutes ago, Nosleep said:

The album sold about 2000 copies in the UK. Why would she bother flying over. A performance on Lorraine would not have made the slightest bit of difference !

She is struggling to sell tickets for the Caution shows in the US, they are already being discounted. 

It sold more than 3K.

Her tour is 70% sold out. 

I don't know what does any of this got to do with my opinion that she should have done promo overseas.

1 hour ago, light741 said:

Not to get too OT but she literally wrote them. Let's not sit here and pretend the music she wrote in the 90s was so forced upon her. It was literally just Hero. 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.