Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Shego

Will M14 do better than Rebel Heart?

What do you think? mad8

I think she will get the same amount of physical sales as Rebel Heart did, but now her streaming power is way bigger than 2015. I also think she will promote it a lot, she's been on the studio for a whole year, you can see she really cares about this era. Let's hope it won't get leaked, something i'm pretty sure will happen the next months.

lol3

9 minutes ago, Lord Stoneheart said:

somehow i doubt it'll do better. If it makes the same numbers I'd be shocked because sales are dead and she's not really a mainstream streaming act.

She still have a royal fanbase that buys physical copies + stream her music. Idk why i'm so optmistic but I don't think it will end up having a big sales difference from Rebel Heart. mad5 Maybe cause I have a feeling she will deliver good music this time. mad5

yeah as long as it doesn't leak, I think it will perform way better. Also, the rebel heart album was kinda messy with its 3 formats. Too many songs and it felt like it was two albums forced into one. Anyway, conceptually speaking M14 will overshadow all the other albums as usual. Can't wait for the groundbreaking looks and controversy that will obviously come with it. giveup3

yes and no.

I think it’ll do alright for the times, it’ll pull a number in that looks good for the sales climate that we live in. 

Do I think it’ll do good in the sense of a traditional Madonna album? 

Not in the slightest? But I don’t think that’ll be her fault. 

I really want to say yes cry3 because I have so much hope for this era (even as I actively suppress my doubts every other time she posts on Insta tbh mad5).  But I’m not expecting it to perform better—just because three more years have gone by and every music stat in the game shows how bleak the prospects are, let alone for someone her age who the gp has enjoyed mocking several times lately.

However, legit RH’s performance still leaves me shaking. It’s nothing to her prior eras, of course, but that she sold as much as she did, released three great videos, had some great promotional performances, and put together a well-received tour DESPITE the album leaking repeatedly, DESPITE being excoriated for her social media faux pas with the RH wire face posts, and DESPITE all the pent-up hate and disdain of 30+ years of a sexist gp/industry crowing at her fall at the BRITs is fucking amazing.

Even if her next era underperforms, though, she’s never failed to prove naysayers wrong. And honestly the best way for her to do that is with a dynamite album—not numbers. 

She’s 60 and the industry is massively sexist and ageist these days, so I highly doubt it. Plus, if it is experimental and not groubable in the same category as MDNA/RH that will hinder its commercial success since mostly easily relatable/accessible music does well on the charts.

She could definitely see more success worldwide though if she promotes outside the US and has a sound that resonates well with Europe and other places where she’s bigger than she has been in the US for a while. Other countries are more accepting to experimental work as we’ve seen from her past albums’ performances oprah14 

On 11/21/2018 at 2:53 AM, Taylor said:

She’s 60 and the industry is massively sexist and ageist these days, so I highly doubt it. Plus, if it is experimental and not groubable in the same category as MDNA/RH that will hinder its commercial success since mostly easily relatable/accessible music does well on the charts.

I honestly feel like in her case it will work in her favor. I think people would rather pay or at least listen to an album that has Madonna’s stamp of experimentation on it than an album where she’s trying to sound relevant. The potential critical success alone if she does it might be extremely beneficial for her credibility.    

On 11/19/2018 at 7:26 PM, Rebel Bitch said:

She will flop and that is ok...I just want GOOD music again. aura1

This.

Delivering good music is the most important thing and I hope it will get critical acclaim. However, I think even if she delivers  a great album that deserves praise, there will be negative reviews just because they hate Madonna.

I really can't say what is good or bad to critics anymore. They drag a basic album by a basic artist, then later they praise a basic album by a basic artist.

Rebel Heart was one of the most illegally downloaded albums of 2015 with over 20 million illegal downloads. This was a good indicator that people are still interested in Madonna.

I hope her next era will be a success too. A top 10 WW hit single at least would be great.

On 11/21/2018 at 1:53 AM, Taylor said:

She could definitely see more success worldwide though if she promotes outside the US and has a sound that resonates well with Europe and other places where she’s bigger than she has been in the US for a while. Other countries are more accepting to experimental work as we’ve seen from her past albums’ performances oprah14 

10 hours ago, Jjang said:

I honestly feel like in her case it will work in her favor. I think people would rather pay or at least listen to an album that has Madonna’s stamp of experimentation on it than an album where she’s trying to sound relevant. The potential critical success alone if she does it might be extremely beneficial for her credibility.    

Maybe I am wrong, but I think older artists had bigger chances to slay charts in the past. Internet and steaming really changed everything. Not in a good way.

In the past there was so much diversity on charts. Now, official charts are all about the most commercial music. In the 90s, basic music ruled too, but acts like Nirvana could have had a hit song. There was a balance between genres, which can't be said for modern charts. 

Also, younger consumers, especially teens, are shaping the charts. In the past, a certain artist like Selena Gomez would have been lucky to have a solid hit song before exiting music industry, while now that kind of artists keep staying in business "thanks" to those teens.

If Madonna pays attention to every detail (interesting videos, looks, photosessions, performances, tours, scandals...), it could make her new era more interesting and successful. She definitely should focus more on the rest of the world than USA. Having no.1 single in European countries and South America is more realistic than in the USA.

1 hour ago, Nocturn said:

Rebel Heart was one of the most illegally downloaded albums of 2015 with over 20 million illegal downloads. This was a good indicator that people are still interested in Madonna.

I hope her next era will be a success too. A top 10 WW hit single at least would be great.

What? orly1 Is this confirmed by a reliable source? 20m downloads but not that good at streaming? Sound weird.

36 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

If Madonna pays attention to every detail (interesting videos, looks, photosessions, performances, tours, scandals...), it could make her new era more interesting and successful. She definitely should focus more on the rest of the world than USA. Having no.1 single in European countries and South America is more realistic than in the USA.

This will make things worse. We are in 2018, the internet era, people are still making fun/hating of her for all the backalashes she had this decade (Drake kiss, White House comment, the bj comment, her IG messy posts etc). There's no way to not see people on twitter and youtube still mentioning her White House comment. Even when you talk about her music, people would still bring her WH at the conversation, especially Americans. The society is THAT tragic now.

lol3

And also, this is happening because US is ageist too. No one talks about Ariana's "I hate America. That is disgusting" comment, but Madonna's WH comment still a thing. This country, I-

jj4

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.