Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

BreatheeOnKnee

Thank u, next still not a solo success tho

not when the only reason it blew up is cause it's about her (VERY) recent breakup and mac's death, so ya'll can stop pretending the good sis pulled a #1 out her ass towards the end of this era when she failed to do that for all of her previous leads. We all know that fueled this song to be massively streamed (And it will probably be out of the top 20 by christmas) oprah11

32 minutes ago, Jjang said:

It did give it buzz, but that also means that people are paying attention to her, which illustrates her star power. If Katy had made a song listing all of her exes, it wouldn't even hit top 20. And I'm being generous, so no, you can't use this as shade because it actually compliments her power. moo8

That's not a fair comparison, Taylor is a better comparison since half her appeal is her talking about her celeb ex's oprah11

1 minute ago, ShutUpRae said:

That's not a fair comparison, Taylor is a better comparison since half her appeal is her talking about her celeb ex's oprah11

But again, if it weren't for her massive star power... it wouldn't work. I'm sure the good sis didn't just come from the 2nd biggest female tour of all time because she broke up with Joe Jonas. kylie11

Just now, ShutUpRae said:

Like you're in place to talk moo3

I am very much in a place. If Gaga or Mariah had a WW #1 smash hit I wouldn't have a chance to deny it and just deal with it. ari9 Luckily, that is not the case.

Just now, Jjang said:

But again, if it weren't for her massive star power... it wouldn't work. I'm sure the good sis didn't just come from the 2nd biggest female tour of all time because she broke up with Joe Jonas. kylie11

Not true and she kind of did though (plus the kanye controversy) blew her name up kylie11 Like how Selena used Justin to remain relevant, now where's selena without justin? kylie11

12 minutes ago, ShutUpRae said:

Not true and she kind of did though (plus the kanye controversy) blew her name up kylie11 

Blew her name up? Prior to that encounter she had a Diamond album under her belt. xtina3 There's a difference between tabloids buzz and established commercial status.

12 minutes ago, ShutUpRae said:

now where's selena without justin? kylie11

Currently on the #2 most played song WW. xtina3

And regardless - don't equate fucking Pete Davidson, some no1curr comedian on SNL to Justin Bieber, the most well known Pop star of our century. 

4 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Blew her name up? Prior to that encounter she had a Diamond album under her belt. xtina3 There's a difference between tabloids buzz and established commercial status.

Currently on the #2 most played song WW. xtina3

And regardless - don't equate fucking Pete Davidson, some no1curr comedian on SNL to Justin Bieber, the most well known Pop star of our century. 

Yeah but lbr no one outside of the country fanbase knew who taylor was before kanye ari9 

And you're being waaaaay too generous with that title for JB

1 minute ago, ShutUpRae said:

Yeah but lbr no one outside of the country fanbase knew who taylor was before kanye ari9 

And you're being waaaaay too generous with that title for JB

I feel like they knew - they just weren't interested in her Yee Haw music. Her first global album came in 2014. katy8

Doesn't matter, you got the point.

It's so funny that everyone keeps using this narrative that "thank u, next" is a smash just because of her exes. If that was the case, the song would've been flopping by now due to being the talk of the day and that's it, but see, the song's on its second week at #1 in the US and it's even Platinum too. To some extent that indeed was what made the song get exposure, but it's been two weeks sis, everyone's here for the song and Ariana. 

So sit your pressed ass down and pray that one of the girls in your stan badges gets even a Top 20, hell Top 80, because they'll clearly need it. With the exception of Britney because she's a legend

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.