Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

'Santa Tell Me' - A Christmas Classic?

Definitely! It doesn't seem like it cause it's still a relatively modern Christmas song, but all Christmas classics started out contemporary at first. The huge recurrent plays honestly speak for themselves tho jj2

14 minutes ago, Honeymoon said:

christmas and chill deserved this instead

still a bop tho, ari is the princess of christmas, mariah's the queen 

tea christmas & chill is that bitch, but it definitely does gain a bigger and bigger following each year, and I'm pretty sure Spotify added some of the songs to their pop Christmas playlist burn1

1 hour ago, The One Beyond All said:

They are both Madonna's copycats but go off. It is actually a honor to be compared to one of the best vocalist in history of music like Mariah. Ariana's legacy has just begun, enjoy the ride ny6

Actually she’s got about 2-3 years left if we are using the Britney/Xtina/Gaga/Katy standard pop star career timeline, and she was never as big as them and still isn’t so enjoy.rih4 

8 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Actually she’s got about 2-3 years left if we are using the Britney/Xtina/Gaga/Katy standard pop star career timeline, and she was never as big as them and still isn’t so enjoy.rih4 

lol Katy does not belong to that fad-list ny11 not all pop girls have a one-peak career aka Xtina/Britney/Gaga. rih4

20 minutes ago, Law said:

tea christmas & chill is that bitch, but it definitely does gain a bigger and bigger following each year, and I'm pretty sure Spotify added some of the songs to their pop Christmas playlist burn1

ugh we stan cry9

This thread is funny, nothing against Ariana as i do stan her. But to compare Santa Tell Me to AIWFCIY is just reaching a bit.

1 hour ago, Agugaga said:

At least Xtina and Britney carved their own legacies and won’t just be known as a copycat Mariah in a ponytail oprah14 

Xtina was compared to Mariah when she first came out. Surprising to me as stylistically they were never similar in any way.  

25 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Except Ariana's career didn't start with a bang like Britney/Christina/Gaga, it was more of a slow ascend to the A-list of pop, ala Rihanna who didn't get big till her third era. 

Shitty comparison. 

Ariana going for the slow rise is actually really good for the longevity of her career.

These days those who are massive in their first era flop in the second, are forgotten by their third and then dropped/independent by their fourth. 

1 minute ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Ariana going for the slow rise is actually really good for the longevity of her career.

These days those who are massive in their first era flop in the second, are forgotten by their third and then dropped/independent by their fourth. 

If they're lucky to even go to the second era, ex: meghan trainor and iggy

5 hours ago, harry said:

Except Ariana's career didn't start with a bang like Britney/Christina/Gaga, it was more of a slow ascend to the A-list of pop, ala Rihanna who didn't get big till her third era. 

Shitty comparison. 

But Rihanna had like 9 #1 hits in the bag before she accelerated above Gaga and Katy 5 years into her career. At this point even Ariana’s only #1 is weaker than Rihanna’s weakest #1.Nice try ny14 

6 hours ago, Agugaga said:

But Rihanna had like 9 #1 hits in the bag before she accelerated above Gaga and Katy 5 years into her career. At this point even Ariana’s only #1 is weaker than Rihanna’s weakest #1.Nice try ny14 

This is not Ariana's only #1 lol. It is her first US #1 that's all. Ariana's career is way more similar to Rihanna's than Gaga's or Britney/Xtina and as of today Ariana is more popular than Rihanna. Stop trying lol ny14

4 hours ago, The One Beyond All said:

This is not Ariana's only #1 lol. It is her first US #1 that's all. Ariana's career is way more similar to Rihanna's than Gaga's or Britney/Xtina and as of today Ariana is more popular than Rihanna. Stop trying lol ny14

Agu has this weird fetish with US Billboard Hot 100 #1's that narrows his mind and doesn't allow him to evaluate the greater picture. ari6

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.