Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WinnieIsFree

Michael and Mariah remembered timeless classic, Madonna none?

Michael and Mariah are the only artists I know who have timeless classics with name recognition that recharge yearly.

Mr. Jackson has the only Halloween anthem ever made aka Thriller, which is the most iconic song, album, choreography and music video of all time. If I asked someone on the street “Thriller” they would know I meant Michael.

Same with Mariah and AIWFC

But Madonna doesn’t have one? Immaculate Collection supposedly sells 4K weekly, but if I were to go up to a 20 year old on the street and say “Immaculate Collection” they would look at me confused , why?

Who's Brenda Lee? 

I really liked Madonna's first album it was really good, i heard she done albums after it but i've never listened to them, i heard they did well, good for her.

I also enjoy that iconic Cyndi Lauper hit Like A Virgin.

Whitney "The Voice" was so good she made two cover songs hers, I Will Always Love You and I'm Every Woman. 

Celine "Boring Ballad Legend" had the iconic skinny Titanic theme. 

Even Kyle Mahogany the "Non-Local Madonna counterpart" has the La La La Bop. 

Britney has Baby One More Time, it's copy+paste alternative Ops I did It Again and then the slayyyyage that's Toxic. 

Xtina "Sandpaper Voice Of A Generation" has Beautiful and Fall In Line.

Cher "Madonna's Biggest Stan" has Believe. #WhatTheFuckIsMDNA

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

That won't be the case when she's long dead, though.

Except it will seeing as how she makes sure she sings it every New Years, keeping it fresh in watchers heads that it’s her song.

plus she’s also a much bigger artist than any of the other Christmas carol singers 

1 hour ago, Rosé. said:

Do you know what people outside the US say when you bring up Mariah Carey? "Who the fuck is that?"

They seem to know Madonna and Michael though.

Dramatic. laughcry1 She ain't that local, sis. They know who she is. They might not be able to name more than one song, but she's still one of the biggest artists/celebrities around. They know who Mariah Carey is.

Anyway. Thriller is it's own beast. It pops back up on the charts here and again because it's the #1 classic and people of all creeds seem to like it. Mariah's Christmas album/AIWFCIY doesn't really count. It charts every year because Christmas happens every year laughcry1 

When you ask someone to name a song by Mariah, Whitney, Celine, etc, you'll probably get the same one answer. But with Madonna, you might get a variety of answers. She definitely has the memorable hits, it just depends on who you ask. 

1 hour ago, Rosé. said:

Do you know what people outside the US say when you bring up Mariah Carey? "Who the fuck is that?"

You are a liar

3 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Dramatic. laughcry1 She ain't that local, sis. They know who she is. They might not be able to name more than one song, but she's still one of the biggest artists/celebrities around. They know who Mariah Carey is.

Anyway. Thriller is it's own beast. It pops back up on the charts here and again because it's the #1 classic and people of all creeds seem to like it. Mariah's Christmas album/AIWFCIY doesn't really count. It charts every year because Christmas happens every year laughcry1 

When you ask someone to name a song by Mariah, Whitney, Celine, etc, you'll probably get the same one answer. But with Madonna, you might get a variety of answers. She definitely has the memorable hits, it just depends on who you ask. 

4 hours ago, Rosé. said:

They seem to know Madonna and Michael though.

Mariah has global hits under her belt.

OT: Based on sales, impact, streaming, etc Madonna has remembered classics too. Queen Of Pop, King Of Pop and Songbird Supreme are all legends and globally known artists with globally known songs. aretha1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.