Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

Which vocal supreme diva has the best ballads?

Which pop vocal diva has the best ballads?   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which pop vocal diva has the best ballads?

• Mariah Carey (Vision of Love, Love Takes Time, Without You, Hero,, One Sweet Day, My All, Thank God I Found You)
    • Whitney Houston (The Greatest Love of All, Saving All My Love For You Where Do Broken Hearts Go, I Will Always Love You, I Have Nothing, etc.)
    • Celine Dion (My Heart Will Go On, Because You Loved Me, It's All Coming Back To Me Now, The Power of Love, her whole discography)
    • Christina Aguilera (Reflection, I Turn To You, Beautiful, The Voice Within, Hurt, You Lost Me,)

43 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Mariah: I'd probably vote for her on the basis that she writes all of hers (excluding covers) and the lyrical content in them is outstanding.

In terms of quality too Mariah's ballads have always been on top, songs like Anytime You Need a Friend, Looking In, Outside, Petals, Languishing, even on Caution with Portrait. I think this is where she has the advantage over the other girls, artistically Mariah has always been above. Hero is easily her most known ballad, while i have respect for the song - i'm not a huge fan. Thank God I Found You is also "rancidity at it's peak". 

Tea except for TGIFY shade tina1 

Both Mariah and Whitney have stellar ballads. I mean they both have know-hows when it comes to ballads. They mastered the art of singing ballads. They know which syllable to coo, which to belt and Mariah knows which to whistle.

Apart from technical issues, Mariah has written most personal ballads that portray vulnerability.  

56 minutes ago, Moonflower said:

Y'all saying Whitney's music sounding the same are being clearly ignorant when the same could be said for each of the others at some point. Check yourselves. 

ari1

I wasn't saying all her music sounds the same. I was just agreeing that The Greatest Love Of All & Saving All My Love For You do sound somewhat similar. Just like how with Mariah Dreamlover and Heartbreaker sound similar. 

On 11/29/2018 at 2:59 AM, Vesper said:

The attempt to shade Mariah... lol3 

Mariah’s ballads reign supreme. Sorry lol3 

I really didn't shade Mariah tho? All I said was her ballads aren't my fave, meanwhile I enjoy her mid-up tempos more. rav2    

On 11/30/2018 at 7:16 AM, I Brings That Levity said:

ari1

I wasn't saying all her music sounds the same. I was just agreeing that The Greatest Love Of All & Saving All My Love For You do sound somewhat similar. Just like how with Mariah Dreamlover and Heartbreaker sound similar. 

Honestly I can't tell at all which Whitney 80s ballads belonged on which album. "The Greatest Love of All" sounds like it could've gone on her debut or her second album. And so do all the other ones. 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.