Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Kyoteki

Poppy was apparently bullied by Grimes.

Am I A Girl?, the follow-up to last year’s Poppy.Computer, is a byproduct of her California life. Poppy originally wrote and recorded material in Japan, but after arriving back in L.A., she hit the studio with a wide range of producers, from rising EDM stars like Vaughn Oliver, Wax Motif and Aryay to pop heavyweights like Diplo and Ferdinand Garibay. “We just experimented with sounds,” she says of the latter, best known for his work with Lady Gaga and Kylie Minogue. “He asked me who I was listening to and who I would like to triangulate. A lot of the music that I was listening to was very '80s synth-driven but also industrial. We played a lot with industrial-sounding drums, fusing them together and creating this poppy, future-esque, fashion, dance and nu-metal album.”

She also worked with Grimes on “Play Destroy,” which she says is one of her favorite songs on the record despite a behind-the-scenes process she “could have gone without.”

“I was kind of bullied into submission by [Grimes] and her team of self-proclaimed feminists,” she says. “We planned the song coming out months ago, and she was preventing it. I got to watch her bully songwriters into signing NDA and not taking credit for songs that they were a part of. She doesn't practice what she preaches. It's really upsetting to work with a female that is very outward about a topic, but behind closed doors, it's the complete opposite. It's actually very disheartening to people that are actually feminists and supporters of other females.” (Billboard reached out to Grimes’ representatives for comment.)

Source:  https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/8486971/poppy-grimes-am-i-a-girl-interview-tour

I mean, you can tell something went down between them.

Also, Poppy stated in the interview that her next album is going to be Nu metal which will be. . . awkward because it seems Grimes is heading into that direction.

I mean, when Poppy and Titanic directly bullied and/or harrassed Grimes, Mars Argo, Nicole Dollanganger, Melanie Martinez and stole their work from smaller artists...

It's reasonable that Grimes would want to strike Poppy the fuck out of We Appreciate Power and get someone else to feature on it, as well as unfollow Poppy and follow Mars.

8 minutes ago, A L E X said:

I mean, when Poppy and Titanic directly bullied and/or harrassed Grimes, Mars Argo, Nicole Dollanganger, Melanie Martinez and stole their work from smaller artists...

It's reasonable that Grimes would want to strike Poppy the fuck out of We Appreciate Power and get someone else to feature on it, as well as unfollow Poppy and follow Mars.

That Titanic/Poppy and Mars case fell through though. So I don’t see whatever Mars said as true. 

these are hollow and, quite frankly, ironic accusations coming from someone with a known history of abuse/bullying sorry1 I don't even like Grimes anymore but these are clearly baseless accusations to undermine her character and slander her name! thank u, next!

3 minutes ago, Kyoteki said:

That Titanic/Poppy and Mars case fell through though. So I don’t see whatever Mars said as true. 

Isn’t it weird though that it’s almost the same scenario? Very few things like these happens twice jj4

Just now, Hunty Bear said:

these are hollow and, quite frankly, ironic accusations coming from someone with a known history of abuse/bullying sorry1 I don't even like Grimes anymore but these are clearly baseless accusations to undermine her character and slander her name! thank u, next!

Oomf snapped a bit

3 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Isn’t it weird though that it’s almost the same scenario? Very few things like these happens twice jj4

True jj4 

Idk. It's very weird.

Also, who's the fine ass guy in your set?

Just now, Urbanov said:

Oomf snapped a bit

it's very clear that she just fabricated a bunch of random, hollow, and loaded statements to slander her name...like the bit about feminism? I have to laughlmfao1plus Grimes would have no need to pressure songwriting into binding NDA agreements and I'm pretty sure that's not even a thing that artists, especially of her stature, do because then we'd probably find more big name artists like Beyonce or Mariah doing something of the sort awk1 ugh, I just really dislike Poppy I guess! Grimes is still a complete and utter mess though

Mars didn't lose the case. She CHOSE to settle rather than continue on from the several months of court dates. Mars not sticking around long enough for a win doesn't mean her case is invalid, when she included photo evidence of a smashed in window, photos of Titanic breaking wine glasses in her kitchen after breaking into her home, photos of Poppy wearing a coat that was stolen from her home, a screenshot of a disturbing drawing Titanic made of her mother on Instagram, the fact that there's receipts of Poppy and Titanic stealing Mars' Little Sunny Bite sponsorship, the fact that there's Facebook posts proving Poppy and Titanic started going to Mars' Japanese classes shortly after she was doing it (posted by the school with photos during those times), etc. Not to mention the whole 3:36 ARG based off of Mars' Everybody Wants it All, which you can't say was carried over due to Titanic's direction because he literally had no involvement in the making of that video, it was directed by Tony Katai.

Let alone the fact Poppy never gave proof any of those claims were wrong, but instead decided to accuse a likely innocent man of abusing her, just because of a rumor he was collaborating with Mars that literally I was the creator of. She hid the information in the court document she posted because it stated that the case was thrown out after the first hearing due to lack of evidence. Poppy accused a guy of abusing her while they dated, even though there's literally 0 evidence they even dated and the only pics of them together were because of Josh hanging out with Titanic. Not to mention Poppy and Titanic followed Josh through 2017 and unfollowed him when it was convenient.

44 minutes ago, Kyoteki said:

Also, Poppy stated in the interview that her next album is going to be Nu metal which will be. . . awkward because it seems Grimes is heading into that direction.

omh Nu Metal is my ALLEY fall3 

6 minutes ago, A L E X said:

Mars didn't lose the case. She CHOSE to settle rather than continue on from the several months of court dates. Mars not sticking around long enough for a win doesn't mean her case is invalid, when she included photo evidence of a smashed in window, photos of Titanic breaking wine glasses in her kitchen after breaking into her home, photos of Poppy wearing a coat that was stolen from her home, a screenshot of a disturbing drawing Titanic made of her mother on Instagram, the fact that there's receipts of Poppy and Titanic stealing Mars' Little Sunny Bite sponsorship, the fact that there's Facebook posts proving Poppy and Titanic started going to Mars' Japanese classes shortly after she was doing it (posted by the school with photos during those times), etc. Not to mention the whole 3:36 ARG based off of Mars' Everybody Wants it All, which you can't say was carried over due to Titanic's direction because he literally had no involvement in the making of that video, it was directed by Tony Katai.

Let alone the fact Poppy never gave proof any of those claims were wrong, but instead decided to accuse a likely innocent man of abusing her, just because of a rumor he was collaborating with Mars that literally I was the creator of. She hid the information in the court document she posted because it stated that the case was thrown out after the first hearing due to lack of evidence. Poppy accused a guy of abusing her while they dated, even though there's literally 0 evidence they even dated and the only pics of them together were because of Josh hanging out with Titanic. Not to mention Poppy and Titanic followed Josh through 2017 and unfollowed him when it was convenient.

Okay I get it sistren stop tugging the wig dead2 

16 minutes ago, Hunty Bear said:

it's very clear that she just fabricated a bunch of random, hollow, and loaded statements to slander her name...like the bit about feminism? I have to laughlmfao1plus Grimes would have no need to pressure songwriting into binding NDA agreements and I'm pretty sure that's not even a thing that artists, especially of her stature, do because then we'd probably find more big name artists like Beyonce or Mariah doing something of the sort awk1 ugh, I just really dislike Poppy I guess! Grimes is still a complete and utter mess though

All because Grimes replied “meh” on Twitter when asked about Play Destroy lmfao1 

Girl Like You, Hoodrich Disco, and Omaha. Not many. dead4 

Where are bops? ny8 

Still Sound? ny8 

New Beat? ny8 

Low Shoulders? ny8 

So Many Details? ny8 

Cake? ny8 

Talamak? ny8 

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply