Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WinnieIsFree

We are in Ariana’s peak but it’s still a lowkey non-event, why?

Girl  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Y’all hear sumn?

• She’s just not that girl that everyone says. Overrated, and she never really made a name for herself music wise. 14 year old fans only do so much, see BTS.
    • Social media and such, artists are overexposed and information is too readily available. Back in the day artists had to hop on a plane and do press tours, making them inherently global.
    • How is it a non event? VEVO record broken, Spotify record broken, multi week number one. Miss Grande is winning! Much bigger than any era EVER or song made by Christina Aguilera.

3 minutes ago, Winnie. said:

I guess Without You, One Sweet Day and Always Be My Baby also came out at the birth of YouTube rav2 

A time warping Chantuese rav2 

And what's your point? Christina has music videos that crossed the 100 million view mark that came out before Youtube too. rav2 

And on the subject of "Dirrty"...that video didn't even get uploaded on Youtube until 2011 because it was flagged. Otherwise it would have way more views by now. Try again. 

Just now, Agugaga said:

And what's your point? Christina has music videos that crossed the 100 million view mark that came out before Youtube too. rav2 

I’m talking daily views over 100k, which is a benchmark reserved for greats. All of xtinas are her collabs, does the sandwich cookie chair sitter not have any solo power? rav2 

Just now, Winnie. said:

I’m talking daily views over 100k, which is a benchmark reserved for greats. All of xtinas are her collabs, does the sandwich cookie chair sitter not have any solo power? rav2 

"Lady Marmalade" is on her Youtube channel tho and owned by her parent company label, thus her song. rav2 

Just now, Agugaga said:

"Lady Marmalade" is on her Youtube channel tho and owned by her parent company label, thus her song. rav2 

Pink, Lil Kim, Mya, and Missy Elliot rav2 

An attempt was made though, but her verse is the most iconic I’ll give you that rav2 

Just now, Winnie. said:

Pink, Lil Kim, Mya, and Missy Elliot rav2 

An attempt was made though, but her verse is the most iconic I’ll give you that rav2 

Point me to their iconic videos please. rav2 

3 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Point me to their iconic videos please. rav2 

Imagine coming for Missy’s videography rav2 

Work It, Get Yor Freak On, Gossip Girl, WTF, The Rain, She’s a Bitch

Pink So What, There you Go, Sober 

Lil Kim Crush on You

M Ya rav2 

Imagine coming for Missy’s videography rav2 

Work It, Get Yor Freak On, Gossip Girl, WTF, The Rain, She’s a Bitch

Pink So What, There you Go, Sober 

Lil Kim Crush on You

M Ya rav2 

Missy Elliot is not credit on "Lady Marmalade" tho. She's a producer. That's like me telling you Jermaine Dupri should be credited as a feature on "Always Be My Baby." 

Just now, Agugaga said:

Missy Elliot is not credit on "Lady Marmalade" tho. She's a producer. That's like me telling you Jermaine Dupri should be credited as a feature on "Always Be My Baby." 

Doesn’t detract from anything I said but ok rav3 

Just now, Agugaga said:

More iconic than anything Mariah has ever wore tbh. 

2003... Fake Tan on point. She literally looks like she was found at the side of the street in half of those. 

giphy.gif

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.