Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Bionic Monster

Madonna attempts to shade probable "Best Actress" nominee Lady Gaga

24 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Chill Nancy its just a hit musical. anna1 We’ve had Mamma Mia! / The Greatest Showman / La La Land / Bohemian Rhapsody / Le miserables and countless Disney musicals as of recent memory. Don’t act like ASIB is anything special in that realm. It’s a 5838545th remake of a film that was proven to be successful throughout fucking centuries. 

I mean, you yourself posted some negative Evita reviews in contrast of her winning a GG for an even bigger category. Don’t act like GG cancel bad reviews now smh. 

And yet ASIB is performing on par or better than most of these movies with a rated r rating and American centric plot. You do realize that by cutting off the kid demographic, you’re cutting off a large group of people who can’t take their kids to this movie. If it was pg-13, it’d be outperforming most of the films listed with less of a budget. It already dragged mamma Mia 2 and pitch perfect 3 anyway. 

Musicals featuring pop stars have been known to flop: Glitter, Crossroads or do lukewarm - Dreamgirls or Burlesque, so let’s stop trying to undermine its success. Should I bring up thousands of articles and posts on forums saying it’d flop, Gaga isn’t right for role, etc etc

Its outperforming in every metric 

golden globe nominations

Potential big four Grammy nomination (song if the year/record of the year)

Oscar nomination 

no other recent musical film has done that. None. Shallow is making year end lists, which is unheard of for a movie song. She won and fossils need to eat shit and stop comparing it to Disney movies that make a billion to make themselves feel better rip4 

4 minutes ago, Infrared said:

And yet ASIB is performing on par or better than most of these movies with a rated r rating and American centric plot. You do realize that by cutting off the kid demographic, you’re cutting off a large group of people who can’t take their kids to this movie. If it was pg-13, it’d be outperforming most of the films listed with less of a budget. It already dragged mamma Mia 2 and pitch perfect 3 anyway. 

Musicals featuring pop stars have been known to flop: Glitter, Crossroads or do lukewarm - Dreamgirls or Burlesque, so let’s stop trying to undermine its success. Should I bring up thousands of articles and posts on forums saying it’d flop, Gaga isn’t right for role, etc etc

golden globe nominations

Oscar nomination 

no other recent musical film has done that. None. Shallow is making year end lists, which is unheard of for a movie song. She won and fossils need to eat shit and stop comparing it to Disney movies that make a billion to make themselves feel better rip4 

I have never heard Shallow on the radio. At least my country isn’t here for her anymore. cry6 

Soundtrack songs not making year-end lists? Hahahahaha

My Heart Will Go On, I Will Always Love You, Take My Breath Away, I’ve Had the Time of My Life, I’ll Remember (by Madonna), Don’t Cry for Me Argentina (by Madonna...also a WW top 10 hit)

2 hours ago, Yzma said:

I have never heard Shallow on the radio. At least my country isn’t here for her anymore. cry6 

My Heart Will Go On, I Will Always Love You, Take My Breath Away, I’ve Had the Time of My Life, I’ll Remember (by Madonna), Don’t Cry for Me Argentina (by Madonna...also a WW top 10 hit)

OH wow thank you for comparing shallow to classics like my heart will go on and I will always love you clap3 

#1 in 16 countries and top ten in more. 

3 hours ago, Infrared said:

It's not even that bad, anyone can see the film in Australia, New Zealand, France, most of Canada (and the rest being 14+), Belgium, Italy etc... 

Argentina minimum age is 13, Germany 12, Sweden 7, Spain / Japan 12, Norway 9...

I would not be so sure about that, what kid would want to see A Star Is Born ? If anything, it's a cult classic that strikes familiar with most parents, the story is very well known and documented, why would they have a problem attending to watch it in theaters with their kids? And that actually helps the gross because you're basically buying a three for one ticket. Just like you guys make fun of the kids who ask their parents to buy and come with them to Katy Perry / Taylor Swift concerts. katy8 I don't think a PG-13 rating would have made such difference in this particular case, lol. 

In terms of adjusted gross, it only did 50% of Barbra's version in the U.S - we can all agree that this story resonates with American culture and was bound to be a major success there.

As for other territories, it did great but not as a good as other hit musicals :

A Star Is Born - $170m

VS.

Mamma Mia! - $472m

Bohemian Rhapsody - $400m 

La La Land - $295m

Les Misérables - $293m

The Greatest Showman - $260m

So like I said, in that realm, it's not an exceptional success!  

3 hours ago, Infrared said:

golden globe nominations

Oscar nomination 

I'm not undermining it's success, I'm calling it a massive win for Gaga's career, ffs. I'm just criticizing that way you guys obnoxiously come for Madonna once Gaga finally found a temporary path of dominance again when god, the universe and all creatures living on earth know that Madonna's career clocks Gaga's and there's no way of Gaga even getting close to that level because their 1st decade of career alone is a big enough of a gap to fill a lifetime. Period.

La La Land / The Greatest Shomwan and Mamma Mia! all had massive soundtracks, esp. the latter(s) come on... chi1 Musicals with Pop star accompanies usually have a big song that charts well (Listen, Don't Cry For Me Argentina etc) and we've seen that happen with smaller movies - so I attribute Shallow's success (which is great, btw! don't start twisting shit) to that fact.

20 minutes ago, Jjang said:

It's not even that bad, anyone can see the film in Australia, New Zealand, France, most of Canada (and the rest being 14+), Belgium, Italy etc... 

Argentina minimum age is 13, Germany 12, Sweden 7, Spain / Japan 12, Norway 9...

I would not be so sure about that, what kid would want to see A Star Is Born ? If anything, it's a cult classic that strikes familiar with most parents, the story is very well known and documented, why would they have a problem attending to watch it in theaters with their kids? And that actually helps the gross because you're basically buying a three for one ticket. Just like you guys make fun of the kids who ask their parents to buy and come with them to Katy Perry / Taylor Swift concerts. katy8 I don't think a PG-13 rating would have made such difference in this particular case, lol. 

In terms of adjusted gross, it only did 50% of Barbra's version in the U.S - we can all agree that this story resonates with American culture and was bound to be a major success there.

As for other territories, it did great but not as a good as other hit musicals :

A Star Is Born - $170m

VS.

Mamma Mia! - $472m

Bohemian Rhapsody - $400m 

La La Land - $295m

Les Misérables - $293m

The Greatest Showman - $260m

So like I said, in that realm, it's not an exceptional success!  

I'm not undermining it's success, I'm calling it a massive win for Gaga's career, ffs. I'm just criticizing that way you guys obnoxiously come for Madonna once Gaga finally found a temporary path of dominance again when god, the universe and all creatures living on earth know that Madonna's career clocks Gaga's and there's no way of Gaga even getting close to that level because their 1st decade of career alone is a big enough of a gap to fill a lifetime. Period.

La La Land / The Greatest Shomwan and Mamma Mia! all had massive soundtracks, esp. the latter(s) come on... chi1 Musicals with Pop star accompanies usually have a big song that charts well (Listen, Don't Cry For Me Argentina etc) and we've seen that happen with smaller movies - so I attribute Shallow's success (which is great, btw! don't start twisting shit) to that fact.

nobody cares lmfao2 Gaga just scored 5 fucking nominations. Bye now.

3 minutes ago, Infrared said:

nobody cares lmfao2 Gaga just scored 5 fucking nominations. Bye now.

Good for her, that's brilliant! :)

Still sold 200 million albums less than Madonna, her highest grossing tour only did 50% of Madonna's with x3 the amount of dates, she only has like 10% of Madonna's total #1's and and is placed like 867 positions behind Madonna on the most acclaimed artists of all time list. Know your place. 

3 hours ago, Jjang said:

with x3 the amount of dates

I love these little additions they give me life gaga7

Anyway, yeah, very predictable LM responses. They sure know how to turn a great event (Gaga redeeming haself, which is undeniable) into a lame "after years of stanning for a disappointing flop everyone makes fun of, we are now the most entitled fanbase 'cause look, we got nominations from the most ridiculous award show in Hollywood, yay!"  shitshowkylie10 You would've thought that rhetoric would've come after she won at the Atlanta Film Critics Circle, the National Board of Review Awards and the Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association recently, but no, they really get their game on when it's the fucking Globes, the award show even actors make fun of because it's so meaningless lana13 Showcasing their lack of talent in discerning what's a marker of talent once again. Oh well.

10 hours ago, Yzma said:

Is that why Shallow peaked at #10 on the charts (her highest entry since Applause), is #4 on iTunes 10 weeks after its release and is currently at #11 on the German airplay charts? ny5 

1 hour ago, Bionic Monster said:

Daily reminder that Shallow is a WW top 5 hit and Madonna is the "Worst Actress of the Century."

EDIT: Also she's working with Anitta? Wow @Jjang @Yzma you guys stan a homophobe, racist, AND pedophile.oprah6

This is the most deluded thing I've ever read lmfao1 

Worry about Gaga supporting child rapist R. Kelly lmfao1

THE ALTERNATIVE FACTS lmfao1

iDmGLHmOzcaJKtb-800x450-noPad.jpg?148438

1 hour ago, The One Beyond All said:

This is the most deluded thing I've ever read lmfao1 

Worry about Gaga supporting child rapist R. Kelly lmfao1

THE ALTERNATIVE FACTS lmfao1

iDmGLHmOzcaJKtb-800x450-noPad.jpg?148438

I would post Madonna's pedophilic fantasies that she wrote in the SEX book as a response to this but I'm literally too disgusted by it to even look it upaura1

23 minutes ago, Bionic Monster said:

I would post Madonna's pedophilic fantasies that she wrote in the SEX book as a response to this but I'm literally too disgusted by it to even look it upaura1

You mean the one she wrote in her fiction book as a mistress character?  The one you probably WISH was true so badly but isn't? awk1 pathetic and disgusting 🤧

49 minutes ago, Bionic Monster said:

THE IGNORANCE.

Madonna did not write pedophiles fantasies. Pedophile means attracted to children and children ARE HUMAN BEINGS BELOW PUBERTY STAGE.  Madonna fantasy is about a teenager boy of 15-16 yo. Children=/=teenagers!!! You disgusting claims bring shame to human kind. The SEX book was groundbreaking work of art. Racist pedophile Gaga cannot relate.aura1

23 minutes ago, tellemhone said:

You mean the one she wrote in her fiction book as a mistress character?  The one you probably WISH was true so badly but isn't? awk1 pathetic and disgusting 🤧

She literally said in interviews that it was a book about HER sexual fantasies.

2 minutes ago, The One Beyond All said:

THE IGNORANCE.

Madonna did not write pedophiles fantasies. Pedophile means attracted to children and children ARE HUMAN BEINGS BELOW PUBERTY STAGE. Madonna fantasy is about a teenager boy of 15-16 yo. You disgusting claims bring shame to human kind. The SEX book was groundbreaking work of art. Racist pedophile Gaga cannot relate.aura1

I'm not gonna be specific about the disgusting piece of shit she wrote, but the kid was definitely below 15. It sounded like he was closer to 13. Can a 13 year old consent to sex with an adult? Think very carefully about your answer!

1 minute ago, Bionic Monster said:

I'm not gonna be specific about the disgusting piece of shit she wrote, but the kid was definitely below 15. It sounded like he was closer to 13. Can a 13 year old consent to sex with an adult? Think very carefully about your answer!

no he was not a kid, but a teenager. learn the difference plz. He was definitely above 14 yo. Read it again, and try to use more than two neurons while doing that.

6 minutes ago, Bionic Monster said:

sis they are so twisted in the mind. she might as well just stated he is 13 in the story based off her description and yet they will still defend her or pretend he is 17. the definition of SICK TWISTED PEDOPHILE.

ot: yes gaga yes talent

DtyBO7EUUAAbf5y.jpg

17 hours ago, Merryem said:

MADONNA AS SUCCESSFUL IN 08-09 AS GAGA RN lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2lmfao2 

You're right. Hard Candy outsold the shit out of ASIB. 4 Minutes destroyed Shallow. gaga1 Not fair comparison.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.