Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

August

No Tears Left To Cry is one of the best pop songs of this decade

I can’t even describe how much I agree. It has so much depth and is such a nuanced piece of music. Objectively I think it’s the best song on the album. It gets better and better with time.  

6 minutes ago, Satori said:

I can’t even describe how much I agree. It has so much depth and is such a nuanced piece of music. Objectively I think it’s the best song on the album. It gets better and better with time.  

Indeed, after 7 months it still sounds refreshing. This one was really something elsegaga13

1 minute ago, Littleswiftie said:

How though?ari9

Well, content itself in God Is A Woman feels better crafted, but maybe No Tears Left To Cry is sonically more interesting. Also, choir part in GIAW better rounds up the song and feels more eventful than finalizing part of NTLTC. 

I can see them being interchangeable though for this title, but I am personally gravitating more to GIAW. 

To me No Tears straddles two very important things, which are an innovative and fresh approach and a truly warranted use of diva vocals. It’s lyrically, too, quite masterful. The chanted parts where she speak/sings work perfectly, and don’t feel like a stylistic indulgence. They’re almost a reflection of the “tuning out the bullshit” incantation we have to turn to in choosing to be positive, which is what the song is about. 

And musically it’s so hard to categorize. I fucking love that. It’s a song I would call “textured,” in that there are complimentary traditions being represented, via the choir, the lofty melodic lines, the house rhythm section, and those futuristic electronic flourishes that make it sound like an ice cold glass of water for the ears. Idk. I just love it. 

31 minutes ago, Satori said:

To me No Tears straddles two very important things, which are an innovative and fresh approach and a truly warranted use of diva vocals. It’s lyrically, too, quite masterful. The chanted parts where she speak/sings work perfectly, and don’t feel like a stylistic indulgence. They’re almost a reflection of the “tuning out the bullshit” incantation we have to turn to in choosing to be positive, which is what the song is about. 

And musically it’s so hard to categorize. I fucking love that. It’s a song I would call “textured,” in that there are complimentary traditions being represented, via the choir, the lofty melodic lines, the house rhythm section, and those futuristic electronic flourishes that make it sound like an ice cold glass of water for the ears. Idk. I just love it. 

This tea, this taste

23 hours ago, Satori said:

It's like your ears lose their virginity every time you hear this masterpiecejj2

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.