Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

TomTom

GOD lands at #6 on the HAC year-end charts

4 minutes ago, TomTom said:

Adult Pop = HAC

I got that moo1

I mean to me it's totally unclear how a song could be defined adult pop. Wikipedia says:

It is a format in which the genre is geared more towards an adult audience who are not into hard rock, hip hop, or adult contemporary fare. The main genres within this format are alternative rock and mainstream pop that is more adult-oriented. It is not to be confused with adult contemporary where rather lesser-known and more ballad-driven songs are played.

And it's so vague that my OCD is tripping brit8

15 minutes ago, Recycled stardust said:

I got that moo1

I mean to me it's totally unclear how a song could be defined adult pop. Wikipedia says:

It is a format in which the genre is geared more towards an adult audience who are not into hard rock, hip hop, or adult contemporary fare. The main genres within this format are alternative rock and mainstream pop that is more adult-oriented. It is not to be confused with adult contemporary where rather lesser-known and more ballad-driven songs are played.

And it's so vague that my OCD is tripping brit8

We don't have these formats in Europe, so it can be a bit confusing. HAC is basically pop radio that is catering a bit more to adult audiences and often plays artists that are still successful, but not in their prime anymore. Kelly Clarkson and P!nk, for example, are among the strongest HAC forces. It's basically like pop radio, but a bit less success-oriented and less commercial. Another difference is that pop radio is inclined to play everything that's popular (also rap songs), meanwhile HAC focuses on pop. I think it becomes clear when you compare the HAC charts with the normal pop radio charts: https://kworb.net/radio/

4 minutes ago, TomTom said:

We don't have these formats in Europe, so it can be a bit confusing. HAC is basically pop radio that is catering a bit more to adult audiences and often plays artists that are still successful, but not in their prime anymore. Kelly Clarkson and P!nk, for example, are among the strongest HAC forces. It's basically like pop radio, but a bit less success-oriented and less commercial. Another difference is that pop radio is nclined to play everything that's popular (also rap songs), meanwhile HAC focuses on pop. I think it becomes clear when you compare the HAC charts with the normal pop radio charts: https://kworb.net/radio/

Still a mess because many songs are in both charts in a different position fall1

I prefer the iTunes and Spotify charts, everything together

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.