Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

River Song

Too Late To Apologize, Kevin Hart Axed As Oscars Host

21 hours ago, Mariah's 18 #1's said:

TBH he should not be held accountable for what he said 10 years ago. I really feel sorry for him, he does not deserve this treatment.

Hopefully he changes his mind and hosts the Oscars. I really could not cope with someone like Ellen hosting again - so annoying!

lol he can’t change his mind - he was fired. He’s just trying to pretend like it was his decision to step down 

On 12/7/2018 at 6:07 AM, Mariah's 18 #1's said:

TBH he should not be held accountable for what he said 10 years ago. I really feel sorry for him, he does not deserve this treatment.

Hopefully he changes his mind and hosts the Oscars. I really could not cope with someone like Ellen hosting again - so annoying!

He was a grown ass man making these jokes and he never apologized. He only said “times were less sensitive back then” 

3 hours ago, Kyoteki said:

He was a grown ass man making these jokes and he never apologized. He only said “times were less sensitive back then” 

He's a comedian and he's not wrong, times times were less sensitive back then. Nowadays everyone looks for any little reason to be offended

5 minutes ago, Mariah's 18 #1's said:

He's a comedian and he's not wrong, times times were less sensitive back then. Nowadays everyone looks for any little reason to be offended

Well, then, imagine if it were a white man saying the n word time and time again unapologetically and as an insult. This is no different. tay3 And repeatedly saying something's "gay" as a negative remark is hardly comedy, listening to a fart joke is of higher quality. 

1 minute ago, Jjang said:

Well, then, imagine if it were a white man saying the n word time and time again unapologetically and as an insult. This is no different. tay3 And repeatedly saying something's "gay" as a negative remark is hardly comedy, listening to a fart joke is of higher quality. 

I don't agree with what he said at all and would never say such things, but if everyone were held accountable for what they said on twitter years ago then a lot of people would be unemployable, including gays on stan twitter, none of them would get a job what with their death threats etc. 

1 minute ago, Mariah's 18 #1's said:

I don't agree with what he said at all and would never say such things, but if everyone were held accountable for what they said on twitter years ago then a lot of people would be unemployable, including gays on stan twitter, none of them would get a job what with their death threats etc. 

That's a good point. But that's also why we hold celebrities on a higher pedestal (not that I agree, lol, but our culture is stimulated by the rich - that's a different topic tho) and we expect them to act on what's right publicly. The Academy cannot afford risking its' brand by having its' host be unapologetically homophobic. 

God, Hollywood is getting so boring. Why would he be asked to host the Oscars anyway? His shtick is tired and dried up, he's not funny or entertaining in the year of 2018. What has he done recently to warrant being the host of the Oscars? Next!

36 minutes ago, Mariah's 18 #1's said:

I agree. However, his mindset most likely has not changed. Especially since he’s trying to act like he did something by not apologizing. 

Which he never did in the first place  

And just cause times changed to be “More sensitive” doesn’t make it right...

Whether or not you find his jokes funny or not is subjective. I personally don't find the jokes funny, however, it's comedy. It's literally a JOKE. Comedians are supposed to find / cross the line. I don't think he should've been forced to give up a gig over stupid jokes he did 10 years ago. The right wing has done a NUMBER on comedians like Michelle Wolff and especially Kathy Griffin. They literally almost ended her career over something that was supposed to be a political statement and not a legitimate threat. We have to remember that it was a very different time 10 years ago. There wasn't this mob-mentality "cancel culture" on Twitter and social media obsessed with coming after people and trying to ruin their entire careers over petty things. Sometimes the criticism is legitimate, but other times it's just stupid and petty.

There are way worse people to go after than Kevin fucking Hart. Do you REALLY believe he is homophobic? I mean come now. Why not go after all of the right wing / far right wing people who still have platforms and careers despite their disgusting views which are LEGITIMATE and not a joke.

I also wonder how many people trashing him as "homophobic" are the same ones laughing at the homophobic Millie Bobbie Brown jokes, for example. lol3

16 hours ago, Miss Show Business said:

Whether or not you find his jokes funny or not is subjective. I personally don't find the jokes funny, however, it's comedy. It's literally a JOKE. Comedians are supposed to find / cross the line. I don't think he should've been forced to give up a gig over stupid jokes he did 10 years ago. The right wing has done a NUMBER on comedians like Michelle Wolff and especially Kathy Griffin. They literally almost ended her career over something that was supposed to be a political statement and not a legitimate threat. We have to remember that it was a very different time 10 years ago. There wasn't this mob-mentality "cancel culture" on Twitter and social media obsessed with coming after people and trying to ruin their entire careers over petty things. Sometimes the criticism is legitimate, but other times it's just stupid and petty.

There are way worse people to go after than Kevin fucking Hart. Do you REALLY believe he is homophobic? I mean come now. Why not go after all of the right wing / far right wing people who still have platforms and careers despite their disgusting views which are LEGITIMATE and not a joke.

I also wonder how many people trashing him as "homophobic" are the same ones laughing at the homophobic Millie Bobbie Brown jokes, for example. lol3

I hate when people say “go after right wing instead of this? Why are y’all wasting time on  this? There are worse people” Like we’re NOT using the internet in 2018 that is designed for us to multitask like what the fuck? Lmao. It takes two seconds to retweet. It takes 10 to type a post. You acting like people are spending HOURS on this I..

Making a “Joke” about what you would do to prevent your son from being gay is not funny. Especially to people who went through that same situation growing up.  Using Racism, Homophobia and other dehumanizing punchlines are NOT funny. From a comedian or not. jj4 

And all of this could be resolved if he apologized. Which again, he never did and he just sat there and called himself a Man. Which he ain’t. He’s trash. The himophobic jokes, the cheating on his wife with a mistress and marrying mistress then turn around  and cheat on THAT person? jj4 

In general, Kevin Hart ain’t shit to defend. 

11 hours ago, Kyoteki said:

I hate when people say “go after right wing instead of this? Why are y’all wasting time on  this? There are worse people” Like we’re NOT using the internet in 2018 that is designed for us to multitask like what the fuck? Lmao. It takes two seconds to retweet. It takes 10 to type a post. You acting like people are spending HOURS on this I..

Making a “Joke” about what you would do to prevent your son from being gay is not funny. Especially to people who went through that same situation growing up.  Using Racism, Homophobia and other dehumanizing punchlines are NOT funny. From a comedian or not. jj4 

And all of this could be resolved if he apologized. Which again, he never did and he just sat there and called himself a Man. Which he ain’t. He’s trash. The himophobic jokes, the cheating on his wife with a mistress and marrying mistress then turn around  and cheat on THAT person? jj4 

In general, Kevin Hart ain’t shit to defend. 

Again, I didn't say his jokes were funny. I'm just not in the business of going after comedians. You should never take a comedian seriously. I think comedians are so important right now, especially in the current political climate. And sorry, but I would rather go after the people in Congress and in the White House actually making backwards laws and policies that really affect LGBTQ+, like the transgender military ban.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.