Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

Xtina Grammy shocker: “Liberation” gets 2 nominations

13 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Maroon 5 couldn’t even win this category when they were nominated with Xtina. They won’t win with Cardi oprah14 

Maroon 5 on the whole are bigger now than they were back then, all the middle aged "can i see the manager please" mothers bop to their tunes. 

Cardi B is much bigger than Xtuna was in 2011 too. 

It's really not all that shocking to me, when she won that one for Say Something, she proved that shit like this was possible and put her money where her mouth was. 

That being said, it still won't resuscitate the album -- but it'll have a gold star on it somewhere, at least. 

1 hour ago, Agugaga said:

Maroon 5 couldn’t even win this category when they were nominated with Xtina. They won’t win with Cardi oprah14 

Xtina’s veteran status in this category plus Demi’s sympathy struggles is a good combination for a win. 

Xtina hasn't won a Grammy through her own name in over a decade jj4 This Grammy will most likely go the Shallow, since Maroon 5 has already lost both nominations. Shallow is already in SOTY and ROTY so it pretty much writes itself.

GLY is the biggest pop song of the year, but looking at past nominees, it's very random.

1 hour ago, Infrared said:

Xtina hasn't won a Grammy through her own name in over a decade jj4 This Grammy will most likely go the Shallow, since Maroon 5 has already lost both nominations. Shallow is already in SOTY and ROTY so it pretty much writes itself.

GLY is the biggest pop song of the year, but looking at past nominees, it's very random.

That’s not true. “Say Something” was nominated against songs that were nominated in bigger categories, yet it still won. The Best Pop Vocal Duo/Collabo category is a very unconventional one. If you look back at all the previous winners of this category, it’s always given to an underdog (except “Uptown Funk”).

And you truly are a fucking idiot to say “Xtina hasn’t won a Grammy for her own name.” The category is BEST POP DUO you fucking idiot, so there wouldn’t have been a nomination for Say Something without her name attached. I swear the dumb fucks on this board oprah9 

8 hours ago, Agugaga said:

That’s what everyone said about “Say Something” and she ended up winning. Just sayin, Xtina is the queen of this category. Already have won it twice and has gotten nominated in six different years. 

Say Something was like.. actually huge though? Like no shade, but Say Something smashed in the US and none of Liberation did rip3

6 hours ago, Infrared said:

No way FIL Is beating GLY or shallow. Maroon 5 will probably win with the cardi feature attracting votes

We are in the #MeToo era, with this year's Grammy being dominated by Female nominees, I can see Grammy pulling a Fall In Line as an anthem this year. rih6

4 hours ago, Infrared said:

Not the metoo era lmfao2  Christina girls clinging for dear life over any recognition before they wait another long 6 years rih6

Stay in your Shallow gurl.

We don’t need a man to empower us. ny12

We have 2 powerful females on this song. oprah9 

21 minutes ago, Mariah's 18 #1's said:

Xtina and that trash bag demi lovato will NOT win lmfaoo you really think the academy would allow demi to win after her mess of a year?

Xtina will not win anything tysm

Moomoo won't either ny2

29 minutes ago, Mariah's 18 #1's said:

Fixed 

I didn't know Cardi B had 3 #1s off her debut album, and had a spanish CD that spent 19 weeks at #1.  

i didn't know Cardi B had an album that went 6x platinum in the UK

Didn't know Cardi B had 3 major world tours...

Didn't know Cardi B had 6 Grammy awards...

etc. etc. etc. nat2

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.