Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WinnieIsFree

Who will suffer from BNA curse?

F  

9 members have voted

1. 1. X

• Dua Lipa
    • Bebe Rexha
    • Chloe x Halle

5 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Well if they would've given the award to SZA it would've been a Lauryn Hill 2.0 situation so I guess either way it just doesn't work out brit9

I don't know her either, sorry.

5 minutes ago, Philip said:

Did she try tho? rih1 

No, but that was somewhat besides my point. She still had a curse in that she didn't have longevity in the music business, regardless of if she released anything or not.

10 hours ago, Philip said:

What's the BNA curse exactly?

Xtina, Mariah, Carrie Underwood, Maroon 5, Toni Braxton, Lauryn Hill, Alicia Keys, Adele, Sam Smith have all won the BNA award, but go off sis lol3 

Xtina failed to snag another solo number one or match debut album sales, Carrie Underwood irrelevant, Toni Braxton bankrupt and flopped, Lauryn Hill one album doesn’t have masters and can’t perform original songs, Alicia Keys forgotten tv judge, Adele already listed, Sam Smith forgotten in America 

but ok sis

5 hours ago, DespunkThoseFawkingBawls said:

Xtina failed to snag another solo number one or match debut album sales, Carrie Underwood irrelevant, Toni Braxton bankrupt and flopped, Lauryn Hill one album doesn’t have masters and can’t perform original songs, Alicia Keys forgotten tv judge, Adele already listed, Sam Smith forgotten in America 

but ok sis

But Xtina’s legacy was her 2nd album and the only reason why it sold less domestically was because of the sales decline from illegal downloads and yet it still managed to sell the same amount worldwide.

Also in 2003 she had the highest peaking pop single of the year with Beautiful which peaked at #2 while rap and hip hop dominated and all the other pop artists struggled to even get in the top 10 besides Justin Timberlake whose highest peaking single was a #3

So what’s good? rav2 

7 hours ago, DespunkThoseFawkingBawls said:

but ok sis

lol3 

14 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

No, but that was somewhat besides my point. She still had a curse in that she didn't have longevity in the music business, regardless of if she released anything or not.

Lauryn is a legend that is still selling out shows, DESPITE NOT RELEASING ANYTHING after.

It's not a curse, it was her decision lol.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Lauryn is a legend that is still selling out shows, DESPITE NOT RELEASING ANYTHING after.

But the curse could make her take that decision. oprah11

7 hours ago, Philip said:

Shows that she doesn’t even show up at orangu1 

18 hours ago, DespunkThoseFawkingBawls said:

but ok sis

Isn’t this Canel Oberlin or something?

The random fuming at legend Bjork is amusing yet she continues to stomp, stomp, stomp ari9

OT: idk I like Dua but I can read her for anything 

I love Bebe and she deserves a long lasting, successful career in music 

On 12/9/2018 at 7:16 PM, I Brings That Levity said:

The other "Big" singles on the Stripped album though flopped in the US. Dirrty: #48 & Fighter: #20. rav2 

At the very least, it influenced a lot of new artists, like Pootrida Lovato, Selma Gomez.

Even 9 time Grammy Award winner Lady Gaga called Xtina Legendtina. 

Also, BNA 2019 Winner and possibly Alexia Carcass 2.0,  Dula Poopa stated that Xtina is one of her influences. 

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.