Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Venus XCX

Venus XCX's Top 18 Albums of 2018!

51+Wx-EJgRL._SS500.jpg

13. Christina Aguilera - Liberation

It took 84 years but finally we were served another addition to Xtina’s incredible discography. Our introduction to Liberation was Accelerate… and needless to say it seemed I was one of the few who loved it. Then pre-order track Twice had me hooked; it quickly became one of my favourite ballads of the year. When we were finally Liberated I was not disappointed, despite there being a few songs that weren't for me (Maria, Sick of Sittin’). The polished feel to Liberation alone is a breath of fresh air after Lotus, complete with the powerhouse vocals in she is known for and oozing her iconic sex appeal as well as riding today’s sounds. I'm glad this was recognised for the Grammys.

Trinity: Fall In Line, Twice, Pipe

32 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

Tinashe-%20Joyride%20.jpg

14. Tinashe - Joyride

WE WERE ROOTING FOR YOU. WE WERE ALL ROOTING FOR YOU. NEVER HAVE I YELLED AT A GIRL LIKE THIS! I was so excited for this album; pre-singles No Drama, Faded Love and Me So Bad DELIVERED and the photoshoots, music videos and visuals were ON. Everything was going well until the album dropped and revealed the album was full of dated duds. Sadly, this isn’t Tinashe’s fault and I’m sure she had limited say on the final product of the album. The only non-singles I really love are Ooh La La, Ain’t Good For Ya and No Contest. This album was so disappointing but it gets a respectable position because I enjoyed the singles and some album tracks thoroughly.
Trinity: Me So Bad, Faded Love, No Contest

Deserves Top 5 at least moo12 

MSB is NOT trinity lul moo12

Just now, Freaky Prince said:

Deserves Top 5 at least moo12 

MSB is NOT trinity lul moo12

Aren't you the Nightride hater

s9CBq8x.gif 

4 minutes ago, Merryem said:

joyride nicki5

talent recognized again at liberation tho, although maria not making your trinity is questionable moo12 

I love Searching For Maria... nicki5 Jk I actually do like Maria and I retract my statement in the review saying it was a dud hay1 

6 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

Bitch gets a Mariah set and thinks she can use her vocabulary against me!
tumblr_ol6olfsnPm1tivim4o1_400.gif 

please skskks

Now I know I'm not the biggest Moo stan, but if Caution isn't in your top 5... sweetie! nicki5 

3 hours ago, Venus XCX said:

51+Wx-EJgRL._SS500.jpg

13. Christina Aguilera - Liberation

It took 84 years but finally we were served another addition to Xtina’s incredible discography. Our introduction to Liberation was Accelerate… and needless to say it seemed I was one of the few who loved it. Then pre-order track Twice had me hooked; it quickly became one of my favourite ballads of the year. When we were finally Liberated I was not disappointed, despite there being a few songs that weren't for me (Maria, Sick of Sittin’). The polished feel to Liberation alone is a breath of fresh air after Lotus, complete with the powerhouse vocals in she is known for and oozing her iconic sex appeal as well as riding today’s sounds. I'm glad this was recognised for the Grammys.

Trinity: Fall In Line, Twice, Pipe

To be honest in my opinion Maria is such a highlight when you add Searching For Maria, just everything fits so perfect, even better if you see the live performances on the tour oprah4 I used to think Sick Of Sittin' was very filler track, but I love it now. The only track I am still struggle to like is Right Moves for some reason dead2 Overall I can listen to this album in full including intros & interludes over and over again with no problem oprah4 

14 minutes ago, Habits said:

To be honest in my opinion Maria is such a highlight when you add Searching For Maria, just everything fits so perfect, even better if you see the live performances on the tour oprah4 I used to think Sick Of Sittin' was very filler track, but I love it now. The only track I am still struggle to like is Right Moves for some reason dead2 Overall I can listen to this album in full including intros & interludes over and over again with no problem oprah4 

Every song definitely has its pros! And ugh yes the vocals in Searching For Maria, I love to sing along and think I'm hitting the notes dead7 Sonically Sick Of Sittin is a bit too loud for my liking and seems out of place, but even then I think the Michael Jackson-esque vibe is genius. And ikr!! I revisited the album after a while for these reviews and I completely forgot about Right Moves. It's very formulaic and bland compared to the others, definitely filler but still listenable.

1 hour ago, Luca said:

Now I know I'm not the biggest Moo stan, but if Caution isn't in your top 5... sweetie! nicki5 

wait-and-see.gif 

jj2 

1 hour ago, Chapman said:

i thought at #15 you said you’ll start saying good things about the albums then at #14 you drag the shit out of joyride lmfao1 

Nnn I didn't expect to drag so many albums giveup3 But from Liberation on I mostly have love for the albums! Except maybe the next album due to the artist's recent behaviour... There's a hint! jj3 

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.