Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Venus XCX

Venus XCX's Top 18 Albums of 2018!

1 minute ago, Lachlan said:

Appalled to see this album so high but even more appalled to not see GIAW in your trinity... jj1 

You're right... I need to stop pretending I didn't stan it mercilessly a few months back. Lemme edit jj1 

6 minutes ago, Venus XCX said:

Dly62QZWwAEcBf4.jpg

7. Ariana Grande - Sweetener

Ariana was undoubtedly the pop girl of the year. The Sweetener era was a pop event! NTLTC and GIAW had me hyped… then the album came around. I was shocked to realise how disappointed I was. Pharrell’s production sounded cheap and the abundant sounds of Ariana and him breathing and sheeshing were… choices. Over time though it became my most listened to album of 2018; the bubblegum sounds and undeniably catchy hooks became too infectious. Sweetener starts off rocky; raindrops being her most underwhelming and useless opener, the good but not great blazed and scrutinised the light is coming. The album really shines in the latter half, and contains trinity Ariana song better off. Ariana also shows promising writing skills as she documents her struggles with anxiety in her most personal song yet get well soon. Sweetener is an enjoyable album that some may not take too seriously, but at the same time is a confident statement by Miss Grande.

Trinity - better off, breathin, God is a woman

Bumping to new page jj3 

c875d08f7a5521599cadf9c7f8416d80.1000x1000x1.jpg   

6. Mariah Carey - Caution

Arguably my favourite artist of all time and living legend Mariah Carey came back to serve another studio album to her already immaculate discography after a 4 year wait. During that wait, lambs watched Mariah go through NYEgate and a traumatising manager that shall remain unnamed so it was amazing to hear a reinvented and fresh sounding album come out at the end of the tunnel. Despite the trauma, it seems she has come out stronger and more courageous than ever, and it shows in the sex appeal of One Mo’ Gen and fierce diss track A No No. That being said, it wouldn’t be a Mariah album without a heartbreaking personal ballad and she doesn’t fail to deliver with Portrait. Overall, Caution is a reflection on where Mariah is in life; at legendary status with nothing left to prove but still talent to show.

Trinity - 8th Grade, Portrait, The Distance

Just now, Lachlan said:

Top 12 oh my fucking god I have to laugh. lol3 

I didn't do any specific counting so idk but it's definitely overrated to the highest heavens lol3 NTLTC remains her best single this year and this is coming from an initial doubter!

44 minutes ago, Sylk said:

considering downvoting and breaking mutuals not even a top 5? .. there are no words ...

DtqcIiRXgAYWm43.jpg

Yall stay acting like it's the second coming when its only 40 minutes long but omg please forgive me KING I can't be in this dungeon alone

thyL8NU.gif 

7 hours ago, Venus XCX said:

Yall stay acting like it's the second coming when its only 40 minutes long but omg please forgive me KING I can't be in this dungeon alone

thyL8NU.gif 

it's cute that you think I'm the one whose forgiveness you need eve1 

Spoiler

thump, thump, thump, the sounds were loud and clear.. it echoed off the dungeon walls and boomed..venus's eyes beginning bulging as he realized whose coming the sounds herald.. sylk simply smiled and whispered "you're done bitch". in one swoop the cum buckets room door flew open and in entered .. thanos.  

b588ecf47910f2729fb75935e1eab8df.1400x1400x1.jpg

5. Little Mix - LM5

Oop! Yes, since 5H’s split, I needed another girl group to fill the void. While I was stanning 5H, I turned a blind eye to Little Mix, thinking they were too bubblegum and childish for me which is part of the reason why the quality of LM5 was such a such a surprise to me. Prior to this album I only liked a handful of their songs I was familiar with; Power, Black Magic, Hair and Move. Lead single Woman Like Me didn’t sway me whatsoever, but pre-single Joan Of Arc had me hooked and perched. First listen I was amazed to say the least; it seemed that every song that came one after another could be trinity material. LM5 is Little Mix at their confidence peak; anthems of unconditional self-respect such as Strip and Joan Of Arc and Rihanna-esque feminist bops Motivate and Wasabi. The album wouldn’t be the complete body of work it is without their stripped down moments of vulnerability in Told You So, Monster In Me and More Than Words which are undeniably album highlights. LM5 is one of the few albums of the year without a skip and that’s sincerely Venus!

Trinity: Forget You Not, More Than Words, Told You So/Monster In Me

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.