Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Venus XCX

Venus XCX's Top 18 Albums of 2018!

163wMmY.png 

Graphic design is my passion!

It's that time of year again ladies and ladymen: I reveal some questionable opinions and get dragged by Liam and the Reycists I will be counting down my top 18 albums of 2018, an ongoing tradition of mine since 2014! "Did he even listen to 18 albums this year?" Liam and Lachlan jinxed. This year had some amazing releases and some duds and they will praised/dragged deservedly so. Now get your kettle boiling because it's time for taste and tea. 💋

List so far:

Spoiler

18. Cardi B - Invasion Of Privacy

17. Camila Cabello - Camila

16. Jessie J - R.O.S.E.

15. The Carters - Everything Is Love

14. Tinashe - Joyride

13. Christina Aguilera - Liberation

12. Nicki Minaj - Queen

11. Mac Miller - Swimming

10. Lily Allen - No Shame

9. Robyn - Honey

8. Hayley Kiyoko - Expectations

7. Ariana Grande - Sweetener

6. Mariah Carey - Caution

5. Little Mix - LM5

4. Janelle Monae - Dirty Computer

3. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - A Star Is Born

2. Kali Uchis - Isolation

1. Kacey Musgraves - Golden Hour

Previous year ends:

Venus XCX's Top 14 Albums Of 2014

Venus XCX's Top 10 Albums of 2015

Venus XCX's Top 16 Albums of 2016

Venus XCX's Top 17 Albums of 2017

Cardi-B-Invasion-Privacy-Album-Cover-Release-Date.jpg 

18. Cardi B - Invasion Of Privacy

Eek. This album had zero replay value to me. Don’t get me wrong, I love bopping to the bops on this album but there’s something about Invasion Of Privacy that didn’t grab me to listen to it as a body of work. Maybe it’s the lack of lyrical depth? The heavy reliance on features? The reek of label manufacturing and writing camps?

Trinity: Bickenhead, Best Life, I Like It

camila-cabello-album-cover 

#17. Camila Cabello - Camila

“I’m having flashbacks to 7/27 being his #1 album in 2016…” Americunt said “I’m triggered” added Hunty Bear. Yes, the ex-Fifth Harmony member makes my year end… just. After many months of resenting her for causing Fifth Harmony’s gradual demise and arguing with her obnoxious stans, I have to admit Camila made a... considerable album. Despite not being the original concept she had in mind for her debut, Camila is a cute, pop, label-rushed album and it shows. Unfortunately, attempted Despacito redux She Loves Control, Dora The Explorer influenced Inside Out, lazy and bland closer Into It bring the album down from what could have been a more memorable debut album. Despite paling in comparison to the albums that soon came after it in 2018, she still has the-one-that-got-away-esque ballad All These Years that I’ll get emotional to for years to come, moderate-hit-that-deserved-better Never Be The Same and the most thematically interesting song In The Dark that I get excited to listen to nearly 12 months on.

Trinity: Never Be The Same, In The Dark, All These Years

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.