Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Venus XCX

Gaga: The Star Madonna Always Wanted To Be

3 minutes ago, Moonflower said:

Yeah, im not sure about that other one cause i never got into t stats but Evita was widely praised...didn't she always get nominated for an Oscar/Golden Globe for the performance

She got GG.

Anyway, Madonna was nominated for the worst actress for being herself in Truth or Dare documentary. rih1 

6 minutes ago, light741 said:

Alright. The article lied because Madonna is a huge star and the queen of pop. But no girl, you won't come for Marilyn. She is a great actress. Films like

The Prince and the Showgirl, Some Like It Hot, The Misfits, Don't Bother to Knock prove she can truly act. So leave one of Msdge's idols alone. Right? @rose

I don't have a problem with Marilyn, she's an icon, but she's not a talented dancer and singer, and not a super talented actress as the article says. Elvis wasn't a good actor too... the comparisons cancel the point of the article.

thQMu1j.gif

6 minutes ago, 350.000.000 records sold said:

I don't have a problem with Marilyn, she's an icon, but she's not a talented dancer and singer, and not a super talented actress as the article says. Elvis wasn't a good actor too... the comparisons cancel the whole article.

thQMu1j.gif

Dancer? no. Singing? She wasn't bad but not a powerhouse vocalist either. Acting? She did deliver some great acting performances and was getting better with every new film. In fact i still have to see Madge and Gaga give a performance as the one Marilyn gave in Don't Bother To Knock and The Misfits. In those films she proved her potential as a dramatic actress. On top of proving her comedy timing in Some Like It Hot and The Prince And The Showgirl.

giphy.gif

It’s true in a sense that Gaga is having a breakthrough in the film industry - something Madonna only tasted with a few roles but was never fully embraced by that sensation. But to even think she’d want to trade careers with Gaga is just ew1 No need to explain at this point, we all know her accomplishments are barely touched.  

20 hours ago, Mariah's 18 #1's said:

Everything about this is so true I can't even.

Gaga IS the star Madonna always wanted to be. And now she's in her 60's and past it, she will never be even 10% successful as Gaga. 

MDNA was more than 10% closer to ARTPOP's success, the same with Rebel Heart and Joanne. Sorry to disappoint you.

thQMu1j.gif

8 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

Acting wise - YES no matter how much her fans try to deny it. But overall, eeeh I wouldn't go that far ari9 

This. Movies... it's just not Madonna's thing and lets leave it at that.

For music.... Gaga has MAYBE 20% the value of Madonna's discography at this point. Could she perhaps one day reach Madge's iconic level of musical output if she happened to get 3-4 more huge eras that resonated? I suppose it's possible, but not probable.

Lets leave it at that.

Ok first off where is this publication (?) from and what messy af editor let a line like that go on the cover I- lmfao2

As far as the acting thing, I haven’t seen ASIB but I have no problem believing Gaga’s probably a better actress. But to say she has what Madonna’s “always wanted” is a bit of a joke. Yes Madonna wanted to be a movie star. She didn’t have quite the chops or the luck to make it. It is what it is. A few of her films are great and the rest... aren’t. Idc. Her film career ending happened when her music was at its best so lowkey the fans won. 

Anyway, as far as Gaga, homegirl really stays winning this era. That’s basically the loveliest picture of her I’ve ever seen. And ASIB seems pretty universally embraced. But I’m interested to see what happens next as far as films for her goes. This was arguably a gift-wrapped role for her (no shade, most roles filled by musicians are—including plenty of Madonna’s) and it came out after a couple of years of her painstakingly rebuilding her reputation and earning the gp’s goodwill back. It’ll be interesting to see what kinds of opportunities she gets from this, and what type of work she’ll take on. 

I mean, at this point, Madonna fans are used to fans of other artists writing articles like this. 

It's hilarious that after 35 years she is STILL the standard, the non plus ultra who people are DESPERATE to see matched in terms of influence, success and longevity. In the end, every one they hailed as "The New Madonna" failed at either of the three things I listed.

Gaga fans took the obsession of having their fave being placed at the top of the hierarchy to a new level. It's so desperate and tragic and the reason why they are the most looked down upon fanbase. Get over it, ShitGa fans. SHE WILL NEVER BE ON MADONNA's LEVEL.

6 minutes ago, Yzma said:

I mean, at this point, Madonna fans are used to fans of other artists writing articles like this. 

It's hilarious that after 35 years she is STILL the standard, the non plus ultra who people are DESPERATE to see matched in terms of influence, success and longevity. In the end, every one they hailed as "The New Madonna" failed at either of the three things I listed.

Gaga fans took the obsession of having their fave being placed at the top of the hierarchy to a new level. It's so desperate and tragic and the reason why they are the most looked down upon fanbase. Get over it, ShitGa fans. SHE WILL NEVER BE ON MADONNA's LEVEL.

she will always be

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.