Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Honey

Which single from reputation will be remembered more?

Vote on which single will be remembered  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

• Look What You Made Me Do
    • ...Ready For It?
    • End Game
    • Delicate

In terms of the GP, which single from reputation will be remembered the most? Every era seems to have that one song that outshines the rest, even if other singles did just as well. 

Just in your opinion! interested in what y'all think hug1 

i.e.

"When I think of Self-Titled, I think of 'Teardrops...'"

"When I think of Fearless, I think of 'You Belong With Me'"

"When I think of Speak Now, I think of 'Mine'"

"When I think of Red, I think of 'WANEGBT'"

"When I think of 1989, I think about 'Shake it Off/Blank Space'"

Well, no matter what can be said about Look What You Made Me Do, the song ( especially with the music video ) can't be erased from mind when you hear name Taylor Swift. It is the moment when Bad Blood got serious competition in terms of Taylor finally retaliating and becoming brash and explosive. It also marks the point in her discography and career when you realize - this is the song where American sweetheart had blackout resulting in smash song. So LWYMMD might have fizzled out too quickly for her standards, but it will be among her remembered songs for sure. 

Then again, Delicate is what Taylor is when it comes to her songs: tender, emotional, demonstrating her songwriting abilities, which was her thing since self-titled. It contains primordial form of what made her musician in the first place. It will definitely pop up as one of the best things that reputation as an era gave. 

Ready For It is half-abrasive and half-mellow making nice combination, but in terms of being remembered, aforementioned singles are bigger threats. 

End Game is end gamejj2

2 minutes ago, Ghostface said:

Well, no matter what can be said about Look What You Made Me Do, the song ( especially with the music video ) can't be erased from mind when you hear name Taylor Swift. It is the moment when Bad Blood got serious competition in terms of Taylor finally retaliating and becoming brash and explosive. It also marks the point in her discography and career when you realize - this is the song where American sweetheart had blackout resulting in smash song. So LWYMMD might have fizzled out too quickly for her standards, but it will be among her remembered songs for sure. 

Then again, Delicate is what Taylor is when it comes to her songs: tender, emotional, demonstrating her songwriting abilities, which was her thing since self-titled. It contains primordial form of what made her musician in the first place. It will definitely pop up as one of the best things that reputation as an era gave. 

Ready For It is half-abrasive and half-mellow making nice combination, but in terms of being remembered, aforementioned singles are bigger threats. 

End Game is end gamejj2

100% accurate points. Beautifully written essay skills, 10/10. End Game getting the shade it DESERVES. cry8 love this post 

Definitely "Look What You Made Me Do", it may have been frontloaded a bit, but the period of time was ICONIC, the music video was a complete snatch and one of Taylor's signature videos. 

I think it would be safe to say that:

1. Look What You Made Me
  2. Delicate
  3. ...Ready For It?
  4. End Game

Definitely LWYMMD as it was (albeit very short) a sort of pop culture moment. It had EVERYONE talking for a week or two and the “old Taylor is dead” like is known by the GP for sure.

Now, Delicate might be more known to the GP as a song itself instead of the drama/moment surrounding it? Afterall, it was a top 2 radio hit and had an audience of like 150 million. Lots of the public still uses radio today. But, despite it being so huge I think Look just takes the cake because of the moment it created and the meme-able lyrics.

LWYMMD. the song cause such conversation for a whole month after its release. The definition of anticpation.

RFI, End Game are forgotten, literally noboy knows that they happened

Delicate was the only organic hit off the album but as steady as it was didnt pick up the way mnay of us hoped. had a great run though, radio was very supportive.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.