Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Merryem

sweetener aged like WINE

ya'll this album has been on REPEAT for me lately gaga1 it's so good. some of her best work for sure. while I still don't know if it's up to dangerous woman level quality, it definitely has a few tracks that match the highest highs of DW. get well soon is one of her best tracks ever, if not the best. a mental health ANTHEM...the symbolism..the harmonies...her MIND gaga1 

while yes, the first half of the album was george h.w. bush on arrival, the second half is immaculate gaga1 goodnight n go, god is a woman, breathin, get well soon, hell even ntltc sound like CLASSICS gaga1 

i can't believe i disliked the album at first. it truly is a masterpiece. so much personality. even pharrat couldn't ruin get well soon. the main pop girl pulled through. gaga1 

Second half is definitely one that grabs your attention tightly without any indication of letting you fast. But R.E.M and God Is A Woman are also memorable gems from the first one, so whole album is actually nicely connected and organized. But truly, I understand the sentiment completely. From Everytime to Get Well Soon is everything that makes a joyful musical ride. 

I'm disappointed in myself for hating it initially, too. brit1 I guess it's not instantly accessible musically, meaning it's not structured to be an immediate attention grabber, which is commendable in Pop music, rarely do we get Pop songs like Get Well Soon / R.E.M / Goodnight N' Go (I know it's a cover), that take time to develope and 'peak', most Pop songs have a predictable pattern, you know the songs' outcome by listening to the first 30 seconds. Now, I'm not saying Ariana released this big risky innovative album, but it's just a refreshing listen in the current landscape.

I don't like the intro, thought it was pretty pointless. And stuff like The Light Is Coming could have been interludes instead. But overall it's a solid 7/10. Main Pop girl really did that.ari5

Certain songs have grown on me (Everytime, Better Off, REM and Get Well Soon). I also still enjoy NTLTC, Breathin and GNG which I enjoyed from the beginning.

I just don’t care for the album overall though. Pharrell and his wheezing ruined half of it jj4 At least he’s not gonna be on the next album kylie6 

I love this album so much katy9

it helped me through a rough time, came out during the weirdest time of my life. songs like better off have gotten me through a breakup, and get well soon got me through some personal shit. the only songs on the album i don't like are tlic and blazed. i think it's her best album, and if nothing, it's my favourite.

Please don't hate on me but i'm still not a huge fan of it other than the singles and a few others tracks. Quite a number of songs on it felt like fillers, i mostly blame Pharrell's awful style of recycling crap he made 10 years ago. The only song's i really listen to are God Is A Woman, Successful, No Tears Left To Cry, Breathin' and Everytime. The rest i've maybe only listened to a couple of times since they came out, despite being saved on my Spotify. 

I look forward to the new album though, hopefully she serves. thank you, next has got us off to a good start, although i hope she branches out a bit more stylistically, I'm not the biggest fan of Imagine from the preview i've heard, but i'll have to wait till it's out before i can fully pass judgement. 

If i was to rate it i'd probably give it a 6.5/10 on the basis that it's not an awful album, it's pretty cohesive and there's some good moments. 

53 minutes ago, Jjang said:

I'm disappointed in myself for hating it initially, too. brit1 I guess it's not instantly accessible musically, meaning it's not structured to be an immediate attention grabber, which is commendable in Pop music, rarely do we get Pop songs like Get Well Soon / R.E.M / Goodnight N' Go (I know it's a cover), that take time to develope and 'peak', most Pop songs have a predictable pattern, you know the songs' outcome by listening to the first 30 seconds. Now, I'm not saying Ariana released this big risky innovative album, but it's just a refreshing listen in the current landscape.

I don't like the intro, thought it was pretty pointless. And stuff like The Light Is Coming could have been interludes instead. But overall it's a solid 7/10. Main Pop girl really did that.ari5

taste detected katy3 

8 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Girl what about REM 

what about her moo12 

3 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Get Well Soon is cute but Everytime is gorgeous and we all know that gorgeous devours cute ny13 

gaga4 

Blazed and Borderline have grew on me, but are still the weaker tracks of the album.

Sweetener is kinda meh but I still like the track.

I've actually been listening to Get Well Soon more often and its nice to listen to after vibing to the upbeat tracks. Also listen to it cause of the "Yuh's"

Successful went from my least favourite and is now one of my favourites.

All the other tracks are still my favourites too...yes including TLIC also...

16 hours ago, Merryem said:

ya'll this album has been on REPEAT for me lately gaga1 it's so good. some of her best work for sure. while I still don't know if it's up to dangerous woman level quality, it definitely has a few tracks that match the highest highs of DW. get well soon is one of her best tracks ever, if not the best. a mental health ANTHEM...the symbolism..the harmonies...her MIND gaga1 

while yes, the first half of the album was george h.w. bush on arrival, the second half is immaculate gaga1 goodnight n go, god is a woman, breathin, get well soon, hell even ntltc sound like CLASSICS gaga1 

i can't believe i disliked the album at first. it truly is a masterpiece. so much personality. even pharrat couldn't ruin get well soon. the main pop girl pulled through. gaga1 

A downvote, againjj2

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.