Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Elusive

Albums You Pretend Never Happened

8 hours ago, Hylia said:

Christmas albums by my faves. The exceptions would be And Winter Came by Enya because it doesn’t have that overly campy feel that most Christmas music has and 50 Words for Snow by Kate Bush because it’s much more about the season of winter itself, and like Enya’s album, isn’t annoyingly over the top.

Kate's album has nothing to do with Christmas. wendy1  

9 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Director's Cut brit8

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Hylia said:

Christmas albums by my faves. The exceptions would be And Winter Came by Enya because it doesn’t have that overly campy feel that most Christmas music has and 50 Words for Snow by Kate Bush because it’s much more about the season of winter itself, and like Enya’s album, isn’t annoyingly over the top.

This scorching tea omg. It’s SO hard to find a decent Christmas album. My holy quadrinity is queen Enya’s aforementioned (on repeat for like two weeks now), Annie Lennox’s A Christmas Cornucopia, Loreena McKennitt’s plaintive A Midwinter Night’s Dream, and Sarah McLachlan’s Wintersong, which is just sublime I think. 

2 hours ago, Nocturn said:

Younger Now was OK. um2  I liked a few songs, but that doesn't mean other songs were bad. It just wasn't everyone's cup of tea.

Honeymoon was great. Enough of shading. jj3 There was like one bad song on it. eve1 

It is fucking forgettable though. It isn't terrible...none of Lana's albums are actually bad but the songs sound too much alike. They are too lowkey and too slow and overall rather uninspired.

3 hours ago, Satori said:

This scorching tea omg. It’s SO hard to find a decent Christmas album. My holy quadrinity is queen Enya’s aforementioned (on repeat for like two weeks now), Annie Lennox’s A Christmas Cornucopia, Loreena McKennitt’s plaintive A Midwinter Night’s Dream, and Sarah McLachlan’s Wintersong, which is just sublime I think. 

I really need to listen to Loreena’s, since I’ve been wanting to get into her. She definitely had one of the best albums of 2018 cry6

3 hours ago, Hylia said:

I really need to listen to Loreena’s, since I’ve been wanting to get into her. She definitely had one of the best albums of 2018 cry6

She’s unreal. The Midwinter collection is lovely. Quite a few really intimate and reflective moments but there are a few festive songs too, made all the better because there are like no contemporary instruments involved. If you haven’t gotten into her back catalogue I’d recommend The Mask and Mirror, fwiw—but it’s all amazing stuff. 

Madonna's post-2005 albums

Janet Jackson's pre-1986 albums (+ "20 Y.O." and "Discipline")

Mariah's Christmas albums (All I Want for Christmas is You is a non-album single as far as I'm concerned)

Kylie Minogue's post-Aphrodite albums

Cyndi Lauper - "A Night to Remember Forget"

Bjork - "Drawing Restraint 9"

Tori Amos - "Midwinter Graces" & "Gold Dust"

Yoko Ono - "Starpeace"

14 hours ago, Nocturn said:

Kate's album has nothing to do with Christmas. wendy1  

giphy.gif

I guess he just meant that he'd rather listen to a seasonal/winter-mood type album instead of strictly Christmas-themed albums.

And Director's Cut was a waste of time jj3 Thank god she released an album of new material the same year. 

20 hours ago, Satori said:

Try Sufjan Stevens jj5 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.