Dennis Reynolds

Donald Trump wants the courts to determine if it's legal for Saturday Night Live to make fun of him

President Trump says the justice system should stop investigating his administration and go after the real enemy – “Saturday Night Live.”

During a series of Sunday morning tweets attacking everyone from his former attorney Michael Cohen to Hillary Clinton, the President slipped in the suggestion that NBC’s long-running comedy skit program should be “tested in courts,” seemingly for its alleged “collusion” with Democratic party interests.

“A REAL scandal is the one sided coverage, hour by hour, of networks like NBC & Democrat spin machines like Saturday Night Live. It is all nothing less than unfair news coverage and Dem commercials. Should be tested in courts, can’t be legal? Only defame & belittle! Collusion?” the President tweeted.

Trump has repeatedly slammed investigations into his campaign’s possible involvement in electoral misconduct as “a witch hunt.” He’s insisted the process should be brought to an end.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny-news-saturday-night-live-trump-courts-legal-20181216-story.html

First of all; yes it is -- that little document referred to in the history books called the Constitution of the United States allows for that. You can't just rip out the second article and wipe yourself with the rest of it, the whole thing matters. I'm not sure how it even could get before a court and be "tested", it never will, and incidentally, if by some chance it sneaks in, it'll be obliterated. 

Second; it's not defamation if it's true. 

Third; Alec Baldwin's impersonation of him is scarily spot-on, it's actually the funniest thing that's been on that show in years. 

And finally, if he attempts to do something like that, and succeeds, it'll be because the protections our founders built into our government to hold against people who think like him have completely eroded away. If that's the case, book yourself a flight to Canada, the U.K., the fucking Soloman Islands and never look back. 

And the worst part is that you selected Mike Pence as VP, so the prospect of you being impeached (when you are a genuine threat to the stability of the republic, one that it hasn't seen in a century and a half) is even more terrifying than the reality of you being President. 

Fuck you, Donald Trump. Fuck you and the hilly-billy goat-fuckers that put in that position. You sit in a chair occupied by some of the most pragmatic and magnificent political minds the world has ever seen, and you don't deserve to have your name in the same field with them, you smarmy peice of shit. 

Just now, SWINΞ said:

Pence came with Trump, Presidents and VPs come as a package. 

I did not vote for Pence. I did not select him. 

I live in Indiana, where Pence was Governor for many years before getting picked up by Trump as his running mate. Not one day Pence was in charge of my State’s Government did I feel ok or safe in my own land. 

I ubderstand you weren’t explicitly saying we picked Pence purposefully but I just needed to rant how much I hate that man. clap1

I was speaking more metaphrocially to Trump rip4

I’m sorry you were traumatized like that, seriously. At least with him as Vice President he’s marginalized, I can’t fathom living under him as chief executive brit2

Trump had a choice between him, Newt Gingrich or Mitt Romney. While Romney and Gingrich are hypocritical and abhorrent, with those two at least we wouldn’t have crazy. I could at least stomach their crazy until the next election. They’re just normal crazy. One would think that it Trump choose him on purpose because the idea of him as President is so nausea-inducing.  They didn’t go around saying such insightful things like Smoking doesn’t kill and shit.

I’m just so enraged by this.