Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Elusive

Rearrange the Lotus Tracklist

On 12/30/2018 at 8:20 PM, Bionic-Boy-84 said:

No. I would keep it as it is. The Christina albums I would tweak the set lists for would be B2B (1 long disc), Bionic (songs from the deluxe moved to the main disc, although I also like ALL songs on the main disc) and Liberation (remove the I don’t need it anymore interlude and replace with another song).

I wouldn't remove I Don't Need It Anymore in Liberation--I would've just added it to the main track for Sick of Sittin'. 

As for lotus, It would've been better if the songs progressed from lighter themes to darker themes. I honestly gave it full listen today and decided to change my earlier opinion about the track list order.

1. Lotus Intro

2.Let There Be Love

3. Your Body

4.Circles

5. Shut Up

6. Red Hot Kinda Love

7. Make The World Move

8. Just A Fool

9. Cease Fire

10. Best of Me

11. Empty Words

12.Light Up The Sky

13. Blank Page

14. Sing For Me

I decided to put the songs that sounded pretty much the same so that it would not seem too messy to hear. To be honest, after listening to it, I found myself enjoying it again. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I haven't listened to it for three years now and I guess absence makes the heart grow fonder. 

(Note: Around the World still does not exist to me because it was like a bad Pitbull reject. Not the he had good songs.) 

LOTUS - i still find myself returning to this album. the empowerment songs were cheesy but oh so good. definitely blast this album when i go on long road trips. this album definitely makes you feel the passion - obviously this was a rushed album but at the end of the day, you can tell christina told the label "i am picking the songs" because at the end of the day, it's still a very christina album. 

my arrangement/vision for this album would be:

1: Lotus

2: Fuck Your Body

3: Let There Be Love

4: Red Hot Kinda Love

5: Sing For Me

6: Cease Fire

7: Shut Up

8: Blank Page

9: Empty Words

as for the photo shoot, i would have preferred her to do the photos from the YOUR BODY video set. all the looks were great. Aesthetically i get what she was going for, but LOTUS should have been more experimental/fun ... he was doing that with the voice, the wigs, the outfit choices ... 

undefined

we love a colorful tessiture having queen.

20 hours ago, BlancMac said:

I wouldn't remove I Don't Need It Anymore in Liberation--I would've just added it to the main track for Sick of Sittin'. 

As for lotus, It would've been better if the songs progressed from lighter themes to darker themes. I honestly gave it full listen today and decided to change my earlier opinion about the track list order.

1. Lotus Intro

2.Let There Be Love

3. Your Body

4.Circles

5. Shut Up

6. Red Hot Kinda Love

7. Make The World Move

8. Just A Fool

9. Cease Fire

10. Best of Me

11. Empty Words

12.Light Up The Sky

13. Blank Page

14. Sing For Me

I decided to put the songs that sounded pretty much the same so that it would not seem too messy to hear. To be honest, after listening to it, I found myself enjoying it again. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I haven't listened to it for three years now and I guess absence makes the heart grow fonder. 

(Note: Around the World still does not exist to me because it was like a bad Pitbull reject. Not the he had good songs.) 

I quite like Around the World. I think it’s a good bop! I like Lotus as a shallow fun pop album. It was nice to have that from Xtina at a time when her catalogue was becoming saturated with concept albums.

Oh and Searching for Maria and Maria could have merged into one song. I found it a bit strange how there was the Liberation intro and then an interlude and then Maria. I did like Liberation but with the more limited number of songs there wasn’t room for as many wasteful interludes.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.