Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Ghostface

Snail Mail

Behind Snail Mail ( which covers something between band's and stage's name ) actually hides beautiful, talented and creative Lindsey Jordan. She is currently completely under anyone's radar ( well, basically ), but she is perfectly paving her way up to the indie rock majesty ( providing she keeps putting out music as good as her work up until now ).

Two EPs preceded her so perfectly crafted album Lush released this year. Her second EP titled Habit ( when she was 17 ) is where this heavenly musical journey begins, where are themes of procrastination and lethargy mainly explored.

Spoiler

And with debut studio album Lush, she has added another strong subject to her music: unrequited love ( which has already appeared on Dirt from her second EP, but wasn't that much omnipresent ). Her projects are so reminiscing of 90's and her usage of metaphors is always on point. 

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Hex said:

Damn, I'm really digging this. I wish her vocals were more upfront in the mix, but I suppose that's just preference.

Yeah, her vocals are definitely toned down on the EP tracks. She is again laid-back vocally on the album, but instrumentation and her vocals are more balanced. And I see how that actually can be some sort of minus ( since it took me as well to really get into her stuff because of it ), but I think it's one more way, besides her lyrics and melodies to present things she is singing about. And even though those are gloomy, sombre feelings, her music is not actually depressing, more like accepting reality. Strange mix, but I am glad you like it. Besides Thinning, Habit and probably Slug from EP, I am definitely more into her album songs. 

On 12/21/2018 at 9:17 PM, Ghostface said:

Yeah, her vocals are definitely toned down on the EP tracks. She is again laid-back vocally on the album, but instrumentation and her vocals are more balanced. And I see how that actually can be some sort of minus ( since it took me as well to really get into her stuff because of it ), but I think it's one more way, besides her lyrics and melodies to present things she is singing about. And even though those are gloomy, sombre feelings, her music is not actually depressing, more like accepting reality. Strange mix, but I am glad you like it. Besides Thinning, Habit and probably Slug from EP, I am definitely more into her album songs. 

Thinning is my bop. I think I'm starting to stan. rih6

6 minutes ago, Hex said:

Thinning is my bop. I think I'm starting to stan. rih6

Oh, sign of life in this thread. God knows Snail Mail needs every reaction she can get. jj2

But yes, Thinning is probably brighest gem before Lush rolled in. Perfectly captured sense of lethargy and feeling dread and good at the same time while being unproductive. 

If Thinning is really changing tides towards the possibility of you becoming fan, then you will definitely be one after checking Lush. oprah7

On 1/21/2019 at 10:18 PM, Ghostface said:

Oh, sign of life in this thread. God knows Snail Mail needs every reaction she can get. jj2

But yes, Thinning is probably brighest gem before Lush rolled in. Perfectly captured sense of lethargy and feeling dread and good at the same time while being unproductive. 

If Thinning is really changing tides towards the possibility of you becoming fan, then you will definitely be one after checking Lushoprah7

You were right on the money. I just started listening to Lush yesterday and I'm falling in love with this album. oprah7

Let's Find An Out is my favorite track so far. oprah7

4 hours ago, Hex said:

You were right on the money. I just started listening to Lush yesterday and I'm falling in love with this album. oprah7

Let's Find An Out is my favorite track so far. oprah7

Let's Find An Out is so simple, yet beautifully written. She managed to deliver such picturesque scene. That easy and laid-back beat in the backround is making it more soothing. The last verse probably hits the most. oprah7

5 hours ago, Hex said:

Do it, she has great music. oprah7

Convince him to do one good deed by giving few spins to Lush. oprah7

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.