Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Mondcard93

Xtina NYE setlist

36 minutes ago, BackToBasics said:

I hope she'll promote the spanish album more than she did liberation. I know she doesn't care about charts etc but SA is market where she could sell out arenas or even stadiums if she wanted to. I think it's kinda embarrassing for an artist with such a great voice to perform in front of 3k fans or 1,6k like she did in Tulsa or New Orleans. Xtina deserves to shine again because there're too many mediocre artists getting recognition they don't deserve. What's more, I'm really tired of seeing the "floptina" nickname mad5

i'll be really surprised if it's promoted more than liberation brit14 (but i don't think any promotion can be worse than Liberation... which was abandoned after 1 day brit1, having said that, only Xtina could top that... maybe she wont release any MV for the Spanish album brit8 or releasing recycled MV shots sort of like with Mi Reflejo era... e.g. Accelerate MV in spanish bey10).

Totally agree, i feel like someone with her talent deserves to be more worldly recognised and acknowledged by newer generations, she should be standing side by side with the likes of beyonce and adele in terms of recognition... how does selena gomez have 100mil followers on instagram while xtina only has like 6mil? gaga5 

44 minutes ago, Anita said:

Thanks for your post! I actually feel - probably - kinda the same rav3...

To me this whole performance - I had sooo much looked forward to - had like zero impact mad8... i mean, yes, hear vocals sounded good - though LTBL was messy as predicted - and well... if I was not a stan, I couldn't tell this is the excellent vocalist, the artist whose music goes under my skin. Judging by this performance.... and well: The cloud wasn't impressed either rav3

I blame the strange outfit & at most: the really bad song selection.

She sounded way better on the Liberation tour mad5  I feel like for this performance, she just used her "playful" vocals (you know the type of vocals you'd use in a shower etc... not trying to be shady even with this she still sounds better than 80% of the population) and not the serious vocals mad5  

8 hours ago, STJ said:

i'll be really surprised if it's promoted more than liberation brit14 (but i don't think any promotion can be worse than Liberation... which was abandoned after 1 day brit1, having said that, only Xtina could top that... maybe she wont release any MV for the Spanish album brit8 or releasing recycled MV shots sort of like with Mi Reflejo era... e.g. Accelerate MV in spanish bey10).

Totally agree, i feel like someone with her talent deserves to be more worldly recognised and acknowledged by newer generations, she should be standing side by side with the likes of beyonce and adele in terms of recognition... how does selena gomez have 100mil followers on instagram while xtina only has like 6mil? gaga5 

I still can't forgive her that she released only 2 music videos in the liberation era and both of them are mediocre jj3 She used to shoot great music videos (ANOM,Candyman etc.),what happened to her? fall1 she released her first album in 6 years and didn't bother to shoot 3/4 music videos ny10 If only music videos for accelerate and FIL were better maybe I would deal with having only 2 mvs. After all these teasers she gave us in May I expected her to release visual album or sth cry3 

On the one hand followers on instagram don't mean a lot because most of these new girls have millions of them but fail to sell albums and sell out arenas but on the other at least people know that they exist whereas Xtina is kinda forgotten. The fact that the tour didn't sell out completely shows a lot,venues were very small,her team released around 80k ticketsjj4 Some of pop girls sell 80k for one show fall3   I think she probably thinks that the spanish record will sell good just because it's in spanish. I can definitely see  liberation type of promotion for the album and short tour in small venues in SA&Mexico  

4 hours ago, BackToBasics said:

I still can't forgive her that she released only 2 music videos in the liberation era and both of them are mediocre jj3 She used to shoot great music videos (ANOM,Candyman etc.),what happened to her? fall1 she released her first album in 6 years and didn't bother to shoot 3/4 music videos ny10 If only music videos for accelerate and FIL were better maybe I would deal with having only 2 mvs. After all these teasers she gave us in May I expected her to release visual album or sth cry3 

On the one hand followers on instagram don't mean a lot because most of these new girls have millions of them but fail to sell albums and sell out arenas but on the other at least people know that they exist whereas Xtina is kinda forgotten. The fact that the tour didn't sell out completely shows a lot,venues were very small,her team released around 80k ticketsjj4 Some of pop girls sell 80k for one show fall3   I think she probably thinks that the spanish record will sell good just because it's in spanish. I can definitely see  liberation type of promotion for the album and short tour in small venues in SA&Mexico  

I think she can still make great MV... like Your Body and the videos in the tour... and the recent insta pics show that she can look good when she wants to, but just decides to be messy on important occasions/pivotal moments nicki5

If her english albums didn't do well, i don't think her spanish album will, although Spanish fans guarantee that it will smash... but i'm not really sure ari10

12 minutes ago, STJ said:

I think she can still make great MV... like Your Body and the videos in the tour... and the recent insta pics show that she can look good when she wants to, but just decides to be messy on important occasions/pivotal moments nicki5

If her english albums didn't do well, i don't think her spanish album will, although Spanish fans guarantee that it will smash... but i'm not really sure ari10

Her mind jj4 She's been paying dust to fans in SA for 18 years and as a result her albums especially released this decade didn't sell well there so I don't think they'll suddenly rush to buy her spanish album. She needs to appreciate her fans more.

8 minutes ago, BackToBasics said:

Her mind jj4 She's been paying dust to fans in SA for 18 years and as a result her albums especially released this decade didn't sell well there so I don't think they'll suddenly rush to buy her spanish album. She needs to appreciate her fans more.

I feel like this would happen more often when Summer is in high school... hopefully her voice is still in tact by that time, I feel like I need one more solid album/era from her... katy2

21 hours ago, STJ said:

She sounded way better on the Liberation tour mad5  I feel like for this performance, she just used her "playful" vocals (you know the type of vocals you'd use in a shower etc... not trying to be shady even with this she still sounds better than 80% of the population) and not the serious vocals mad5  

Thank you so much! You've put everything I wanted to say in a nutshell: She simply hasn't tried seriouslyrav3

9 hours ago, ParentalAdvisory said:

Video got delated fall7 poor me

I'm sorry :(, since we fans deserve it - but in all honesty: You don't miss anything. bummer1 Better watch some random Liberation Tour performances.

I don't even mind the GP not noticing that "performance".

On 1/2/2019 at 3:42 PM, STJ said:

I feel like this would happen more often when Summer is in high school... hopefully her voice is still in tact by that time, I feel like I need one more solid album/era from her... katy2

I think she would be able to do at least 2-3 tv performances in each continent if she wanted to. I'm not talking about a kind of promotion she did with Stripped because that obviously would be too much for her,but rather a B2B type of promotion and more than 2 music videos. If she doesn't want to perform on tv very often she could at least shoot 4-5  good music videos moo12   She could also use social media more often nicki5 

She struggled to sell out 80k tickets with liberation tour so if she wants to tour ever again and earn sth from it she should focus on Latin America. And Twice&UIWY deserved better,at least 1 live performance on tv. We all saw what happened to SS after she performed it live with AGBW 

5 hours ago, BackToBasics said:

I think she would be able to do at least 2-3 tv performances in each continent if she wanted to. I'm not talking about a kind of promotion she did with Stripped because that obviously would be too much for her,but rather a B2B type of promotion and more than 2 music videos. If she doesn't want to perform on tv very often she could at least shoot 4-5  good music videos moo12   She could also use social media more often nicki5 

She struggled to sell out 80k tickets with liberation tour so if she wants to tour ever again and earn sth from it she should focus on Latin America. And Twice&UIWY deserved better,at least 1 live performance on tv. We all saw what happened to SS after she performed it live with AGBW 

sis she barely promotes in the USA mad5 and u want her to perform in every continent? gaga5

UIWY definitely deserves a live performance, could have done it at the NYE thing tbh... gaga5 it sounds really good live... 

Her fashion was on point and her vocals were great considering the circumstances. Setlist could have been better (with fewer songs and at least 1 from Liberation), but all in all it was a good performance.

3 hours ago, Habits said:

Performance is up on youtube!

Fuck! How can she growl below freezing temperature?! wat3

I've been warming up my vocal cords to mimic her growls since the year 2000 but I'm still sounding like a goat with sore throat! meg1

21 hours ago, STJ said:

sis she barely promotes in the USA mad5 and u want her to perform in every continent? gaga5

UIWY definitely deserves a live performance, could have done it at the NYE thing tbh... gaga5 it sounds really good live... 

It's what we deserve jj3 I still can't believe that she was too lazy to perform more than 3 times during liberation era knowing it was her first in 5,5 years kesha5

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.