Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Luca

LGBTQ+ rights are no longer considered human rights in Brazil

Provisional Measure No. 870/19, signed by Jair Bolsonaro (SPL) on Tuesday (1), removed the LGBT population from the list of policies and guidelines aimed at the promotion of Human Rights. The MP makes explicit the changes in the structure of the ministries, including the new Ministry of Women, Family and Human Rights, led by the pastor Damares Alves. The edition was published in the Official Gazette of the Union later this Tuesday (click here to check the MP in its entirety).

When these kind of things don't already exist it's like well whatever, they can't be forced. But the fact they already had them, then actively thought it would be a good idea to remove them? Like what benefits have they got from removing them?

What kind of backwards shit 

6 minutes ago, Luca said:

I don't get this though, so now LGBT people are considered what... animals? dead2 

What kind of bullshit.

They are obviously still human. They won’t just won’t be mentioned anymore in human rights. (With is awful nonetheless) 

I don't get how a country like Brasil would change this, like what's that horrible about being attracted to the same gender. For example, obesity and global warming are way worsejj3

2 minutes ago, Simón. said:

They are obviously still human. They won’t just won’t be mentioned anymore in human rights. (With is awful nonetheless) 

Watch them spew out some republican bullshit and say something like “being LGBT+ is a normal human right— they don’t need to be protected because they already are by natural law” or some shit to make it seem like they care brit4

14 minutes ago, Simón. said:

I would venture that the people who sponsored this change don’t view LGBT people as people. 

15 minutes ago, Littleswiftie said:

I don't get how a country like Brasil would change this, like what's that horrible about being attracted to the same gender. For example, obesity and global warming are way worsejj3

Literally why are you downvoting the OP? jj4 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.