Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

rocky road

Britney’s residency cancels; Can’t compete with influx of talent moving in to Vegas; PR team lies about her dad being sick

1 hour ago, Agugaga said:

Xtina didn’t have an album out in 6 years yet still sold more than Britney in the 2010s. That just shows you how irrelevant Britney already is. brit3 

She was just as irrelevant as Xtina WITHOUT a hiatus,  imagine how dire everything will be after this long of a blackout. brit3 

Are you still using that image of a screenshot someone took of text an Xtina stan typed up in Apple Notes supposedly citing a website you once called “unknown and not taken seriously by anyone” as validation? mad5 

The gift that keeps on giving. mad5 

3 hours ago, Agugaga said:

Xtina didn’t have an album out in 6 years yet still sold more than Britney in the 2010s. That just shows you how irrelevant Britney already is. brit3 

She was just as irrelevant as Xtina WITHOUT a hiatus,  imagine how dire everything will be after this long of a blackout. brit3 

Femme Fatale outsold Bionic WW

BJ outsold Lotus WW

Glory outsold Liberation WW

the only reason why Xtina outsold this decade is because she had an additional fourth album Burlesque which was a soundtrack with Cher brit13 but nice try brit13 

4 hours ago, Agugaga said:

I don't think Christina sold more albums because FF alone sold over 1 million copies ww. Britney's more popular among young people and Christina is kinda forgotten,lbr. I know 100 people who know Britney and some of her songs but don't know Xtina or just know that a singer whose name is Christina Aguilera exists

X did pretty good on the theatre tour and Britney on the other hand is still able to sell out arenas and even stadiums and I have to give the credit where it's due.

2 hours ago, BackToBasics said:

I don't think Christina sold more albums because FF alone sold over 1 million copies ww. Britney's more popular among young people and Christina is kinda forgotten,lbr. I know 100 people who know Britney and some of her songs but don't know Xtina or just know that a singer whose name is Christina Aguilera exists

X did pretty good on the theatre tour and Britney on the other hand is still able to sell out arenas and even stadiums and I have to give the credit where it's due.

This. 

Even if younger audiences has forgotten X, she still has very loyal supporters. I also agree that Brit's more popular, especially when they were still starting out but I think during Stripped era, X and Brit are already doing different things musically . Brit has the perfect team back then (I don't know about now but yeah, she was marketed beautifully, and even after her 2007 debacle, she made a huge comeback with Circus.) because she put out albums on a constant basis while X seemed to settle for her team and release records every four years (six if we count Liberation) jj4. Even if she creates musically diverse songs, she took a loooong time to release records which is the reason why she struggled, especially with Bionic and then later with Lotus and Liberation. Maybe if X released an album in 2000, she would probably have been even more successful, but I guess the oversang Xmas album was...er...important. 

But I am happy that Xtina toured smaller venues because it seemed so intimate and people gave it wonderful reviews and that's all that I'm asking for as a fan. 

1 hour ago, BlancMac said:

This. 

Even if younger audiences has forgotten X, she still has very loyal supporters. I also agree that Brit's more popular, especially when they were still starting out but I think during Stripped era, X and Brit are already doing different things musically . Brit has the perfect team back then (I don't know about now but yeah, she was marketed beautifully, and even after her 2007 debacle, she made a huge comeback with Circus.) because she put out albums on a constant basis while X seemed to settle for her team and release records every four years (six if we count Liberation) jj4. Even if she creates musically diverse songs, she took a loooong time to release records which is the reason why she struggled, especially with Bionic and then later with Lotus and Liberation. Maybe if X released an album in 2000, she would probably have been even more successful, but I guess the oversang Xmas album was...er...important. 

But I am happy that Xtina toured smaller venues because it seemed so intimate and people gave it wonderful reviews and that's all that I'm asking for as a fan. 

Unfortunately Xtina's talent was wasted in my opinion although both Stripped&B2B are masterpieces. She's underrated and many people are not aware of  her talent and great albums she released-Stripped,B2B&Liberation. They don't even know her songs released after 2007. Britney's team was definitely better in late 2000s and early 2010s and that's why she's been doing better this decade than Christina. Young generations know Britney songs released in 2010s whereas Xtina's singles are forgotten 

13 hours ago, BackToBasics said:

Unfortunately Xtina's talent was wasted in my opinion although both Stripped&B2B are masterpieces. She's underrated and many people are not aware of  her talent and great albums she released-Stripped,B2B&Liberation. They don't even know her songs released after 2007. Britney's team was definitely better in late 2000s and early 2010s and that's why she's been doing better this decade than Christina. Young generations know Britney songs released in 2010s whereas Xtina's singles are forgotten 

If Xtina released Stripped a year earlier, it would've sold more to be honest. That way, B2B would have been bigger in 2005 whilst Bionic would've been released in 2009 and comparisons against newer acts would not have happened and the era couldn't have been ridiculed by that vile, slanderous little bitch named Perez, and of course the tour would not have been canceled. I mean, if her performance at the MTV Movie awards in 2010 is what was planned for the supposed tour, it would have been amazing. Also for Lotus, as much as I loved Your Body and Let There Be Love, she shouldn't have worked with Max Martin because his songs a basically carbon copies of one another and I always imagined Lotus should've an Arena Pop album instead of dance pop one. In a way, it's sad that X is just relegated as a legacy act because her talent is still undeniable. 

16 hours ago, ICEQueen said:

How long till gags have to cancel her las vegas show because of her "fibromyalgia" or whatever other made up  illness she can make up at the moment? 

Fsjhakksk/:lldks 

mess!

17 hours ago, BlancMac said:

If Xtina released Stripped a year earlier, it would've sold more to be honest. That way, B2B would have been bigger in 2005 whilst Bionic would've been released in 2009 and comparisons against newer acts would not have happened and the era couldn't have been ridiculed by that vile, slanderous little bitch named Perez, and of course the tour would not have been canceled. I mean, if her performance at the MTV Movie awards in 2010 is what was planned for the supposed tour, it would have been amazing. Also for Lotus, as much as I loved Your Body and Let There Be Love, she shouldn't have worked with Max Martin because his songs a basically carbon copies of one another and I always imagined Lotus should've an Arena Pop album instead of dance pop one. In a way, it's sad that X is just relegated as a legacy act because her talent is still undeniable. 

Xtina has been doing what she wants to do since 2002

luckily she has a team that is supportive of that, and has lead to some huge record breaking eras (stripped, B2b) but also some mistakes

people don’t understand that unlike botney, Xtina does what she wants and still gets respect and money, regardless of her not being seen as a “cool” pop act by the kids. At the end of the day the newer pop stars who know their herstery always cite Xtina as influence, which really says it all on who really won.... 👑 

3 hours ago, rocky road said:

luckily she has a team that is supportive of that, and has lead to some huge record breaking eras (stripped, B2b) but also some mistakes

people don’t understand that unlike botney, Xtina does what she wants and still gets respect and money, regardless of her not being seen as a “cool” pop act by the kids. At the end of the day the newer pop stars who know their herstery always cite Xtina as influence, which really says it all on who really won.... 👑 

Such a unique worldview. chi1

And that's amazing for you sweetie. bey10

3 hours ago, rocky road said:

You do realise Xtina will be not be signed to a major label soon? Her last era got no singles on the hot 100 and the album flopped WW. Britney will be okay on a major label (RCA) since she recently achieved a top 20 platinum hit, a better album chart pos. WW apart from 4 countries than Liberation, second single charting on hot 100, etc etc.

Xtina on the other hand, she has proven to them she has nothing to offer. Which is sad considering it's only her what 6th album?

16 minutes ago, Mariah's 18 #1's said:

You do realise Xtina will be not be signed to a major label soon? Her last era got no singles on the hot 100 and the album flopped WW. Britney will be okay on a major label (RCA) since she recently achieved a top 20 platinum hit, a better album chart pos. WW apart from 4 countries than Liberation, second single charting on hot 100, etc etc.

Xtina on the other hand, she has proven to them she has nothing to offer. Which is sad considering it's only her what 6th album?

Xtina will be fine , this era was a reintroduction. And it got nominated for 2 Grammys. She’s starting to tour again and will do a residency soon which will further promote her

meanwhile botneys eras keep getting worse and worse. And her residency days are over now that better pop stars have moved in. She has nothing left to promote her anymore — she’s done. At least Xtina has her talent to fall back on, Barney has nothing anymore and her last album didn’t even go gold. Lotus did 🤷🏻‍♂️ Rip 

8 minutes ago, rocky road said:

Barney has nothing anymore and her last album didn’t even go gold. Lotus did 🤷🏻‍♂️ Rip 

BJ and Lotus came out around the same time and BJ went gold. nat1 

You should be comparing Glory with Liberation since their releases are closer and their latest releases, in which case Liberation isn’t ever going to go gold. Oops. nat1 

Funny how an Xtard can use their enemy’s last album as an example but not their own fave’s last album. The hypocrisy is real nat1 

19 hours ago, ICEQueen said:

How long till gags have to cancel her las vegas show because of her "fibromyalgia" or whatever other made up  illness she can make up at the moment? 

Literally can you grow up with your stale ass drags, even a toddler can do better. 

35 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

BJ and Lotus came out around the same time and BJ went gold. nat1 

You should be comparing Glory with Liberation since their releases are closer and their latest releases, in which case Liberation isn’t ever going to go gold. Oops. nat1 

Funny how an Xtard can use their enemy’s last album as an example but not their own fave’s last album. The hypocrisy is real nat1 

Isn't Glory eligible for Gold now? If not it's close. It was less than 50k away like 8 months ago. Streaming should eventually get it there. nat1

Every era certified. Not all the girls have that. nat1

50 minutes ago, rocky road said:

Xtina will be fine , this era was a reintroduction. And it got nominated for 2 Grammys. She’s starting to tour again and will do a residency soon which will further promote her

meanwhile botneys eras keep getting worse and worse. And her residency days are over now that better pop stars have moved in. She has nothing left to promote her anymore — she’s done. At least Xtina has her talent to fall back on, Barney has nothing anymore and her last album didn’t even go gold. Lotus did 🤷🏻‍♂️ Rip 

Top 20 a 50mil+ grossing WW tour platinum lead single etc etc. 

Xtina - theatre tour no single on hot 100 and album peaked lower in all countries than Glory but 4

2 hours ago, Mariah's 18 #1's said:

Top 20 a 50mil+ grossing WW tour platinum lead single etc etc. 

Xtina - theatre tour no single on hot 100 and album peaked lower in all countries than Glory but 4

Just because glory peaked high first week, then bombed the other weeks like all her albums, doesn’t mean it was a hit. She had one single that sold decently it was still a flop era and she now has no residency or talent or public meltdown to keep her brand alive. Most of her last tour took place in Europe, where all major pop stars sell- even Xtina has sold out arenas there recently. I’m not impressed 

Xtina is just starting out again, a Grammy nominated album, another in the works , A hit US tour, and a residency in the works and she actually has TALENT to compete.  Not bad for a 6 year hiatus 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, rocky road said:

Just because glory peaked high first week, then bombed the other weeks like all her albums, doesn’t mean it was a hit. She had one single that sold decently it was still a flop era and she now has no residency or talent or public meltdown to keep her brand alive. Most of her last tour took place in Europe, where all major pop stars sell- even Xtina has sold out arenas there recently. I’m not impressed 

Xtina is just starting out again, a Grammy nominated album, another in the works , A hit US tour, and a residency in the works and she actually has TALENT to compete.  Not bad for a 6 year hiatus 🤷🏻‍♂️

You can’t call Glory a flop era but not acknowledge Liberation isn’t a flop era. fall4

”hit US tour” ...I’m dying fall4 

On 1/8/2019 at 8:36 PM, Umbreon said:

You can’t call Glory a flop era but not acknowledge Liberation isn’t a flop era. fall4

”hit US tour” ...I’m dying fall4 

I never said Liberation wasn’t a flop era? they both are but only one was nominated for Grammys? 🤷🏻‍♂️

And yes the Liberation tour did well most tickets were sold.

You guys love to call everything a flop but Britney just cancelled her poorly selling residency and there were many shows on her European tour that were half empty. Nowhere to go but down from here brit9

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.