Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

i wish you were gay

Why was Christina body shamed in 2011-2012?

I've been listening to Lotus constantly this past week (I'm starting to actually like it again because the influx of hip-hop inspired pop song is starting to annoy me.) Upon looking at the album booklet and watching the Your Body MV, she didn't look big. She actually looked hot, curvy and sexy. The video itself was empowering. So why was she so shamed for gaining weight? I mean, it's perfectly natural and she looked great, IMO.  I especially liked the shot with her wearing those leggings.

Spoiler

The cover art for Your Body is also heavenly. 

mjleub.jpg

She's short and was wearing outfits that didn't complement her body that made her body appeared bigger. The boob job and brazilian butt injection or butt padding didn't help either. She looked huge when standing alone at AMA 2012, but was tiny compared to Matt in another picture... I guess it's the illusion.

Also she debutted as a skinny person, so when someone that skinny gained weight, it's very noticeable... if Paris hilton was to gain weight, pretty sure everyone would fatshame her.

This is what I think went through her mind:  

Debut era, media and ppl were saying she was anorexic, so she gained weight during Stripped to prove she's not anorexic. Then after pregnancy, I think she let herself go because of depression/divorce/bionic flopped, that's when we got Lotus era. Also The Voice execs were telling her what to say/not say, so we got those really messy party city wigs and looks.

Kelly Osbourne and Joan Rivers were also making fun of her weight during lotus era multiple times, I think that set her off, so she bounced back with a skinny body in time for the Say Something era. 

Then Matt knocked her up, and now she's like "Fuck it, I don't want to go to the gym" mad5  People are no longer criticising her because she now has 2 kids and she's given a pass I guess because ppl know that having kids can change your body for the worse.

10 minutes ago, STJ said:

She's short and was wearing outfits that didn't complement her body that made her body appeared bigger. The boob job and brazilian butt injection or butt padding didn't help either. She looked huge when standing alone at AMA 2012, but was tiny compared to Matt in another picture... I guess it's the illusion.

Also she debutted as a skinny person, so when someone that skinny gained weight, it's very noticeable... if Paris hilton was to gain weight, pretty sure everyone would fatshame her.

People are dimwitted fools sometimes. But yeah, I also agree that the boob job didn't help her either. I remember seeing her in an interview in 2008 (I think it was Ellen) and she just gave birth but her boobs looked too huge even for someone who was just pregnant. 

Even up to now in the Liberation Era, she still wore clothes that are not proportionate and too over sized that I sometimes feel like it was swallowing her alive on the account that she's just too short for it. I think though that her styling in the YB video is still wonderful. especially the pink wig and that tight dress. Lawd. 

2 minutes ago, BlancMac said:

People are dimwitted fools sometimes. But yeah, I also agree that the boob job didn't help her either. I mean, I remember seeing her in an interview in 2008 (I think it was Ellen) and she just gave birth but her boobs looked too huge even for someone who was just pregnant. 

Even up to now in the Liberation Era, she still wore clothes that are not proportionate and too over sized that I sometimes feel like it was swallowing her alive on the account that she's just too short for it. 

Exactly lol. Personally have experienced fatshaming myself. I was a skinny person my whole life, but last few years I gained weight due to depression, and the first thing people noticed was my weight, and the first comment when they met me was, "OMG You're fatter now" ... moo1 Luckily, I'm not a teenager with insecurities and self-esteem issues... but I can see how so many people get anorexia... cuz ppl around them are always talking about their weight brit1

Just now, STJ said:

Exactly lol. Personally have experienced fatshaming myself. I was a skinny person my whole life, but last few years I gained weight due to depression, and the first thing people noticed was my weight, and the first comment when they met me was, "OMG You're fatter now" ... moo1 Luckily, I'm not a teenager with insecurities and self-esteem issues... but I can see how so many people get anorexia... cuz ppl around them are always talking about their weight brit1

I experienced this too especially in college. I was too skinny in elementary and high school but stress and college life took a toll and I gained a considerable amount of weight. And the fat shaming didn't even come from strangers but from my relatives. That's why I always gravitated towards Xtina as my role model because her songs helped me survive every rough patch that I was going through. 

I also think that Fat shaming comes hand in hand with Skinny shaming. The latter may not be as well talked about as Fat shaming but I know it makes people who have a hard time gaining weight feel shitty too. 

i think personally christina has always been body confident. there are a few examples from her first weight gain back in 2003. she didn't care, she showed the curves and admitted that she gained the weight on purpose due to the upcoming STRIPPED tour and wanted to maintain good energy ... by the time the STRIPPED tour came to an end - she had lost a significant amount of weight. By the time B2B's came out, she was back to her skinny self- even skinnier than when she started promoting STRIPPED. Towards the end of the B2B tour, she was prego so of course she did gain weight and maintained her weight until she started filming BURLSQUE - which she dropped weight, got her B2B era body back. 

When she started promoting LOTUS it was around the time of her divorce, which luckily was never forefront but you can tell it haunted her. there was a performance she did of YLM and you can tell that was probably her breaking point. so i believe she was in a downward spiral around that time hence the DUI situation/drinking partying a lot and gained tons of weight due to, i wanna say "depression" but that's a heavy/big word to just throw out there. 

fast forward to season 5 of the voice - she lost the weight again, got back to basics, started doing the yoga and gaining more control on her life .... but than she got prego with summer rain and gained all the weight back plus then some ...

TBH - christina looks amazing at any size. her weight gain hasn't affected anything - what she wears is a stylistic choice and not so much to hide her body. i believe she's still body confident just having fun and wanting to be a little more crazy - like the same xtina she's always been.

On 1/13/2019 at 6:34 PM, Rachel Green said:

99% of these are photoshoped moo12

they arent. The video version is photoshopped to make her look better. Show me the unedited versions of these pics if they are all edited.

Besides... who would photoshop entire gallerys and why?? and why are these in christina fan gallerys if they are all edited??

normal_013~315.jpg133849991.jpgnormal_015~437.jpgnormal_065~9.jpgnormal_5~15.jpgnormal_068~69.jpgnormal_253~0.jpgnormal_001~232.jpgnormal_032~215.jpgnormal_024~182.jpgnormal_020~200.jpgnormal_027~248.jpgnormal_011~392.jpg129525083.jpgChristina%20Aguilera%20leggy%20in%20tigho-CHRISTINA-AGUILERA-YOUR-BODY-570.jpg?4article-0-14B5DC1B000005DC-764_306x827.jarticle-0-14B5DC3B000005DC-276_306x827.jarticle-0-14B5DEEB000005DC-111_306x819.j

6 hours ago, COOKIES said:

they arent. The video version is photoshopped to make her look better. Show me the unedited versions of these pics if they are all edited.

Besides... who would photoshop entire gallerys and why?? and why are these in christina fan gallerys if they are all edited??

normal_013~315.jpg133849991.jpgnormal_015~437.jpgnormal_065~9.jpgnormal_5~15.jpgnormal_068~69.jpgnormal_253~0.jpgnormal_001~232.jpgnormal_032~215.jpgnormal_024~182.jpgnormal_020~200.jpgnormal_027~248.jpgnormal_011~392.jpg129525083.jpgChristina%20Aguilera%20leggy%20in%20tigho-CHRISTINA-AGUILERA-YOUR-BODY-570.jpg?4article-0-14B5DC1B000005DC-764_306x827.jarticle-0-14B5DC3B000005DC-276_306x827.jarticle-0-14B5DEEB000005DC-111_306x819.j

The silver dress and the black one as well were too fucking tight on her and hit all the wrong places. 

1 hour ago, COOKIES said:

its not true. oprah14

so? moo12 that was just my opinion and i didn't know that they weren't photoshoped because she appeared much more slimmer in the video for your body smh. moo12

13 minutes ago, Rachel Green said:

so? moo12 that was just my opinion and i didn't know that they weren't photoshoped because she appeared much more slimmer in the video for your body smh. moo12

wow you are taking this really hard. lmao. You wrote that 99% of them are photoshopped like im retarded for not knowing that. They arent and thats why I dislike your comment. But if it makes you feel better... I will undislike it. jesus.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:52 AM, STJ said:

This is what I think went through her mind:  

Debut era, media and ppl were saying she was anorexic, so she gained weight during Stripped to prove she's not anorexic. Then after pregnancy, I think she let herself go because of depression/divorce/bionic flopped, that's when we got Lotus era. Also The Voice execs were telling her what to say/not say, so we got those really messy party city wigs and looks.

Kelly Osbourne and Joan Rivers were also making fun of her weight during lotus era multiple times, I think that set her off, so she bounced back with a skinny body in time for the Say Something era. 

Then Matt knocked her up, and now she's like "Fuck it, I don't want to go to the gym" mad5  People are no longer criticising her because she now has 2 kids and she's given a pass I guess because ppl know that having kids can change your body for the worse.

But when Taylor hid and gained weight, nobody talked about itkesha5

The fact that they called her anorexicxtina1 She was slim but never really skinny?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.