Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Lachlan

Lachlan's Top 20 Taylor Songs | COMPLETED

gUm65oX.png

This section is flopping, so this thread might too but I thought I'd give it a shot! I've been listening to Taylor's entire discography a lot since seeing her live in November and thought it would be a cute idea to count down my 20 favourite songs. This was a painstaking list to draft but I think I'm happy with my selection. I'll probably post five songs a day!

THE COUNTDOWN

1. 'Style' from 1989
  2. 'State of Grace' from Red
  3. 'This Love' from 1989
  4. 'All Too Well' from Red
  5. 'Dear John' from Speak Now
  6. 'Call It What You Want' from Reputation
  7. 'I Did Something Bad' from Reputation
  8. 'Out of the Woods' from 1989
  9. '...Ready for It?' from Reputation
  10. 'Wildest Dreams' from 1989
  11. 'Clean' from 1989
  12. 'Don't Blame Me' from Reputation
  13. 'You Are In Love' from 1989
  14. 'The Last Time' from Red
  15. 'Treacherous' from Red
  16. 'Blank Space' from 1989
  17. 'Getaway Car' from Reputation
  18. 'New Year's Day' from Reputation
  19. 'Last Kiss' from Speak Now
  20. 'Love Story' from Fearless

'Love Story'
from Fearless

I couldn't leave this classic out of my top 20 with good conscious. This song was my introduction to Taylor back in the day and since then it's been the source of many, many karaoke performances with friends. The entire premise to this song is a little cheesy but that's why we love hillbilly Swift isn't it?

'Last Kiss'
from Speak Now

There's a string of really gorgeous ballads on Speak Now and this is the first of a couple to make the list. Taylor's storytelling has always been a strength and this slow-burner really highlights that. While it has a fairly universal message, the lyrics are so detailed that it makes you feel as though you were part of the relationship she was writing about.

'New Year's Day'
from Reputation

My love for this song was really elevated after seeing it live. One of the few calm moments on Reputation, the track's piano production is so simple yet gorgeous and warm. The second verse, and 'please don't ever become a stranger' refrain always hit me in the stomach too.

'Getaway Car'
from Reputation

I'm a sucker for 80s inspired production so the warm, glowing synths that make up this song's production are music to my ears. This song feels like the halfway point between 1989 and Reputation which is the perfect sonic blend. That bridge is a complete scalp and a half too.

I was riding in a getaway car. katy3

I was crying in a getaway car. katy3

I was dying in a getaway car. katy3

SAID GOODBYE IN A GETAWAAAAAY... CAR. katy3

'Blank Space'
from 1989

This track is truly pop perfection; everything about the production, rhymes and lyrics feel extremely calculated. This kiss-off to the media lets us see the rare tongue-and-cheek side to Taylor's writing and she executes it perfectly.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.