Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Infrared

Fossil dragged for being racist (again) in old interview

Interview was in 1986

Interviewer: You’ve said that a strong, intelligent female is still more frightening than a gangster with a machine gun. Why is that?

Madonna: ...I’ve always in this naive way identified with other minorities because I’m in a minority. You think that somehow unifies you in some philosophical way. But ultimately it doesn’t. Because I’ve found that being a strong female is actually more frightening to the black men that I’ve dated. It took me a really long time to accept that.

Interviewer: Would it be the same if you were a black woman?

Madonna: No

Interviewer: It’s heightened by the fact that you’re a white woman?

Madonna: I – why is that? This is a really touchy subject. You know, I believe that I have never been treated more disrespectfully as a woman than by the black men that I’ve dated. I’ve never actually said that to anybody, but it’s true and I think it’s a cultural thing.
I think black men have just been **** on for so long, that, in a way, black women are maybe more willing to accept rage from a black man, because they see what’s happened to them. So many black men grow up without fathers, without strong male figures, without a sense of romance and seeing a man treat a woman with respect.

Interview on here: https://allaboutmadonna.com/madonna-interviews/madonna-interview-spin-january-1996/2

brit9

wow this bitch is cancelled. 

Because 2Pac literally fucking used her the year before for publicity, support and because he was boasting about fucking Madonna (or a famous white chick).

The evidence of him boasting about it is right here (skip to the end):

image.thumb.png.a6217007c5914e78e847d4565d06c738.png

3 minutes ago, Madonna said:

Because 2Pac literally fucking used her the year before for publicity, support and because he was boasting about fucking Madonna (or a famous white chick).

doesn't excuse her comments. Refer to him not overall generalizations about black men brit9 like bitch who are you to be making these statements and as a white woman. Yikes.

13 minutes ago, Madonna said:

/endthread. But ofc no one will comment or blame 2Pac about his views. brit9 PS: The interview was a thing like 2 years ago. brit9

It certainly wasn't her place to speak on the overall subject of black culture, but it was coming from a place of frustration towards the injustices black people (specifically black men) have faced in the US and how she perceives that to have shaped their worldview. She over-spoke but I wouldn't call it blind racism by any means. 

39 minutes ago, Madonna said:

That's not an excuse for the comments at all and she has no right to generalize an entire race for one man moo3 

Dragged by who? Poor little liddos on Atrl with their cheap attempt to change subject from Gaga/R.Kelly hell of a mess, and you can tell they're desperate if they have to dig in an interview that happened more than 20 years ago over and over again. Just imagine that desperation! Sourse

tumblr_o8u73bZxFE1qlycwjo1_500.gif

Bitch said it over 30 years ago. Doesn’t make it right, but we really putting that much effort into digging into every person’s history? Like, get a hobby. oprah14 

I don’t agree with the statements Kevin Hart (a black man) said about gay people either, but forgive and forget. Like he said, everyone is just sitting on their laptops purposefully trying to dig up their entire past as a personal attack. ari4

Cancel culture is cancer to society... brit1

Get a hobby. Go spend your time doing good for humanity if you’re such a social justice warrior... brit1

People’s views change. We all say dumb things, no matter the race. We all know Madonna isn’t the same person from 30 years ago. So much energy spent on something so long ago. oprah14 

Her wording could have been much better, however i don't agree with dragging stuff like this which people said many many years ago. Times change, what is accepted in society changes and people change. 

I'm sure if you tried hard enough you'd find every single human alive today (including every member on FOTP) has said something which could be regarded as "racist", most of the time it's unintentional and just a case of poor wording. 

2 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Her wording could have been much better, however i don't agree with dragging stuff like this which people said many many years ago. Times change, what is accepted in society changes and people change. 

I'm sure if you tried hard enough you'd find every single human alive today (including every member on FOTP) has said something which could be regarded as "racist", most of the time it's unintentional and just a case of poor wording. 

Fucking facts ny13 

Everyone on the internet is such a saint though. It’s easy to rip celebrities apart for mistakes because they’re known by millions and easy for keyboard warriors to hide theirs. ny15 

1 minute ago, Umbreon said:

Fucking facts ny13 

Everyone on the internet is such a saint though. It’s easy to rip celebrities apart for mistakes because they’re known by millions and easy for keyboard warriors to hide theirs. ny15 

I hate the trend right now of bringing old tweets or quotes back in to the spotlight just to drag a celebrity that's successful. Fair enough if it's recent, but not when it's some prehistoric crap that some bored unoriginal stan spent hours scrolling through their history to find. 

undefined

6 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

Bitch said it over 30 years ago. Doesn’t make it right, but we really putting that much effort into digging into every person’s history? Like, get a hobby. oprah14

I bet Little Monsters think they can save their fave by blaming other artists too. oprah14

6 minutes ago, Mariah's 18 #1's said:

Racist bitch. Disgusting behaviour from a twisted old woman

I wonder how old you're since you stan Elvis Presley and Tina Turner. Imagine being a 70 plus years old woman and waste your time in FOTP. Sad. oprah14

1 hour ago, Merryem said:

A white woman making generalized, despicable racist statements. What else do you expect from the woman who exploited MLK Jr., Gandhi, and Malcom X for her....album promo campaign. Trash

Speaking of trash >>>

VnBdtdhNQOEFySl-800x450-noPad.jpg?152953

CweUEabUsAArScP.jpg

5k7jnfbtylvx.jpg

You really shouldn't come for Madonna while these disgusting pics exist.gaga6gaga7

Her comments were uncalled for and ignorant I hope she has moved on from this view and i hope none of you fools start trying to defend her cause at then end of the day this is still a white women making assumptions and not really knowing.

1 hour ago, harry said:

It certainly wasn't her place to speak on the overall subject of black culture, but it was coming from a place of frustration towards the injustices black people (specifically black men) have faced in the US and how she perceives that to have shaped their worldview. She over-spoke but I wouldn't call it blind racism by any means. 

lol one of the few Madonna interviews I'm not into. She definitely spoke out of turn. 

Also, it bothers me how society ignores the plight of the black woman. To many, injustice happens to black men only. Black women get shit  (from black men too) on 2 different fronts: being female and being black. A lot of the time we are all we got.

With Madonna now being the mother to 3 little black girls, I would hope her awareness is more well rounded.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.