Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

darklordoftech

What was the length of "What A Girl Wants" when Xtina's first album was first released?

On 1/19/2019 at 4:24 AM, darklordoftech said:

Wikipedia says it was 3:52 or 3:53 and that the 3:35 version is a "new album version". Is this true?

Yes. There are two edits of "What a Girl Wants". The original mix was nixed when they replaced it with the mix they used for the single release. The original was a bit more urban-laced than pop. I have both versions of the song. There are two edits of the song.

ORIGINAL:

NEW ALBUM / SINGLE:

2 hours ago, darklordoftech said:

Interesting that both versions of "Come on Over (Baby)" are included now, but the original version of "What A Girl Wants" has largely dissappeared.

I think it's because more people are away of "Come on Over" and "Come on Over, Baby" while "What a Girl Wants" is only recognized with one edit. Plus, Christina wanted a more upbeat mix for the single, so that's likely why it was replaced; it's the version she preferred for the song.

9 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

I think it's because more people are away of "Come on Over" and "Come on Over, Baby" while "What a Girl Wants" is only recognized with one edit. Plus, Christina wanted a more upbeat mix for the single, so that's likely why it was replaced; it's the version she preferred for the song.

You think Christina is ashamed of the original version of "What A Girl Wants"? Interesting...

If people are familiar with the original album version of one song, why wouldn't people be familiar with the original album version of another song?

17 minutes ago, darklordoftech said:

You think Christina is ashamed of the original version of "What A Girl Wants"? Interesting...

If people are familiar with the original album version of one song, why wouldn't people be familiar with the original album version of another song?

Because "What a Girl Wants" became a number-one single, so most of the general population knew that version of the song. Honestly, I never knew there was another edit until years after the album's release, because a family friend had one of the original pressings of the album.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.