Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Bhad Bharb

Cardi is over.... Already?

She's bigger as a celebrity than she is commercially. Sure "Invasion of Privacy" has 2 #1 singles, but "Bodak Yellow" wasn't really attributed to the success of the album since it came out the year before and she hasn't had as big of a single since then. "I Like It" is basically a pop-rap-latin song by the numbers formula that was tacked on to her album for the sole purpose of getting it to chart high. It's not a shining moment for her, rather just a catchy song she's on. Then all the features she's attempted to be on after "Finesse" and "Girls Like You" haven't really done much either. It will be interesting to see if she can even score a top 10 hit, as a lead or as a feature, in 2019. 

One thing is for sure, Urban radio still loves her and radio DJs are sending all her songs to the top of the urban/rhythmic charts, but that's still not translating to streams that places her in the top 10 on the hot 100. 

34 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

She's bigger as a celebrity than she is commercially. Sure "Invasion of Privacy" has 2 #1 singles, but "Bodak Yellow" wasn't really attributed to the success of the album since it came out the year before and she hasn't had as big of a single since then. "I Like It" is basically a pop-rap-latin song by the numbers formula that was tacked on to her album for the sole purpose of getting it to chart high. It's not a shining moment for her, rather just a catchy song she's on. Then all the features she's attempted to be on after "Finesse" and "Girls Like You" haven't really done much either. It will be interesting to see if she can even score a top 10 hit, as a lead or as a feature, in 2019. 

One thing is for sure, Urban radio still loves her and radio DJs are sending all her songs to the top of the urban/rhythmic charts, but that's still not translating to streams that places her in the top 10 on the hot 100. 

I mean keep making excuses. Nicki tried all of the things you use to discredit Cardi. The only difference is that it resulted in Cardi getting #1s which Nicki is still DESPERATE to have. jj1 

2 minutes ago, Madonna said:

I mean keep making excuses. Nicki tried all of the things you use to discredit Cardi. The only difference is that it resulted in Cardi getting #1s which Nicki is still DESPERATE to have. jj1 

Nicki's hits were bigger worldwide tho. Cardi remains local oprah14 

5 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

I Like It was huge here. Nicki's 3 biggest songs are so cringe worthy and dated already, it's sad. 

And "I Like It" has 3 artists on it, 2 of whom already had huge worldwide hits without Cardi B.

It's like Xtina fans boasting that "Lady Marmalade" is her biggest worldwide hit, but you don't see us doing that, even though technically it is and we can technically attribute most of the success of that song to Xtina since she was the only one at the time who had major worldwide success.  

11 hours ago, Agugaga said:

And "I Like It" has 3 artists on it, 2 of whom already had huge worldwide hits without Cardi B.

It's like Xtina fans boasting that "Lady Marmalade" is her biggest worldwide hit, but you don't see us doing that, even though technically it is and we can technically attribute most of the success of that song to Xtina since she was the only one at the time who had major worldwide success.  

The other 2 artists may be huge wherever you live, but here they're unknown and irrelevant. The song was a smash here simply because Cardi is on it and it bawps. 

10 hours ago, I Brings That Levity said:

The other 2 artists may be huge wherever you live, but here they're unknown and irrelevant. The song was a smash here simply because Cardi is on it and it bawps. 

Right...Cardi B is huge in the U.S. which serves my theory correct, that the only reason it was a hit worldwide was because of the spanish guys on the song. Aren't we saying the same thing basically ari1  

2 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Right...Cardi B is huge in the U.S. which serves my theory correct, that the only reason it was a hit worldwide was because of the spanish guys on the song. Aren't we saying the same thing basically ari1  

No as I'm not from the US. The song was huge here only because of Cardi. 

Scotland. It only managed to reach #8 here, however the song came out 23rd on the year end chart and had good longevity spending 16 weeks in the top 20. Not to mention it was and is constantly on the radio. 

13 minutes ago, I Brings That Levity said:

Scotland. It only managed to reach #8 here, however the song came out 23rd on the year end chart and had good longevity spending 16 weeks in the top 20. Not to mention it was and is constantly on the radio. 

And what ever big hits did Cardi have in Scotland nat1 

21 minutes ago, rocky road said:

So are Cardi’s

if you’re going to Call Super Bass pop even tho she raps in most of the song so is I Like It

Super bass was pop, I Like It really isn't. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.